Re: Do you play h&h right now? and Do you want world reset?

Postby Sevenless » Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 am

Granger wrote:
fallout wrote:You idiots need to spend your time coming up with suggestions for things that would actually merit a new world. It doesn't matter if 10k players signed to start a new world, it's entirely up to the two developers that have stated hundreds of times these threads are pointless and should spead the time posting critiques that help the game development.

This.

Honestly, it doesn't feel productive to suggest big mechanics. It seems like Jorb and Loftar are hesitant to wholesale lift mechanics from players. They might take your suggestion as an inspiration, but that seems to be the limit if you're talking bigger systems.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Wed May 24, 2017 12:04 am

Sevenless wrote:Honestly, it doesn't feel productive to suggest big mechanics.

Not at all. People ask for endgame, and I would love to hear examples of what that could be, or of games that have it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby Sevenless » Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 am

I'm glad you feel that way, I realize that as a player my perspective is somewhat warped. Just because it feels that way doesn't mean it's true, as far as I'm aware realms were something you guys pulled from the playerbase suggestions. Also I'm sure it has to do with "There's a lot of players making big suggestions, but only 2 devs to implement them".

I made a post about endgame a while back right before the permadeath modification. I don't think I could add more to the topic than that, it talked a lot about the sandbox games I know of that have longterm content. I'll see if I can find it.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Wed May 24, 2017 12:11 am

Sevenless wrote:realms were something you guys pulled from the playerbase suggestions.

Not that it matters, but, no, realms have been in the original mission statement since forever.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 am

Huh, I didn't know that.

Found the post:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=56950&p=733234&hilit=albion#p733234

It's what inspired my mortal reminder suggestion.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Redlaw » Wed May 24, 2017 12:19 am

I did a quick search so far the biggest this was game token for another game as why people grind in a game.... which is on no real help whats so ever so ill do more then that with my own thoughts.

End game crafts on here should enb things that could be made once in a while something that needs a bit of planning but adds fun to the game... lets say a stasie/portal to other parts of the world. Lets say you spend your time building some spirit portal to old England, the Americas, and so on so you can find new crops, new animals to to hunt, knew this to do. This is an option I have been thinking about for an end game, does it mean you affecting the main worl of the game no... but some mini world you could explore based off where, well its based off of. This means new clothing, new crops, ect... just from each area makeing the advanced players leaving the main world off and on to explore new options.

The under dark... this would mean 6 new layers to the underground, this is even a possible new starting point for the brave,, to start in a place that would be a pain. The under dark would be a fanticy type of place, giant spiders, ect.... the map could look close to the surface world, but many rock patches end up as pillars holding the world above up ect... This would as said 5 more layers people could mine into as well. Giving later game content for big faction past exploring a lower world.

These are just off the top of my head and possably could be added with out having a new world reset while they are made as they are just extras that could be added on.
Redlaw

Postby Sevenless » Wed May 24, 2017 12:22 am

Maybe make another call to arms in C&I? That seemed to work well for feedback on the food system.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby viznew » Wed May 24, 2017 12:36 am

jorb wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Honestly, it doesn't feel productive to suggest big mechanics.

Not at all. People ask for endgame, and I would love to hear examples of what that could be, or of games that have it.

end game idea doom of haven
my idea is based on game of throne's Doom of Valyria
valyria was surrounded by active volcanos and was only kept in check with magic
so my idea adds a lava spout (a res node only on mountains or something) basiclly provides a new type of stone and can act as a trash dump mabye?
well the more active the world (lp gained by players/exp/mabye even just playing time(latly i barly deal with stats and lp i just be building) the lava is less active mabye even providing less of the stone so when start getting more and more stone from it the lava eurpts and flows a bit (not super far) but at some point a beast emerges from a lava spout mabye even multi beast apper from multi spouts (dragons or what ever) and start recking shit if players can manages to keep them in check the lava flows less and world is safe but if cant kill them fast enough numbers will grow and thay will spread mabye after there is like 100 or so a boss beast emerges (super strong) he is on a slow timer if he is not killed with in time world resets but if killed world lives anouther day
ImageImage
viznew

Postby ven » Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 am

jorb wrote:Not at all. People ask for endgame, and I would love to hear examples of what that could be, or of games that have it.

I'm not sure comparisons with other games are useful because there are too many variables making them significantly different from one another, but I'd agree that 1) modding or level modding and 2) quests are features that make people stay longer. We can't have that, but giving us rewards/ingame tools to create our own quests, events and lore could work in that direction.

As for suggestions:

Endgame skills
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=50986&p=674585

Endgame activities
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=49571

Megastructures that take a kingdom weeks to build
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=56780&p=731061

Seasons
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=53114&p=704207

Dynamic politics
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=52762&p=699618

Dynamic time
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=50162&p=665164

Ocean content
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=52726&p=699035

Player-made unique items
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=52498&p=694945

Kingdom objectives/quests for continuous competition
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51612

Interesting geography
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51972&p=687466

Forensics/archaeology to make the world less dull
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48265&p=630365

Tools to let player actions leave a more lasting effect in the world and create permanent lore for everyone
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51049&p=675513

Venator
ven

Postby ctopolon3 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:21 am

few ideas:
weekly events (holidays) {weekly spawn curio/ rare animal / ore}
monthly changed dungeon \ location \ valhalla
quests (make ppl go outside)
less chance to be killed by 1st stranger
mb some kind of spirit form to go outside (also fixes alt scouting)
each attribute profit in late game (not only str agi con)
PvP zones with reward for killing \ reward for owning zone (tax fortress/ water purifier)
more content (numen uses, magic, archeology )
more random
ctopolon3

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.