Game Development: Red Wheat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Red Wheat

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:52 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added "Study Desk", You will automatically draw and study new curiosities placed on your study table, whenever you finish studying a curiosity. I'm sure this doesn't negate the problem of auto-study bots entirely, but it can perhaps mitigate it a bit, and the desk makes for nice decoration if nothing else.
  • Added "Wheat". Wheat has its own flour and beer, and is thus an alternative cereal crop to Barley. The baking recipes now require any flour, rather than barley flour specifically. Do note that you will have to rediscover flour and whatnot. Honey Buns now require wheat flour specifically.
  • Added "Red Onion". Red Onions are a type of Onion. All recipes previously requiring yellow onion will now rather ask for any onion. You will need to rediscover onions.
  • Added "Fruit Pie", food. Can be made with both Fruit and Berries, and takes various buffs depending on what you use to craft it. Will add more things using various fruits, nuts and berries down the road.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Added cached drawing for objects using variable materials, and for animated objects when not actually animated (eg chests). Might imply some performance gains.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • There is now a slight cooldown (~15 seconds) after a player has stopped destroying an object, and before the object can be repaired again.
  • Fixed a bug by which bear could flee even if raging. Also made rage significantly scarier.
  • Locks now have a tooltip indicating if they have been attuned to a key or not.
  • Crafting recipes now prioritize equipped sources ahead of inventory, meaning primarily that water should be drawn from buckets before water flasks and the like. Reported here.
  • Fixed a memory leak which sometimes caused the client to stutter until relog after some exploration.

By popular request, and some inspiration from the zeitgeist, we decided to add the first new store hat in a good while.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $10, is the "Campaign Cap".

Store description wrote:Image $10
Make Haven Great Again! At some undefined point in the past, Haven was great, and by flying this red campaign cap, loud and proud, you strive to make it thus again! MHGA!

All Gold and Silver subscribers have been awarded the Campaign Cap free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Steaming on.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Red Wheat

Postby viznew » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:53 am

Store description wrote:Image $10
Make Haven Great Again! At some undefined point in the past, Haven was great, and by flying this red campaign cap, loud and proud, you strive to make it thus again! MHGA!

lol

awsome adds love the new pie lol
ImageImage
viznew

Postby Scilly_guy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:54 am

woooo
Scilly_guy

Postby SacreDoom » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:55 am

Nice update.

But now I have to redesign my farm. ;_;
SacreDoom

Postby infectedking » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:55 am

Re-Add the damn witchs hat so you can actually get some more money from it. Jesus m8, you skipped Halloween shit like that.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Redlaw » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:57 am

Loving this update. I love the study deck, as I never rarely used auto study. So this will fix that amazingly well. Plus yes more decorations that are just flat out useful.
Redlaw

Postby Jacobian123 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:58 am

jorb wrote:In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Steaming on.

jorb wrote:
  • Steaming on.

jorb wrote:Steam

gasp
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Bowshot125 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:58 am

Give me till after classes Jorb, ill buy that god damn hat.

Edit* Just did, thanks for top kek hats Jorb.

Make Haven Great Again.
Last edited by Bowshot125 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bowshot125

Postby SmackMcBacon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:59 am

Nice update, what a great day today :D
SmackMcBacon

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 am

Love the desk! Regardless of it being a study table, it's very nice. :D
Also love red onions, use them all the time in everything I can possibly get them in, lol.

I'll buy the cap as a show of support but Haven already is great again! :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Next

Return to Announcements