Leanto needs free space check

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Leanto needs free space check

Postby Granger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 pm

leanto_abuse.png
leanto_abuse.png (317.75 KiB) Viewed 3815 times

This should be made impossible.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Leanto should have been made so that it can't be built X tiles distance of another leanto ages ago. If this can't be implemented for some reason, make it so that leantos can't be built on claimed land as vandalism action, only with permissions.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 pm

vatas wrote:Leanto should have been made so that it can't be built X tiles distance of another leanto ages ago. If this can't be implemented for some reason, make it so that leantos can't be built on claimed land as vandalism action, only with permissions.

If the first can't be done, then they should also make it so they can't be made within a tile of a hearthfire so as to prevent completely removing a character from the game early on by blocking his hearth fire with 4 leantos.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Moonpoppy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:00 pm

I mean it doesn't really stop with wrecking balls... you can pretty much leanto against anything important, for example pclaims, hearthfires etc
Moonpoppy

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Aware. Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby CSPAN » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Was literally about to make this thread after seeing that in The Moot. It's hella cheap. I have no respect for these type of folk.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm

CSPAN wrote:I have no respect for these type of folk.

Don't hate the player, hate the game
NOOBY93

Postby Hrenli » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:35 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Don't hate the player, hate the game

Hating and having no respect is not the same. The guys in question use really cheap trick. They know it's cheap, they know it couldn't be properly countered but still go for it. So, do they deserve any credit for that? I don't think so.

I feel about the same about GodKiller. The idea of a renegade questgiver killer is not bad if done properly. With a cult around it and an actual effort. But he just creates naked alts and chops down trees. I don't hate the game for it, I don't even hate the player, but he sort of ruined nice idea by his lazy approach to it.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Hrenli wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Don't hate the player, hate the game

Hating and having no respect is not the same. The guys in question use really cheap trick. They know it's cheap, they know it couldn't be properly countered but still go for it. So, do they deserve any credit for that? I don't think so.

I feel about the same about GodKiller. The idea of a renegade questgiver killer is not bad if done properly. With a cult around it and an actual effort. But he just creates naked alts and chops down trees. I don't hate the game for it, I don't even hate the player, but he sort of ruined nice idea by his lazy approach to it.

If you add a rule to chess that says "...but if you say the word 'train' 4 times, under the condition that your first move was d4, you instantly win the game" in tournaments everyone would use this rule, nobody would be dumb enough not to use it.
NOOBY93

Postby Hrenli » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:49 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:If you add a rule to chess that says "...but if you say the word 'train' 4 times, under the condition that your first move was d4, you instantly win the game" in tournaments everyone would use this rule, nobody would be dumb enough not to use it.

Funny, as I actually play chess a bit. If such rule would be added, I'm sure I'll stop playing by that rule and find people who play by the old rules. And I am sure I'll find such people. Even though I agree that there will be players who will "compete" by the new rules. I wouldn't even hate them, though respect... Nah. :)

And I don't think such tournaments would get much sponsors either.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas