Game Development: Whack-a-Mole

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Whack-a-Mole

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added "Mole", friendly burrower who never hits rock bottom.
  • Added a bit of silliness.
  • Added "Poached Wolverine", food.

Siege & Kingdoms
-----------------------
  • It is no longer possible to extend a Realm from a challenged Border Cairn, i.e. it is not possible -- for the Realm being challenged -- to place new Border Cairns overlapping an already challenged Border Cairn.
  • Challenging a Border Cairn will now also place secondary challenges against all other Border Cairns within the area of the Cairn first challenged. Secondary challenges thusly placed will, of course, not themselves lead to yet further challenges.
  • The minimum time required to smash a border cairn has been reduced from 30 to 15 minutes.
  • Reduced the soak on cairns from 15 to 13, and also made it so that cairn soak increases from 0 to 13 over two RL days, analogous to houses.
  • A maximum of 10 border cairns may now overlap the same area.
  • You can no longer extend from a cairn during the first two (RL) hours of its life, i.e. during the initial time when anyone can bash it without an active challenge.
  • The cost of using the Realm ability "Diplomacy" now increases by x1.5 for each time the ability hits the same challenge. I.e. you can't keep extending the same challenge indefinitely at linear cost. Also reduced the base cost of "Diplomacy" from 5000 to 2500 to reflect the fact that we added secondary challenges.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • May have fixed the bug by which certain objects would sometimes drop their variable materials on load, or temporarily. Can't actually reproduce the problem, so please verify that you can't either. Requires client update.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Should now be possible to log back in to places which would not normally block you, like Hearthfires, or open gates.
  • Retouched the chest and added animations and content graphics to it.
  • Fixed a bug by which Witherstands could not be planted in caves. They can now be planted both outdoors and in caves. Also cleaned up the presented tooltip names for various potted trees and bushes to actual readable ones, rather than internal server names.
  • Fixed a bug by which you needed to toggle swimming to embark on boats on deep water.
  • The Hearth Magic "Dig Deeper" should now present you with a confirmation dialogue also presenting the total final cost before actually executing.
  • Fixed a bug by which mounts could become unmountable.
  • Fixed another bug with autodrinking not interrupting walking correctly (when digging boulders from cellars).
  • Merchant's Ring now also gives Will.
  • Fixed a bug by which mouseover on the brew tea recipe output would crash the client. Reported here. Requires client update.
  • Added a "Here be dragons" error message when hitting the map borders.
  • A person who has leashed a tamed animal may now inspect it, although doing so will still break the leash. Inspired by this.
  • You should now receive an error message when an animal carcass decays away while carried. Inspired by this.
  • Fixed a bug with claim overlays not updating properly to terrain changes.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Not entirely sure on the Kingdom changes, but perhaps an improvement. We realize that over-securing border cairns may become a thing instead. Keep the input coming.
  • Small patch this week, again 'cause reasons, but loftar tells me that he's been making progress on push-out, so that's something. Aiming for something meatier next week!

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Whack-a-Mole

Postby algeralith » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 am

Image It's a fukken spruce cap
algeralith

Postby Artemiswhb » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 am

It's a fukken spruce cap Image
Artemiswhb

Postby Teleskop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:43 am

THIRD
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:43 am

FOURTH
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Kearn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:43 am

you are all cancer
Kearn

Postby linkfanpc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:44 am

What's the "bit of silliness"?
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:45 am

Oh goody! Mole hunt!

I'm happy to hear about the border changes, it was becoming a problem I hear.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby FictionRyu » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:45 am

"Added a "Here be dragons" error message when hitting the map borders."

That's hilarious. About time something was added to be notified of the border lol.

Also: moles?! Cool!
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby Redlaw » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:45 am

Looks good, time to go smash some moles and see what they digging furry pinateas can give.... and wondering what a few things are (bits of silliness).

But ya the kingdom change seems good to me right now.
Redlaw

Next

Return to Announcements