Game Development: King's Bounty

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: King's Bounty

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:43 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

Realms
-----------------------
  • Characters now earn authority for Realms on basis of the location of their Hearth Fires -- i.e. a Realm gains authority whenever a Character, whose Hearth Fire is located within that Realm, earns Experience Points -- rather than on basis of the location of the characters themselves. Characters who have no Hearth Fire do not earn Authority.
  • You can now found new Realms within already existing Realms, as an act of rebellion, by simply constructing and activating a new Coronation Stone. While this will create two overlapping Realms, further expansion by Border Cairns (of either Realm) will still only be possible where this does not imply further overlap between the claims. The idea being that you can liberate your claimed over village, but only really expand your Realm once you have taken out the Border Cairns presumably covering it.
  • If more than one Realm covers a Hearth, both Realms will earn authority from it.
  • Realms can now be expanded underground if there is a Realm claim directly above the relevant cave level, as per how Villages already work.
  • Added permissions settings to Realms. A pox on all of your houses.
  • Added special Authority objects to Realms which provide Realm wide buffs for anyone within the Realm. You may build and maintain multiple copies of these objects.
  • "Menhir": Costs significant Authority upkeep (500/Day), but increases the Strength, Farming and Exploration, by one point each, of anyone within your Realm (i.e. all players on the Realm's Claim).
  • "Grotesque Idol": Costs significant Authority upkeep (500/Day), but increases the Perception, Unarmed Combat and Survival, by one point each, of anyone within your Realm (i.e. all players on the Realm's Claim).

Hearth Magic
-----------------------
  • "Raw Hide!": Bellow forth a mighty whoop to startle any horses in the vicinity, and cause them to rear for some duration of time. The closer the horse is, the longer it will be startled. Cost: 2500 XP.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added "Exquisite Rot", tanning material.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • "Mandrake's Shriek" should now give 250 XP.
  • Improved descriptive text for Catapult (build icon) slightly.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Fighting system.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: King's Bounty

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:46 am

Wooo, permissions! :D

Also, exquisite rot? Is this some kind of new curio you can get from tanning?
Last edited by Jacobian123 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby NeoBasilisk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:47 am

cool
NeoBasilisk

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:48 am

NOICE
Hopefully AD aren't cheapskates and use their 1/4 of the map to give us some stats :roll:
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Валентин » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:49 am

MrPunchers wrote:NOICE
Hopefully AD aren't cheapskates and use their 1/4 of the map to give us some stats :roll:

we can do that....for payment of course
Валентин

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:49 am

i have not read it yet but i hope it's combat finally lol
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 am

but are realms still fed exp while players are wandering around on the claim or no
Kaios

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 am

Jacobian123 wrote:Image

Wooo, permissions! :D

Also, exquisite rot? Is this some kind of new curio you can get from tanning?

I think you use it for tanning? It seems as such because it says "Tanning Material", not "Material gained from Tanning"? Maybe bad wording and if you leave Leather in for too long you got Exquisite Rot, or they added proper tanning fluid (woo).
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 am

Kaios wrote:but are realms still fed exp while players are wandering around on the claim or no

Hearths are checked instead of character locations, rather than both, if that's what you meant.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:52 am

Kaios wrote:but are realms still fed exp while players are wandering around on the claim or no

As the update posts clearly states: No, they do not.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to Announcements