Nidbane nerf

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Nidbane nerf

Postby spawningmink » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Nidbanes are extremely broken making leaving scents a suicide mission. Im sure everyone who has had to fight them agrees with me, i think it should be one nidbane sent at a time max and remove armor pen
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Re: Nidbane nerf

Postby loskierek » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:06 pm

why leave a scent then? Does nibane str not increase with severity of the crime? trespassing nidbanes should be not so strong tbh.
loskierek

Postby Leafstab » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:07 pm

spawningmink wrote:Nidbanes are extremely broken making leaving scents a suicide mission. Im sure everyone who has had to fight them agrees with me, i think it should be one nidbane sent at a time max and remove armor pen

Nidbanes are too weak vs anyone with a friend or group can easily take out a nidbane, without the ability to send multiples it makes nidbanes no risk to any group
Leafstab

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:08 pm

spawningmink wrote:Nidbanes are extremely broken making leaving scents a suicide mission. Im sure everyone who has had to fight them agrees with me, i think it should be one nidbane sent at a time max and remove armor pen

+

nidbanes are too fucking broken, after barely surviving 1 nidbane, then 2 nidbanes, then 1 more nidbane, I had 100 nidburns which would take over a month to heal IIRC

what a stupid fucking mechanic, hurr durr time to kill a guy with 300 times my stats while bypassing his 30 brickwalls around his village that they worked on for 2 years

price?

1 hard metal xddddddddddd
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Leafstab wrote:

Nidbanes are too weak vs anyone with a friend or group can easily take out a nidbane, without the ability to send multiples it makes nidbanes no risk to any group

Easy. Make it so only 1 nidbane can be sent, and only the person it's sent to can fight it. All problems solved.
NOOBY93

Postby Ysh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Ysh wrote:I think problem of nidbane is same as problem of siege. Too binary results.

Nidbane is very power -> men cry for nidbane cannot be beat and they are kill for no risk from killer.
Nidbane is very weakness -> men cry for nidbane is useless creature.

I would rather see nidbane always do some punishment, but never kill. Punishment quantity is relative to evil of crime, quality of fetter, amount of crime, and so on. Maybe you still must fight it, but even if you fight it very best you still become punish, but less and if you are just afk you become punish more, but still not kill.

Punishment can be whatever e.g. healable or unhealable wound, unable to log out, unable to use teleport, etc. Maybe these things like no charter and no log out that I see people complain for often can be remove and instead tie it to nidbanes with duration of debuff scale with punishment. Some things like this maybe can be better.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Ysh wrote:
Ysh wrote:I think problem of nidbane is same as problem of siege. Too binary results.

Nidbane is very power -> men cry for nidbane cannot be beat and they are kill for no risk from killer.

I would rather see nidbane always do some punishment, but never kill. Punishment quantity is relative to evil of crime, quality of fetter, amount of crime, and so on. Maybe you still must fight it, but even if you fight it very best you still become punish, but less and if you are just afk you become punish more, but still not kill.

Punishment can be whatever e.g. healable or unhealable wound, unable to log out, unable to use teleport, etc. Maybe these things like no charter and no log out that I see people complain for often can be remove and instead tie it to nidbanes with duration of debuff scale with punishment. Some things like this maybe can be better.

I suggested a similar thing to Jorb in PM = sending nidbanes steals a percentage of stats (TEMPORARILY, but maybe long duration) from the person you sent it to, and gives those stats to the person who sent the nidbane. Amount of stats (or duration) depends on how hard you got fucked by the nidbane. Therefore sending nidbanes would be extremely useful for hermits and weak villages, and not very useful for factions used against weak villages, who can instead just siege the weak villages.
NOOBY93

Postby Ysh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
Ysh wrote:

I suggested a similar thing to Jorb in PM = sending nidbanes steals a percentage of stats (TEMPORARILY, but maybe long duration) from the person you sent it to, and gives those stats to the person who sent the nidbane. Amount of stats (or duration) depends on how hard you got fucked by the nidbane. Therefore sending nidbanes would be extremely useful for hermits and weak villages, and not very useful for factions used against weak villages, who can instead just siege the weak villages.

What did jorb think of this kind of idea?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:I suggested a similar thing to Jorb in PM = sending nidbanes steals a percentage of stats (TEMPORARILY, but maybe long duration) from the person you sent it to,

This would make getting revenge impossible for noobs. Small weak villages or hermitages without that much pvp experience cannot do anything against pro pvpr groups, even if they would have considerably more combat stats.
I think idea of nidbanes is that you can kill someone who just hides behind his walls. This temporary debuff would remove that functionality.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 pm

shubla wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:I suggested a similar thing to Jorb in PM = sending nidbanes steals a percentage of stats (TEMPORARILY, but maybe long duration) from the person you sent it to,

This would make getting revenge impossible for noobs. Small weak villages or hermitages without that much pvp experience cannot do anything against pro pvpr groups, even if they would have considerably more combat stats.

As Ysh said, nidbanes are too binary. It's either too strong for an extremely easy kill through walls which is stupid, or it's too easy to fight which is useless.

With my idea, small groups would remove a large amount of stats from the guy they sent the nidbane to (because it takes a percentage) and get the same amount on their character, therefore greatly decreasing the gap between them. Even if they don't act upon it, the punishment is still there - for a long time the nidbane victim will have much lower stats, and the nidbane sender gets an amazing amount of stats for a long time, which makes sending nids worth it but not overpowered.

People who just hide behind walls don't leave scents. The idea of nidbanes is that you can easily kill a criminal despite the amount of walls he has. This is stupid and makes you not do crime even though you'd want to do it otherwise, it's just like "sandbox game, you do what you want" and in small text in the bottom "but if you do what we don't want you to do, you can get instakilled with the price of a couple of bars of bronze nevermind how many walls or defenses you have, ENJOY!"
NOOBY93

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas