Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Postby TFK » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:15 am

So now you can only die by going recklessly into combat? As in, not letting your wounds heals?
TFK

Postby Thedrah » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 am

quick barrage seems op, super fast and generates ip. damage doesnt matter imo as it sets other stuff up with the amount of ip i get while generating cornered opening, low blow is incredibly slow but is ok when used with combat meditation, again no damage from using dizzy but generating off balance

i'm excited about miner's song and testing out dying to a bear later on :)

and please add wardrobes haha
and we need a flower reef hat in the store with white flowers. or maybe a crown of thorns
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 am

loftar wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:It's a laptop, how good can the cooling really be?

Unless it's a netbook or tablet, it shouldn't have to throttle.

NOOBY93 wrote:But anyway the tech savvy dude listed what is causing the lag:

[...]

None of that explains the discrepancy in difference between what you're seeing and what I'm seeing, however.

I'm using nvidia geforce gtx 770m graphics card, but that is not relevant because your case is the anomaly. So many people from the 35 player fight complained about it being a slideshow.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby loftar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 am

NOOBY93 wrote:because your case is the anomaly. So many people from the 35 player fight complained about it being a slideshow.

I know, but that's why I need to find out what the difference is. After what I've tested, custom client issues is one of the few things that remain that I can even imagine.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby nezhit » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 am

If remote debugging is an option I'm sure someone would volunteer for tests if you call for it, Loftar)
nezhit

Postby Jacobian123 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 am

In my case, I have a Windows 7 desktop with Nvidia 970 GTX. If you get lots of people on my screen at once in default client it will slow down to approximately 10 FPS normally, and it gets lower if you throw in a village atmosphere (hearthfires, light sources, animals, crops, etc.) That's with graphics settings on full, with graphics on the lowest it does tend to speed up, but there's a pause in the game about every second which makes moving around even more of a pain than if you just have consistently low FPS.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 am

I sincerely hope this makes pvp more accesible for everyone. Only thought: Nothing mentioned here helps gear turnover. I'm interested to see if this leads to a glut of gear produced by the more frequent losers, being resold via markets potentially. I might be worrying about nothing, be interesting to see. Also good luck with the optimizing.

Side note: Is water now the most lethal thing in the game?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:12 am

loftar wrote:Not discussing optimization in general here, but specifically many players in combat on the screen.

unrelated to fps issues but the combat shit being right in the middle of the screen is a pretty big hindrance in general but more so during large battles. When all those players are grouped up together they tend to get lost behind the icons occasionally and it gets annoying.
Kaios

Postby maze » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 am

NOOBY93 wrote:2. Drinking while running, so you don't die so easily while outnumbered

No. The System is already being change for water, im sure loftar can explan again to what he thinks is good.
But most water wins combat was shit in it's own.

NOOBY93 wrote:3. Make combat a bit more one-shotty or put in a surprise factor in any case, so as to make skill more of a factor, mistakes more of a factor and stats less of a factor. Right now it's very, very easy to predict what your opponent wants to do and is going to do. In old combat there were plenty of yolo surprise moves that damage you and give you attack bar, remove your defense and give you attack bar, etc. and those used wrong could get you killed, but used right could win you the fight. Combat system currently lacks these.

These things combined with the lack of permadeath would make a really good game.

What? old combat. do you mean world 8 combat?
if you say legacy combat. no. let's never go back to that. all the pvp gods can agree that was the most broken and 1 sided system we had.
More numbers and whoever engage first won.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby viznew » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:20 am

love this. i hope will help with player count, few of the bigger off puts i get when trying to recruit for the game is perma death and the world resets (even thou its not that often it does turn some people away prob not as much as perma death (side note i may stop telling people about the rare world reset))

def gonna get my combat alt in trouble later see what happens lol
ImageImage
viznew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements