Game Development: Opium Nomad

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Opium Nomad

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added Opium. Poppies now have a new growth stage, beyond the last flower stage, which has no graphical distinction (i.e. you won't know when you've hit it until you harvest), and which is fairly random in terms of when it is actually reached. If you harvest a poppy plant in this secret stage, you receive a poppy pod instead of a poppy flower. Poppy pods can be eaten as are, but can also be dried on a herbalist table to dried poppy pods. Dried poppy pods can be ground to poppy grist, which can be boiled in a cauldron and thus reduced to opium. Opium can be smoked to good effect:
    • Whenever you smoke opium, you receive a buff "Chasing the Dragon". For each puff of the pipe, the buff accumulates a certain amount of wound points. You can see on the buff how many points of damage it has accumulated.
    • As the buff ticks down, there is a chance to convert wound points accumulated in the buff into healing of certain wound types, namely: Infected sore, Wretched Gore, Concussion, Blunt Trauma, and Punch Sore.
    • When the buff is empty -- i.e. has ticked down entirely -- the remaining accumulated wound points -- i.e. those not used for healing -- are gradually applied as a new wound "Dragon Bite", which itself heals over time.
    • The buff can only hold a certain amount of wound points, and as you begin approaching that amount, some damage is applied directly as a "Dragon Bite".
    • Also made it so that the poppy seed payout is lower than base if poppies are harvested as flowers, and higher than base if they are harvested as pods.
    • There is another little mechanic involved, but you'll get to discover that one for yourselves.
    • Note that previously existing poppy fields will not reach the new growth stage, and that you'll have to replant them.
    • Please be advised that smoking opium can kill your character. Proceed carefully to find a suitable dosage!
  • Added stockpiles for everything... or at least for metal nuggets.
  • Added "Adder Crown", crown.
  • Added "Gilded Nautilus", curiosity, cup, symbel item.
  • Added "Fat-Braised Veg", food.
  • Added "Cornbraid", gilding.

Credo
-----------------------
  • Nomad: You have grown weary of familiar surroundings, or perhaps your feet never stopped to rest? Either way you find yourself now a wanderer in tought and the vastness of open space, ever seeking out new and farther places, and always striving toward the next horizon. Seven times you have walked the Hearth over wide, and three over tall, and many are the strange and wondrous sights you have seen in it, yet there remains always an immensity of the unseen, beckoning you onward to take that next step. The Nomad calls no place home, yet is also always at home in his solitudes of nature and travel, accompanied perhaps only by wild horses and beasts of burden. It is said that when the Old Gods were young, they too walked distances beyond reckoning. Embarking on the Nomad's Journey promises...
    • Exploration +15
    • Survival +25
    • One extra column of inventory space.
    • Pony Power of Horses lasts longer.
    • One extra row of inventory space.
  • Nomad depends on Fisherman, Forager, and Hunter.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Towercaps now work as minesupports. They develop a support radius gradually as they grow up, and have, when fully grown, the equivalent radius of a (wooden) Mine Support. As with normal Mine Supports, they can be safely removed if they have never prevented a cave in.
  • Nerfed Wineglass a bit as Symbel item.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a small bug by which Credo quests to level up failed to update properly.
  • Fixed a bug by which Mystic Credo quests would still send you to underground quest givers.
  • You can hang torches on walls, but that unfortunately will extinguish them. Hoping to fix that at some point.
  • You can now put water flasks on your toolbelt. Suggested here.

In the Pipe
-----------------------

UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS... if you want the Opium effect to work properly.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Opium Nomad

Postby CinderHeart » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm

“Art for art's sake is an empty phrase. Art for the sake of truth, art for the sake of the good and the beautiful, that is the faith I am searching for.”

― George Sand
CinderHeart wrote:"Pedo mellon a minno" – "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter."

──────▄▀▄─────▄▀▄
─────▄█░░▀▀▀▀▀░░█▄
─▄▄──█░░░░░░░░░░░█──▄▄
█▄▄█─█░░▀░░┬░░▀░░█─█▄▄█
CinderHeart

Postby FatnessV6 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Image It's a fukken spruce cap

O_O I need that nomad credo
Last edited by FatnessV6 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatnessV6

Postby loleznub » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm

nicehu
loleznub

Postby lol123456 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
fucking thought you introduced these creatures and this is a reference to the southern park, I approve
Last edited by lol123456 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lol123456

Postby Jabnem » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Its a fucken sprucecap
Jabnem

Postby DaniAngione » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Nice...

Draaaagons, man.

There is another little mechanic involved, but you'll get to discover that one for yourselves.

WE'LL DEFINITELY SEE DRAGONS, I'M SURE
Last edited by DaniAngione on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Increased inventory space. Guess I'm fishing tonight.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby blank » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Opium o.o well boys time to get faaacked up and do science :geek: :twisted:
blank

Postby Redlaw » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Looking good
Redlaw

Next

Return to Announcements