Samarqand Community Market

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Samarqand Community Market

Postby LadyGoo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:33 am

Greetings, dear hearthlings! Some of you might remember the Venetian Emporium and the Sevillian Community Market from W8 and W9 respectively, which was ran quite successfully by us. We have decided to re-built it in this world too. This topic is dedicated to the opening of the newly built Samarqand Community Market.

We are also selling some number of sub-tokens now to support the community! PM me if interested to purchase some for the Crowns.

Previous world threads: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=47958 & viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45998

The format of the thread:
- the political announcements (theft, trader attacks, embargo and etc.);
- the trade-only announcements and questions.

In regards the currency:
The market uses the unique currency called Crowns. 1 steel crown = 10 iron crowns = 100 copper crowns (1 iron crown = 10 copper). You can buy it from the barterstands or from the traders that use the trading hub. The currency is also used as the inner Dis city and alliance currency as well. Therefore, it is not being mass printed and the amount printed is strictly controlled by the Dis bank. Basically, new crowns won't be printed until there won't be higher demand for them = more goods being sold / more traders joining the system. The goods sold to the barterstands by outside traders are then being re-sold by the same price to avoid de-valuation.

What is it? Concisely, it is a double level marketplace, where anyone could: build their barter stands; trade needed commodities for development; attend various events, or spend good time and money at the local Sand Cat Inn branch (open underground).

How to get there?
You have to travel to Samarqand and touch the stone to be able to teleport on it later from other charterstones or sublime porticos (cheap alternative to charterstones, instant travel for a few bars of metal).
Inner charter stone name: Samarqand (new character spawn restricted)
Outer charter stone name: none

Location: http://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=-2.02&y=58.5&zoom=9
Trading skype conference: https://join.skype.com/NJfA1HzKYHZ3 (you do not need an account, just launch the browser version)
My skype: alaygoo2
I am going to pass my duties to the new market owner fairly soon, once the first batch of traders will join.

When could I come? Ideally, the market will be open 24/7. People should be able to enter through the always open gates at any time. However, it is not recommended to visit the place with maincharacters, since an open trading center will attract attentions of raiders.
We recommend using alt characters to trade and charter stones/sublime porticos only. We are not responsible for any deaths happening outside of the market, since this world we cannot make sure that it's a trader character walking around outside.

Past event video: https://youtu.be/eXJMuqo5jug
https://embed.gyazo.com/ef697619c89a649 ... 8e404b.gif

Last world pic (will make the new one once the place will be filled):

Barter stand building regulations: a player or a village can now receive the ownership of any number of barterstands (you have to provide the materials). However, if you would like to have a palisade storage with a house, you’ll have to deliver 10 logs of wood to the underground level of the market.
Each trader will be assessed whether they are able to maintain their barter stands.

So, what do I need to place my barterstands?
It is completely free. No taxes or rent payment. But:
- Message me on Skype and tell me about who you are, how many barterstands would you like, whether you would like a storage with or without a house, discuss the date of the meeting
- Bring the required logs of wood and prepare the materials for the claim beforehand. Make sure that your character has yeomanry, can place personal claims, can be oathed to another village for a short period of time as well. If you will fail to prepare for the appointed time, you will have the opportunity to claim a barterstand only after 7 days. Do not expect us to wait for you while you will gather required materials, travel and etc.
- After you have claimed the storage slot, I will let your to claim the barterstands. You will be able to trade (have full rights on your claim) after 8 hours, once your bond will get some lp. Make sure you have the bond in your inventory and you have curios ticked after 8 hours (not earlier).
- You can find the information about how to use barterstands following this link: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=45508

General Regulations:
1. Each person willing to have barterstands has to be ready for credibility and history assessment. We do not allow people from enemy factions to have a barterstand. You have to understand if something about you will be revealed in the future, you will be banned from the market and all your belongings will go to the market owners and shareholders. You will have to care for your reputation and constraint yourself from forum trolling, false information spreading, trader raiding and killing peaceful people if you would like to keep using the market.

2. Traders have to fill their barter stands with items within 1 week. Failing to meet this requirement within 1 week will result in revoking your storage claim and assigning the slot for another trader.

3. The storage facilities might be used as a temporary refugee camp. However, any attempts to use the place as a hearthvault for a character committed criminals acts will be prosecuted: we will give the access to the storage space to the people, who will provide legit evidence and scents.

4. If your barters will remain empty for a long period of time, we will assign the storage to another trader. Your goods will be kept in a safe place for a month for you to claim. If you will fail to do that without a warning, the cargo will become the property of the market.

Note:
Atm. you can assign to buy only the ingredient items, involved into crafting (ex. glue, leather, metal and etc.). The end products and sub. tokens cannot be assigned as a buying item atm. (but you could sell them). Please, also note that your character has to discover the items you would like to assign as a payment for your trading goods.

Storage: In the underground level, protected by a palisade, you will be allocated a palisaded plot where you could build a storage house and a personal claim (enough to cover the entrance to the storage building). The plot sizes vary from 10x8 to 14x10, depends on the building type (tower, mansion, stonestead, free from housing slot). For the safety reasons, the plot doors will be kept open and traders will not have the keys. The protection of the personal goods will be provided via the visitor buff: a character who passed the doors will not be able to use criminal acts at all, until it will leave the claimed area.
The additional storage space might be used for additional barter stands.
People with exceptional trading reputation will receive all the support and bigger plots from the market owners.

W8 screenshot:

Security:
both market levels are protected by the village claim and walls. Once a character enters the market zone, it will have the “guest” buff. Consequently, the person will not be able to use the criminal acts (trespassing, attack, steal, vanadlize and etc.). Some market zones will have trespassing (minehole entrances) and theft (central square) permissions, so the traders could exchange goods directly in safety, without barter stand as a media.

PROTECTION FROM THE ANIMALS
horses and some other animals still might be used for griefing and bugabusing. Therefore, each of 4 entrances to the market have runestones installed, so that animals could not pass through. The spacing between the stones is enough to get through a character. However, you have to centralize your character in order to enter inside.
Last edited by LadyGoo on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Re: Samarqand Community Market

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:04 am

[img]We%20are%20not%20responsible%20for%20any%20deaths%20happening%20outside%20of%20the%20market,%20since%20this%20world%20we%20cannot%20make%20sure%20that%20it's%20a%20trader%20character%20walking%20around%20outside.[/img]

What's changed in this world?

EDIT: Derp, meant to ask about this
We are not responsible for any deaths happening outside of the market, since this world we cannot make sure that it's a trader character walking around outside.
Last edited by vatas on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:41 am

+1 love trading with my GIRLFRIEND
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am

This thread is under heavy moderation. Negative reviews are allowed one post, with no discussion to follow. If you wish to discuss the broader politics of the Samarqand market you may do so in the corresponding Moot thread.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Potjeh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Proprietors print currency en masse without anything to back it, leading to rapid devaluation. Would not recommend.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby jordancoles » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:56 pm

It is not required for traders to trade using Dis's currency.
If you own a barterstand you can always sell your items for other items if you would like to
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Juukin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Potjeh wrote:Proprietors print currency en masse without anything to back it, leading to rapid devaluation. Would not recommend.

Would just want to quote this as a very valid point. Please don't ban me.

Do not let inflation happen again!
popfor wrote:jessy bby u r so bootiful u r a little princess from hevin and all thiese grodi men just want to use ur running skills in reel camberts. bby. its ok. I love you.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:why would juukin lie

Ozzy123 wrote: We are better at this game than you, we won, end of story.
Juukin

Postby Uriel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Samarqand charstone password isn't active, when will it change?
Uriel

Postby LadyGoo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 am

UPD. There are 14 traders that have set their barters stands at the market. More are joining the marketplace/setting their barters and storages. Visit for buying tools, essentials, equipment, curios, food, seeds and etc. or just uding the place as the trading hub for face to face trades.

Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby jordancoles » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:08 am

+1 I trade here all the time
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Next

Return to Apples For Oranges