idle fishing: ground stakes/ rod holder

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

idle fishing: ground stakes/ rod holder

Postby maze » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm starting to explorer early game again and something that always comes up early game~ fishing.

Now fishing early game is normally the best way to get some quick int, then you make a bow and never fish again cuz the time consuming fishing is- just that time consuming.

ground stakes/ rod holder are a real life way to idle fish.
I typically catch catfish when I go fishing. but I rarely actively fish by standing at my rod.

I normally set up 4 rods~ catch about 1 catfish~ sometimes bass- each rod per half hour.
After 4 hours I have the fish I need for the rest of my cottage weekend for w/e party I'm having.

I think the same thing should be in haven and hearth. "ground stake/rod holder" were someone can setup rods along the water and catch 1 fish every 10-30mins with bait.
The rod would bob to indicate their is a fish on the line.

Have I ever lost a rod~ no but I do normally lose bait once every few catchs- and I have very rarely had fish snap my line.
the fish don't even typically pull that hard- my first rod holders were not even stuck into the ground they were off a dock. but now I found the sweet spot for catfish so ~ yeah they are grounded.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: idle fishing: ground stakes/ rod holder

Postby sMartins » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm

yeah could be nice...but maybe only for some kind of fishes...like catfish, that are not too smart, and very low chance for others...
I would like to see a more active way of fishing too....like a fly fishing...with a minigame where you have to time the corrcet move in a short period of time....so skill based.
when you catch a fish some moves appears random, like combat, they last very short..and you have to press 1-5 keys to pull your fishing pole in the right direction...maybe you have to watch the floating to decide in which direction pull your fishing pole....
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby maze » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:41 pm

sMartins wrote:yeah could be nice...but maybe only for some kind of fishes...like catfish, that are not too smart, and very low chance for others...
I would like to see a more active way of fishing too....like a fly fishing...with a minigame where you have to time the corrcet move in a short period of time....so skill based.
when you catch a fish some moves appears random, like combat, they last very short..and you have to press 1-5 keys to pull your fishing pole in the right direction...maybe you have to watch the floating to decide in which direction pull your fishing pole....

honesty my frav fishing game was fantasy life.
you had to time it when it took the lure- push A to get it on the line
Then you have to gauge your fishing energy, line tension, and fish HP.
While fish is not fighting you need to to holding A
the moment it starts fighting you let go of A or else line tension would shot straight up.
the bigger the fish or rarest the harder the fish would fight.

https://youtu.be/rDulqQ_Co9w?t=252
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby sMartins » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:06 pm

yeah nice too...but maybe it's a bit more difficult to code, idk
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby ydex » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:55 pm

agreed, would save me the need of fishing alts.
bold
ydex

Return to Critique & Ideas