Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Keko » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Got it now, thanks a lot! :D
Keko

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:02 am

@Crab roe question: odds are better than 1:100, less than 1:10. About as good as I can give you. Sorry. Crabs are too much of a pain to harvest frequently.

@Infected wound concern: yeah, life sucks. An infected wound is sometimes easier to treat than the wound that became infected. If you're new at the game--congrats, that wound you wouldn't have been able to heal short of tripping over some ancient roots that weren't harvest will now heal on its own. Just play carefully for a few days if you're HHP start dropping too low. If you're established--go slaughter a couple of your cows and make soap or the other treatment for it. It might be easier to do that than wait for other methods of healing. (Anyone else hate having to use a stitch patch and it's base 1 HHP/day heal rate? I do, so I just let that sucker get infected, and now it's healed in a few days!!)

TBH, started a new character after the credos came out, spawned into a snake infested forest, was down to under 50 HHP, had all kinds of infected wounds... actually made full recovery easier. IMO, the infected wounds aren't as grievous as they could/should be. I mean, it was the #1 cause of death among soldiers before antibiotics. The snakes though... why'd it have to be snakes?

@Wool question: I do believe "any sharp tool" works to shear with, not just the axe.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Which animals will aggro?

Postby Aglaeca » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:46 am

RedSkies wrote:
Aglaeca wrote:Which animals will aggro even if not attacked? I know bats, boars, bears, vipers, badgers... Is there a complete list?

Everything you listed plus: walrus, slimes (only underground) and I believe it's possible for mammoths to, but I haven't experienced it myself.

There is also the case of ants aggroing you when you raid their ant hill. You didn't attack them but you did cause it.

I just got attacked and KO'd by a damn beaver.....
Last edited by Aglaeca on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aglaeca

Postby ricky » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:50 am

Aglaeca wrote:
I just got attacked and KO's by a damn beaver.....

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Creatures

Here's a full list. Under the 'aggro condition' column of it says proximity, they'll attack you if you get too close
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Aglaeca » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:54 am

ricky wrote:
Aglaeca wrote:
I just got attacked and KO's by a damn beaver.....

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Creatures

Here's a full list. Under the 'aggro condition' column of it says proximity, they'll attack you if you get too close

Waugh! Lynxes too? Okay, what about stag beetles? The aggro animal list doesn't include stag beetles. I managed to pick up a stag beetle without getting pinced. Do they attack too? Should I have run screaming? ROFLMAO *cowers under a tree crying *
Aglaeca

Postby ricky » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:58 am

Stag beetles are listed at the bottom. If a creature lists 'none' in the aggro conditions they won't attack no matter what, like rabbits
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Aglaeca » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:53 am

ricky wrote:Stag beetles are listed at the bottom. If a creature lists 'none' in the aggro conditions they won't attack no matter what, like rabbits

Never mind, stag beetles! I can chase mallards and moles without danger! Hot damn!
Aglaeca

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:08 am

Aglaeca wrote:
ricky wrote:Stag beetles are listed at the bottom. If a creature lists 'none' in the aggro conditions they won't attack no matter what, like rabbits

Never mind, stag beetles! I can chase mallards and moles without danger! Hot damn!

Pick a clover and rent a horse - quicker chasing.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby vidgin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:23 am

How exactly the weapon reduce the quality of dead wild animals?
Two situations:
1) I kill the animal 80q with one hit of sword 40q
2) I kill the animal 80q with two hits of sword 80q
When the quality of dead animal will be more and how much?

Does the type of weapon affect this situation? The stone axe and steel sword (if both has same Q, and killed with 1 amount of hits) gives the same quality of dead animal?

In other word: How much amount of hits affects the quality of dead animals? And how much the Quality of weapon affects the quality of dead animals?

Need help with this :)
vidgin

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:54 am

Only ranged weapons reduce the quality of the animal - and your survival.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?