Wurm houses

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Wurm houses

Postby maze » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

J&L remember that time you guys said you'd make modular house like Wurm.
is that still in the pipe dream?
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Wurm houses

Postby Jacobian123 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 pm

I believe this is something they want to work towards. I'd also like to see houses being on the same world plane as outside, not just in their alternate dimension.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby shubla » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:23 pm

They must have massive pipes. They have lot of things in them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby maze » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:30 pm

shubla wrote:They must have massive pipes. They have lot of things in them.

ffs xD
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby ekzarh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:11 pm

ekzarh

Postby ubtroll » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Seems stuffing things into one's pipe is a favorite pasttime among this community. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ubtroll

Postby Ysh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:01 pm

maze wrote:J&L remember that time you guys said you'd make modular house like Wurm.
is that still in the pipe dream?

Ysh wrote:
jorb wrote:We have begun discussing the prospect of taking some time to fix "object controlled objects", a server engine upgrade which basically would allow for some objects to depend upon other objects in a more developed fashion. The immediate purpose of this would be to allow for objects which can actually be walked upon, which could potentially allow us to do things like walk-on-walls, rafts that can actually be walked upon and onto, non-pocket world houses, and bridges. It is a significant project, so it might be more than one week in the making. I'm not 100% that we'll go for this next week, but we want to do it at some point in the not too distant future, mostly because it seems like one of the more significant level ups we can give the game, but also because it is foundational enough that plenty of things could potentially come to depend on it, so it'd be nice to have out of the way.

I am assumed that these changes can be still on the way. It seems that without some ''pocket dimension'' buildings is to mean that the building can have a 1:1 spaces with the real world and to be in the same world mapping. Right now we can only have some previously fabricated building types with fixed looks, sizings. Will these new object controlled buildings replace the prefab buildings? Can the intentions be for us to be able with building our own buildings using some walls, stairs, ceiling constructions? I think this is a good way to be going. I think this game could be using some ''mega constructions'' like the dwarf building game. What do the people think about this one?

jorb wrote:A more free form building system is certainly on my wishlist.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Onep » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Jorb can dream it Loftar can craft it!
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby sMartins » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:09 am

jorb wrote:We have begun discussing the prospect of taking some time to fix "object controlled objects", a server engine upgrade which basically would allow for some objects to depend upon other objects in a more developed fashion. The immediate purpose of this would be to allow for objects which can actually be walked upon, which could potentially allow us to do things like walk-on-walls, rafts that can actually be walked upon and onto, non-pocket world houses, and bridges. It is a significant project, so it might be more than one week in the making. I'm not 100% that we'll go for this next week, but we want to do it at some point in the not too distant future, mostly because it seems like one of the more significant level ups we can give the game, but also because it is foundational enough that plenty of things could potentially come to depend on it, so it'd be nice to have out of the way.

Nice, when was this written?
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Ysh » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:56 pm

sMartins wrote:

Nice, when was this written?

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:32 pm
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas