Kingdom Quest~ relics & war

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Kingdom Quest~ relics & war

Postby maze » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:54 pm

To promote war between kingdoms I think we need relics.

Each kingdom can build one building of "keepings" (or w/e we wanna name it)

The building~
Would be a place where the nation head would go to, to locate relics within the world.
There should be 8 or more relics in the world- and the nation head can search for anyone of em.

The relic's object are place in the building of keeping would give a nation a buff.

another nation can locate relics and find your nation, thus how wars would start.

50% of the relics should be objects~ the other 50% should be structures.

---
A good subjection was to have relics spawn once a week at a time and day.
This would almost make a WoW styled raid like battle for the objects.
Last edited by maze on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Kingdom Quest~ relics & war

Postby ekzarh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:22 pm

The definition of "well known" people and manually giving them meaningful items is a bad way of doing things in gamedev.

IMO - until some global limit is reached (like 20 relics per world) they spawn 1 per week at random location and any player can track them.
This would cause initial PVP-event "Get the relic first and carry it home safely"

Together with that some clear warning should be displayed upon relic pickup to avoid casual player taking it and getting his ass delivered to him by big realm owner
ekzarh

Postby Zeler » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Powerful relics (while properly balanced), looking and fighting for them is very cool indeed.

Example - Wurm.
Zeler

Postby azrid » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Reminds me of Age of Mythology relics.
Sounds like a good idea.
But the distribution of them could be done differently than OP suggested.
azrid

Postby maze » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:29 pm

ekzarh wrote:The definition of "well known" people and manually giving them meaningful items is a bad way of doing things in gamedev.

IMO - until some global limit is reached (like 20 relics per world) they spawn 1 per week at random location and any player can track them.
This would cause initial PVP-event "Get the relic first and carry it home safely"

Together with that some clear warning should be displayed upon relic pickup to avoid casual player taking it and getting his ass delivered to him by big realm owner

IDK I just like the idea of having players at the start of the world have some interesting power in the world.

I do agree, if we gave well known players such as ladygoo an item at first~ might tip a quick balance power in favor of lady.

But that's why I said well known neutral party's.
my idea would be placing the Relic items in the alter would give a faction buff of 4-5stat.
While wearing em would give 10-30 stats and maybe a speed buff of +1 (Ie walking is now a run without the extra stam drain) be equip in a slot for relic items, making em sought after.
The relic items would be unable to be tracked while the players wear em' but can be tracked any other time (player is dead, dropped on ground, in chest, or in alter).

The relics items would expel a weak,lesser or great rune at random (with stats 1-3) once a week that the Relic item holder would get to choose when to get one and can be used in alters or in the relic slot. These new runes can be tracked for 24 hours from the rune bench in the relic keep. making it so that the neutral players.

You can only have a limited number of runes or Relic items in the Relic keep (Alter maybe only has 10 slots) but as many relic object as you can get.

----------------------

Your ideas great :D
one relic would spawn pre week. that would make Raid scenario. What would give hardcores something very interesting to fight over.
it would likely even give HnH a hole new end game to hardcores what would legit be fantastic.
game ideas
maze

Postby ricky » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:33 pm

my two cents:

one relic spawned per supergrid
- this encourages players to explore + expand
- this may seem like a lot of potential relics, but they shouldnt be too OP in the first place
relics provide user, claim, village, realm buffs.
-power would scale inversely: 10% bonus for user, 8% for claim, 6% for village, 5% for realm
-amount of relics scales porportionally: 2 for user, 3 for claim, 5 for village, 8 for realm
(EDIT: these numbers arent what i think they should be, just a demonstration of how the power should scale)
Relics can either be found, hunted, or earned
-finding relics guaruntees noobs can get relics
-hunting very high teired monsters guaruntees factions can get relics
-doing a quest may tell you where to find a relic

Relics should not be displayed or 'pointed to'
- having a giant faction raid your ass for a relic because they KNOW its in there is no fun
- however, hiding a relic and leveraging payment for its location is fun
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Zeler » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:42 pm

I don't like the idea of relics providing stat bonuses. Thats boring. They should have some imteresting unique abilities.
Zeler

Postby maze » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:51 pm

Zeler wrote:I don't like the idea of relics providing stat bonuses. Thats boring. They should have some imteresting unique abilities.

I agree with that~ but trying to come up with stuff that not super OP.
Like easily harvest speed, growth time for crops reduce by 5-20%.
Mining power x 0.2.
speed x 0.05
wild spawn rate inceresed
stam- fishing. but that kinda stuff would likely take more time to code.
game ideas
maze

Postby Ysh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:29 pm

Could be interest idea if land is not enough good for kingdoms to fighting over. I think give item to certain player at start of world is very bad ideas though. Other distribution methods are fine.

I think it must be consider that relic does not increase ability to war too much. If relic makes army much strong, then it is easy for player to get next relic after first. Eventual situation where maybe one kingdom has too many and no body is able to take from them from relic power.

Maybe consider relic effect is symmetrical? Example: for all land in kingdom water qualities are +5 or +5% higher. This is helping kingdom who owns it, but outsider can still get some use from it. Maybe also makes player want to live in kingdom for easy access to the bonus.

Maybe consider relic has some drawbacks? If relic A give +10% woodcut speeds and -10% mine speeds, but relic B give +10% mine speed and -10% woodcut speed, then have both is just doing nothing. It can maybe self balance against hoarding relic in this way. But maybe promote making multiple proxy kingdom to mitigate drawbacks, which is no good. Also maybe make relic too weak for player to fight over if drawback is very bad.

Not sure if these are good, but some thing to think about.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby MrPunchers » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:59 am

Ysh wrote:Could be interest idea if land is not enough good for kingdoms to fighting over. I think give item to certain player at start of world is very bad ideas though. Other distribution methods are fine.

I think it must be consider that relic does not increase ability to war too much. If relic makes army much strong, then it is easy for player to get next relic after first. Eventual situation where maybe one kingdom has too many and no body is able to take from them from relic power.

Maybe consider relic effect is symmetrical? Example: for all land in kingdom water qualities are +5 or +5% higher. This is helping kingdom who owns it, but outsider can still get some use from it. Maybe also makes player want to live in kingdom for easy access to the bonus.

Maybe consider relic has some drawbacks? If relic A give +10% woodcut speeds and -10% mine speeds, but relic B give +10% mine speed and -10% woodcut speed, then have both is just doing nothing. It can maybe self balance against hoarding relic in this way. But maybe promote making multiple proxy kingdom to mitigate drawbacks, which is no good. Also maybe make relic too weak for player to fight over if drawback is very bad.

Not sure if these are good, but some thing to think about.

1+
We need specialization for the sake of trading, if a whole Kingdom had +5% q wood, they'd sell wood. One has +5% Metal q, they sell metal. But as Kingdoms breed success, a hermit specializing in literally one thing (ie only makes steel; lives alone, no Kingdom, no Village, maybe no other HF's within a certain range) could equip the Relic, and get huge bonus from it, making this lonely hermit sell small amounts of the greatest steel in the land.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas