Gypsy wagon

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Gypsy wagon

Postby maze » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:10 am

A gypsy wagon ideally for hermit on the move.

Similar to a normal wagon, but with the added bonus of locking and being able to lock a horse/cow into it (so it can't be stolen).

For the Gypsy wagon to work, as a hermit house sorta idea.
--The wagon would have to be protect ageist easy greifing.
--The wagon can only be damage 25% every 5 hours. (taking 20 hours to destroy fully).
--the horse/cow should not be kill able.
--if no horse/cow is attached, the wagon can be destroyed by bare hand.

The wagon should be "shoo"-able. Shoo would have a CD of 25min's - 1 hour so you can't grief the fk out of persons cart.
--This is to prevent grief blocking
--the wagon will run away from claims and town claims. (to prevent dumb capture exploiting with shoo)

The inventory & using/moving/driving of the wagon is locked
--slave key would open the inventory.
--also slave key needed to drive. And could also add it possibly being needed as a passenger.

The only issuse would be~ being blocked in somehow (likely steelboxs)
-idk what would be a good idea to solve stuff like that.

---------------------------
Another tier (maybe)
Gypsy wagon cabin

I would like it to also act like a cabin that you could go into but that would require a number of anti-exploit mechanics.
-same key for the locking of cart for inventory and cabin.
-only 1 hfire inside (or none with hfire idea)
-can not enter the cabin while red handed.
-can not inherit back into the cabin or the wagon for 2-5 hours after death.

--------------------------
Gypsy wagon = home
the gypsy wagon would replace the hfire of a player who makes it.
Last edited by maze on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Gypsy wagon

Postby Granger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:29 am

I think a 24h timeframe for destruction would be better, not everyone is able to play 4 hours daily.

It could have a 'camp' option that would anchor it in place and project a small claim (like 8x8, with the usual rules like 5 tiles to the next claim) with the difference of trespassing always being enabled for everyone (so it can't be used for blocking) which should take care of the strongbox issue (unless someone feels like building 32 of them). So instead of being 'shoo'-able this protection simply couldn't be activated while being on a foreign claim.

Rest sound reasonable and could be good fun.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 am

Yeah I like it ... most worlds I have an explorer char that likes to traverse the map and this would be an ideal and fun way to do it, it would be great if you could also go into it. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby GamingRAM » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Could it also have a built in barter-stand? I like the idea of a traveling merchant setting up shop for a short time selling exotic goods.

World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Nomad lifestyle stuff would be cool. But the shoo feature is required otherwise it'd be used for blocking siege camps.
DDDsDD999

Postby Potjeh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:44 pm

GamingRAM wrote:Could it also have a built in barter-stand? I like the idea of a traveling merchant setting up shop for a short time selling exotic goods.

OMG yes! Also let us press snakes into oil so we can sell it from these :D
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Granger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Potjeh wrote:
GamingRAM wrote:Could it also have a built in barter-stand? I like the idea of a traveling merchant setting up shop for a short time selling exotic goods.

OMG yes! This!
Snake oil would really be fun.
Granger

Postby maze » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Granger wrote:I think a 24h timeframe for destruction would be better, not everyone is able to play 4 hours daily.

It could have a 'camp' option that would anchor it in place and project a small claim (like 8x8, with the usual rules like 5 tiles to the next claim) with the difference of trespassing always being enabled for everyone (so it can't be used for blocking) which should take care of the strongbox issue (unless someone feels like building 32 of them). So instead of being 'shoo'-able this protection simply couldn't be activated while being on a foreign claim.

Rest sound reasonable and could be good fun.

I basically didn't want the wagon to be destroyed instantly, but if someone left for 2 days, then gg wagon :P

I had thought about the claim but I came up with a lot of exploits that would just be rather annnoying, but after thinking more on it it could be possible.

The gypsy claim system would have to have different rules then normal claims
-- allow all normal perms to all (can not change)
-- the gypsy wagon has it's own perms use/destroy (can be changed)

This would be the only way I could see it not being exploited but I'm still ify.
How would in intereaction of other claims be to it.
if a town claimed over it.

Basiclly if a town claim did claim over the gypsy wagon, I would want the wagon to shoo away from it else someone could just fk with it.

Would love this.
I had ask for road systems and teleporting to be removed in another post to bring back the need of traveling merchants xD
But I don't think anyone likes that idea.

Potjeh wrote:

omg, lol.
"Did you hear about that one thing that heals all wounds? WELL I GOT IT!" :lol:
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Granger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:15 pm

maze wrote:I basically didn't want the wagon to be destroyed instantly, but if someone left for 2 days, then gg wagon :P
Sounds reasonable, in case one wants to go on a holiday he can build a little fort.

I had thought about the claim but I came up with a lot of exploits that would just be rather annnoying, but after thinking more on it it could be possible.

The gypsy claim system would have to have different rules then normal claims
-- allow all normal perms to all (can not change)
-- the gypsy wagon has it's own perms use/destroy (can be changed)

This would be the only way I could see it not being exploited but I'm still ify.

Wouldn't trespass always-on not be enough when it can't be camped on claimed land (and it would only project the claim when it's set to camp)?

How would in intereaction of other claims be to it.
if a town claimed over it.

Basiclly if a town claim did claim over the gypsy wagon, I would want the wagon to shoo away from it else someone could just fk with it.
In case it would be in 'camp' mode it could work the same as a personal claim (and in case you want it gone you can break it), in case it's in mobile mode then I suspect someone would pilot it.

Would love this.
Same here.

I had ask for road systems and teleporting to be removed in another post to bring back the need of traveling merchants xD
But I don't think anyone likes that idea.
Offtopic: I'm open to nerfing instant teleportation along roads to a highly sped up travel (speed 5 or 6), question is if that wouldn't put excessive load on the server. Roads should also work for wagons. Charter teleport should vanish, imho. So you're not alone ;)
Granger

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:51 pm

This suggestion would be awesome. Perhaps there could be space to "embed" certain built items like drying racks, barter stands, etc, on the outside of the wagon, somehow. There is a nomad credo, it would be great if being a nomad was slightly more viable!

The "shoo" mechanic and timer is a great idea.
_Gunnar

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas