Info about dis and hedgehugs ?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Info about dis and hedgehugs ?

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:59 am

dageir wrote:
Sevenless wrote:The forums are so quiet because everyone's using ingame kingdom chats and discord these days.

Yes, the advent of the new concept of out of game instant messaging is the reason the forums are silent. Also the forums are
well known to be used for in group communication.

A fight has happened yesterday. Have you heard of it? Probably not, because we posted the youtube link in our kingdom chat, not the forum.

The prevalence of using Discord to communicate with people in your kingdom is what makes the forum so quiet.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby YesHello » Sun May 21, 2017 2:26 pm

XD it's not like people used skype or whatever back in the days when forums weren't dead right

GOD nooby just shut the fuck up!
im 12 please be gentle :)
favorite games halo and CoD (if you want to play with me send me a pm! )
W8 - hermit
W9 -hermit
YesHello

Postby Sevenless » Sun May 21, 2017 2:47 pm

YesHello wrote:XD it's not like people used skype or whatever back in the days when forums weren't dead right

Skype offered no admin controls that I was aware of. There were mass calls, but anyone's ability to initiate a call lead the majority of players who didn't just have skype on constant mute to leave. Then get dragged back into the call and leave. Repeat 3 times. Drove me nuts. Discord offers much better admin so the "risk" of inviting randoms to a well set up channel is truly zero.

Back in the day yes, villages and whatever would have skype calls. But alliances? Not one that was used like discord is these days. My kingdom has a 60 person discord, hedgehugs has 90 online (doesn't show offline even). Those numbers would be mind bogglingly big for skype back in the day.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby maze » Sun May 21, 2017 3:24 pm

i check the number of players everyday.
the forums everyday.
and w/e I can everyday for HnH (discord)

The game needs stuff/updates.

this worlds not dead yet.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Sevenless wrote:
YesHello wrote:XD it's not like people used skype or whatever back in the days when forums weren't dead right

Skype offered no admin controls that I was aware of. There were mass calls, but anyone's ability to initiate a call lead the majority of players who didn't just have skype on constant mute to leave. Then get dragged back into the call and leave. Repeat 3 times. Drove me nuts. Discord offers much better admin so the "risk" of inviting randoms to a well set up channel is truly zero.

Back in the day yes, villages and whatever would have skype calls. But alliances? Not one that was used like discord is these days. My kingdom has a 60 person discord, hedgehugs has 90 online (doesn't show offline even). Those numbers would be mind bogglingly big for skype back in the day.

This. Skype is just a shitty chatroom service with an extremely buggy calling feature. Discord made posting things on the forum kinda pointless when you can just inform hundreds of people with a message in Discord.

It's better to be educated than opinionated.
NOOBY93

Postby dageir » Sun May 21, 2017 9:15 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
Yes, the advent of the new concept of out of game instant messaging is the reason the forums are silent. Also the forums are
well known to be used for in group communication.

A fight has happened yesterday. Have you heard of it? Probably not, because we posted the youtube link in our kingdom chat, not the forum.

The prevalence of using Discord to communicate with people in your kingdom is what makes the forum so quiet.[/quote]

I have not heard of said fight. It might not have been that epic since you decided just to inform yourselves about it.
dageir

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:21 pm

dageir wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:A fight has happened yesterday. Have you heard of it? Probably not, because we posted the youtube link in our kingdom chat, not the forum.

The prevalence of using Discord to communicate with people in your kingdom is what makes the forum so quiet.

I have not heard of said fight. It might not have been that epic since you decided just to inform yourselves about it.

well, it was a 10v10 approximately and 3 people got downed, 3 knarrs and like 10 boats inside them for escape were involved. It was as epic as any other big fight, but it's not on the forum at all.
NOOBY93

Postby dageir » Sun May 21, 2017 9:35 pm

And the reasoning behind keeping it inside the kingdom was?
dageir

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Idk nobody bothered to write a forum post about it i guess, the kingdom is pretty fucking huge anyway so a lot of people know about it
NOOBY93

Postby Granger » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 am

NOOBY93 wrote:...nobody bothered to write a forum post about it ...

Sounds like it wasn't that important when noone bothers to even make a post in The Moot about it.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot