Toxic players

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Toxic players

Postby Virs » Sat May 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Gigglepuddy wrote:
Granger wrote:
Sevenless wrote:As for "failing" we're maintaining a higher population than the previous 2 worlds for being 3+ months in. It's not failing, but it's also not growing quickly.

I would like to question the metric used (concurrent online players) a bit: many players will likely scale down their daily playtime after nolifing through the base building phase as there is less pressure to get things done quickly now that they are somewhat secure within their camp...

i hardly even logon now since all there is to do is improve the stuff i already have. i COULD go out and try being combative, but the recent update killed ANY chance of having fun doing that, and how much it takes to build any siege engine along with the time needed to use it, makes raiding completely unappealing unless doing so in a group. as a solo player, the game has pretty much become worthless to me in a few months. im honestly shocked at the lack of content that isnt just better version of previous things for the age of this game, on top of how heavily time gated every single thing is for absolutely no reason. it seems like its a game designed where unless you trull through the code and figure out how everything works and how to exploit it, youll never REALLY get ahead since the game makes absolutely no effort whatsoever to tell you anything.

Hurr me pro, me kill all durr.
Virs

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sat May 13, 2017 3:19 am

i am the lorax and i speak for the noobs
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 13, 2017 4:00 am

Granger wrote:
Sevenless wrote:As for "failing" we're maintaining a higher population than the previous 2 worlds for being 3+ months in. It's not failing, but it's also not growing quickly.

I would like to question the metric used (concurrent online players) a bit: many players will likely scale down their daily playtime after nolifing through the base building phase as there is less pressure to get things done quickly now that they are somewhat secure within their camp...

You could go off active subscriptions instead, or unique account logins, but those numbers aren't public. I'd agree the number isn't 100% accurate, but I have a feeling it's still fairly accurate considering haven for the most part encourages no lifing. Most no lifers I know don't go casual, they just move onto another game.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby morrogoth » Sun May 14, 2017 1:38 am

Here are 3 things that makes me agitated about this thread:

1. I am Dirty Hobo. I have met many people in my travels and gameplay. 0 times have I been raided or killed pvp. I had alot of help getting my place up and going. But what kind of waterbrained idiot doesnt work towards yeomanry first? I mean literally everyone in this thread is shouting for you to move. Do so or keep getting raided. It is obvious they do not want you there.

2. Aceb is one of my hero's. But I do not see this game dying. it is sloughing off the players who need their hand held to go to the potty. This isnt minecraft, terraria, etc. there does not need to be massive game changing updates everyday. This is the dream of Jorb and Loftar. Let the play it out as they see fit. Don't like the beavers and 2 second speed boosts? dont fucking play. Go play LoL or WoW, or some game that needs to shove shit down your throat like pigs at a slop trough to keep you entertained. Players that demand newer and better are the same that whine about the learning curve or difficulty.

3. Stop your bitching and start a revolution.
morrogoth

Postby Granger » Sun May 14, 2017 7:40 am

morrogoth wrote:3. Stop your bitching and start a revolution.

Now that PvP != sure death for lower players... we actually might see pesants uprising in masses to overthrow their oppressors.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Sevenless » Sun May 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Granger wrote:
morrogoth wrote:3. Stop your bitching and start a revolution.

Now that PvP != sure death for lower players... we actually might see pesants uprising in masses to overthrow their oppressors.

The assumption that lower players have any chance of challenging the big boys is unfortunately unfounded. "High level" players are the hardcores in this game. They have organization, they have hardcore playing times. Hardcore hermits or small villages exist, but they lack the organization to truly band together effectively. Softcore players need not apply, due to siege mechanics being hardcore in nature. Permadeath still exists in base raids, losing your village is a potentially harsh blow. Kilns/smelters/ovens all can't be saved. Animals/anvils can be saved with proper precautions, but the requirements are somewhat convoluted. The problem lies in the fact that big boys will have an edge in sieging vs peasant rabble.

What I do see happening is more along the lines of "levies" in kingdoms. Either through alts or mains, I think this introduction has made it cheaper to become involved in combat as a support character. Hardcores will still rule, but the lesser players have the potential to get involved.

There's one important note though, how exactly is combat vs a large faction not potentially permadeath when combat with them leaves nidbaneable scents. The fact that nidbanes are bugged currently making them unthreatening is a side point, I assume that'll be fixed at some point.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby kaysaari » Mon May 15, 2017 4:27 am

This game can be brutal and difficult, but it's still fun if you manage to find yourself a decent place.

My first char's stuff all got wrecked, but I re-rolled and now I'm in an area with friendly carebears who gave me free stuff.
kaysaari

Postby Grog » Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 am

How exactly are nids bugged atm?
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Granger » Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 am

Grog wrote:How exactly are nids bugged atm?

They don't use the stairs inside houses, this can be used to cheese them by using the stair with the character that is their target and force them to travel inside the pocket dimension (that hosts the house) which gives time to close any openings created by them.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Aceb » Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 pm

morrogoth wrote:1. I am Dirty Hobo. I have met many people in my travels and gameplay. 0 times have I been raided or killed pvp. [...]

2. Aceb is one of my hero's. But I do not see this game dying. it is sloughing off the players who need their hand held to go to the potty. This isnt minecraft, terraria, etc. there does not need to be massive game changing updates everyday. This is the dream of Jorb and Loftar. Let the play it out as they see fit. Don't like the beavers and 2 second speed boosts? dont fucking play. Go play LoL or WoW, or some game that needs to shove shit down your throat like pigs at a slop trough to keep you entertained. Players that demand newer and better are the same that whine about the learning curve or difficulty.

1. It's been opposite for me, until W9. I'm a bit jealous about that but, my spirit was never broken!
alright, maybe I had a few months of break

2. Glad to be everyday hero. =)
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Previous

Return to The Moot