Mazes envisions (end game)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby maze » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:23 am

J&L are currently making progress to add more things to the game.
but at some point the world will need a reset to just refresh things.
But ideally I'd only want to see a restart only if state caps are re-added.

A few things that I envision HnH end game.

-State caps re-added (300-400)
-Kingdom objectives
---Kingdom objective wars (Relic wars)
---removal or fix of the kingdom Idols (easily botable with current exp system)
---++Fix maybe~ add kingdom idols to owning land- the more land you own the more idols you can have.

-Food overhaul to make food not stale in statcap world (Mazes Food & FEP overhaul)

-Town progression
---Stuff that add to state buffs (town hall [only 1])
---Butcher shop( adds a buff to meat quality and can also store and butch multiply things)
---Ect
Last edited by maze on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby Colin500 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:16 am

We're done with the stat caps, forget about it.
Colin500

Postby infectedking » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:43 am

Colin500 wrote:We're done with the stat caps, forget about it.

he wants stat caps due to his 1hour of game play a day (if that) so everyone can reach stat cap and he can slowly crawl on his belly, to catch the rest of the playerbase.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby maze » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:49 pm

infectedking wrote:

he wants stat caps due to his 1hour of game play a day (if that) so everyone can reach stat cap and he can slowly crawl on his belly, to catch the rest of the playerbase.

I want Stat caps so that we can push a real end game instead of always hiding in our walls worrying about If you're the highest level yet.

But sinc your so closed minded and can't see the problems with the game. I'll just cover myself in all my pink capes by the fire with the game problems why everyone else's rages about no end game.
game ideas
maze

Postby dafels » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:52 pm

maze wrote:
infectedking wrote:

I want Stat caps so that we can push a real end game instead of always hiding in our walls worrying about If you're the highest level yet.

Having stat caps didn't change anything at all, only made people who reached the stat cap to quit, because there was literally nothing to do when you reach the stat cap(you stop making curiosities/stop hunting/stop crafting food/ stop the industry/ stop foraging once you reach it since there was no reason to do any of this anymore).
Stat caps are bad
dafels

Postby sMartins » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:05 pm

I'm against stats cap too...in my mind we simply need a different curve function for increasing stats in a way that when stats go to infinite the stats gain go to zero....in short (just an example) between a 100 and 1000 char should not be a huge difference....to be honest i don't know what is the real increasing gain right now, but if a 1000 char now can almost one shot a 100 char, clearly it needs to be rebalanced in my mind...
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:12 am

sMartins wrote:I'm against stats cap too...in my mind we simply need a different curve function for increasing stats in a way that when stats go to infinite the stats gain go to zero....in short (just an example) between a 100 and 1000 char should not be a huge difference....to be honest i don't know what is the real increasing gain right now, but if a 1000 char now can almost one shot a 100 char, clearly it needs to be rebalanced in my mind...

stats don't do much past 300- unless it's agi, str or con.
the rest are just hardcaps.

Having stat caps didn't change anything at all, only made people who reached the stat cap to quit, because there was literally nothing to do when you reach the stat cap(you stop making curiosities/stop hunting/stop crafting food/ stop the industry/ stop foraging once you reach it since there was no reason to do any of this anymore).
Stat caps are bad

Stat caps are not bad- the fact that you "need" no stat caps to feel the need to keep active is bad.
People are over looking the "if stat caps were in place then we need {blank}"

If we had a system to progress that is added with stat caps at the same time. that is the only time I would agree to stat caps.
that's why relic wars would be ideal to add to ignite wars so player would max a char thats rdy to die in mind.
things to ignite wars is a big deal we struggle to do right now.

Creatures rare items.
any thing to mid max past a statcap once in a statcap was in place. to give people intensive to do something else.

We'd also need a way to refresh the stale game play of food and farming. (my ideal: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51611)

again~ In not suggesting to only add statcaps- im suggesting a real end game of war and politics.
if we added a relic war that spawns a relic a week- it adds a semi raid style game play what adds to your stat caps.
I don't want peace.
I don't want carebear.
I want wars
with players who die not quieting and rdy to war again the week after.
game ideas
maze

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:24 am

maze wrote:unless it's agi, str or con.

Yeah...it's what i'm saying, simple slow them down....a good 300 char fighter should be able to KO even a 500 char if he fight better than him...if this happen now, then the system is pretty good, no need to be changed...if people want to raise their stats to infinite, let them doing that...simply the benefit would be lesser and lesser...i don't see any effective reason to add stats cap....perhaps only bots could be an issue, soon or later devs will fix also this in someway.
I have a question, what do you think is right now an high stats char fighter? 500-1000? ( without botting)...so that value should be only a bit stronger than a 300 char, then the next step will be something like 10k stats(virtually impossible without botting) to see the same profit between 300 and 1000....and so on..
sMartins

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:35 am

sMartins wrote:
maze wrote:unless it's agi, str or con.

Yeah...it's what i'm saying, simple slow them down....a good 300 char fighter should be able to KO even a 500 char if he fight better than him...if this happen now, then the system is pretty good, no need to be changed...if people want to raise their stats to infinite, let them doing that...simply the benefit would be lesser and lesser...i don't see any effective reason to add stats cap....perhaps only bots could be an issue, soon or later devs will fix also this in someway.

with the new combat 300 vs 500. the 500 would always win.
but really stat caps are to put a goal into mind for stats then to differ down a different path once you hit cap.
That's why i keep repeating stat cap+ systems need to be added.
game ideas
maze

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:43 am

sMartins wrote:with the new combat 300 vs 500. the 500 would always win.

This is not good...simply we need a better balance then.
To be honest i don't care so much having or not having stats cap....but i think there are a lot of people that only want to play the game, don't bothering with combat or other stuff...so if they want to keep going with their chars stats, why should we stop them? they only want to play, let them doing that...
sMartins

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas