Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Which animals will aggro?

Postby RedSkies » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Aglaeca wrote:Which animals will aggro even if not attacked? I know bats, boars, bears, vipers, badgers... Is there a complete list?

Everything you listed plus: walrus, slimes (only underground) and I believe it's possible for mammoths to, but I haven't experienced it myself.

There is also the case of ants aggroing you when you raid their ant hill. You didn't attack them but you did cause it.

It should also be noted that using ranged attacks can sometimes draw aggro from animals near the projectile's path, even if you don't hit them directly.

Also, do players count? Some are like animals and they can definitely aggro unprovoked :?
jorb wrote:I hereby forbid you from using it.
RedSkies

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:58 pm

RedSkies wrote:Also, do players count? Some are like animals and they can definitely aggro unprovoked :?

haha!

What are the approximate chances of finding crab roe? Have a quest to eat it & my hhp is suffering :p
_Gunnar

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Keko » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:25 pm

I have a question about grapes and hops. So I put these crops on trellises and after I harvest them, the crop remains, therefore, there is no need to replace it. My question is how exactly does their quality improve? Does it improve over time, or do I need to replant it with better ones and how to get them? I'm assuming that if I have q20 grape crop planted, I will harvest q20 grapes, so how exactly do I get better ones?
Keko

Postby ricky » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Keko wrote:I have a question about grapes and hops. So I put these crops on trellises and after I harvest them, the crop remains, therefore, there is no need to replace it. My question is how exactly does their quality improve? Does it improve over time, or do I need to replant it with better ones and how to get them? I'm assuming that if I have q20 grape crop planted, I will harvest q20 grapes, so how exactly do I get better ones?

Your assumption that you have to rip out the old crop and replant is correct. everyone agrees it's currently a pretty shit situation. currently, grapes, hopes, and (im pretty sure) peppercorn all have permanent 'vines' so you have to replant to increase quality.

it's really annoying and i generally didnt even bother with those crops due to the high growth time associated with it.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby RedSkies » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 pm

_Gunnar wrote: What are the approximate chances of finding crab roe? Have a quest to eat it & my hhp is suffering :p

Pretty low I think. I would honestly just abandon that one. The wounds from the crab picking are not worth the reward in my opinion, especially as there is no way to treat them, and they can easily become infected sores (which can be a deadly wound for newer players without the means to treat it).
jorb wrote:I hereby forbid you from using it.
RedSkies

Postby rararamen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:25 pm

How do I unlock shears?
rararamen

Postby Keko » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 pm

ricky wrote:
Keko wrote:I have a question about grapes and hops. So I put these crops on trellises and after I harvest them, the crop remains, therefore, there is no need to replace it. My question is how exactly does their quality improve? Does it improve over time, or do I need to replant it with better ones and how to get them? I'm assuming that if I have q20 grape crop planted, I will harvest q20 grapes, so how exactly do I get better ones?

Your assumption that you have to rip out the old crop and replant is correct. everyone agrees it's currently a pretty shit situation. currently, grapes, hopes, and (im pretty sure) peppercorn all have permanent 'vines' so you have to replant to increase quality.

it's really annoying and i generally didnt even bother with those crops due to the high growth time associated with it.

But if replanting is what I should do, how exactly is the quality of those crops raised then? Is there a chance to get higher q grapes than the quality of the vine itself is?

rararamen wrote:How do I unlock shears?

I don't think shears exist in this game, you shear sheeps using the axe.
Keko

Postby ricky » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:47 pm

Keko wrote:But if replanting is what I should do, how exactly is the quality of those crops raised then? Is there a chance to get higher q grapes than the quality of the vine itself is?

Yeah, just like regular crops there's a chance for your plant to raise or lower in quality. Best method is to keep your highest quality vine until your next generation of vines grow, and then repeat the process.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.

ricky

Postby Keko » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 pm

ricky wrote:
Keko wrote:But if replanting is what I should do, how exactly is the quality of those crops raised then? Is there a chance to get higher q grapes than the quality of the vine itself is?

Yeah, just like regular crops there's a chance for your plant to raise or lower in quality. Best method is to keep your highest quality vine until your next generation of vines grow, and then repeat the process.

Man, I'm really sorry, but I still don't quite understand it. I'll use an example comparing the normal crop and grape.

Let's say I'm planting wheat Q20. Here, there is no confusion, after planting Q20 wheat seeds, there is a chance, determined by my farming skill and RNG that the quality of that wheat will increase, thus giving me for example, Q22 wheat seeds at harvest, which I will then replant and so on and so on.

Now let's move onto grapes, which confuse me. Again I have Q20 grape seeds. I plant these on a trellis, which gives me vine which is slowly growing. Now what I am confused about, do those vines go through the same rng+farming skill process my wheat seeds went through, therefore possibly increasing their quality? Furthermore, what happens after I harvest those grapes? Vine is depleted, but not gone and it will regrow again, this time faster, if I'm right. But does it once again go through this farming+rng process. If it is so, what exactly is the point of digging them out and replanting them, unless I find really great Q seeds in some abandoned base. Thanks in advance for answers and patience.
Keko

Postby ricky » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 pm

your grapes are identical to wheat. You will plant your Q20 grape seeds, and RNG+ farming will either raise or lower your grape crop quality. lets say your grape crop is now Q22 once its fully grown. that is the permanent Q that grape vine will have and it will continue to produce Q22 grapes. You will have to take your Q22 grapes and plant a new crop on a fresh trellis.

Grape, Hops, Peppercorn crop will not increase in Q until replanted.

ricky

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?