Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby Bandit7cdl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:21 am

Recently, i have been getting a msg when transfering curios into a cabinet using ALT+LMB/RMB. Msg is "You are already studying that". Only happens when i have one of those curios in my study box and clicking on more than enough items to fill a cabinet. Also, if there's an empty spot in my study....it automatically puts whatever i'm transfering into it.
Bandit7cdl

Postby blank » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:37 pm

hmm ill take a look when i get home today and i take a gif video
blank

Postby Granger » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Bandit7cdl wrote:Recently, i have been getting a msg when transfering curios into a cabinet using ALT+LMB/RMB. Msg is "You are already studying that". Only happens when i have one of those curios in my study box and clicking on more than enough items to fill a cabinet. Also, if there's an empty spot in my study....it automatically puts whatever i'm transfering into it.

Looks like the study window isn't closed, thus can act as an additional target for the mass-move.
Similar issue exists with belts for objects that can go into them.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby romovs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:36 pm

captainmorgan wrote:Thank you both I now have my map again.

I have the grid_ids.txt file but for some reason the Amber Client can't find it. I get an error message in the terminal.

Code: Select all
java.io.FileNotFoundException: grid_ids.txt (No such file or directory)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)
   at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:58)
   at haven.Config.<clinit>(Config.java:525)
   at haven.MainFrame.<clinit>(MainFrame.java:41)

That's odd. The only situation I can think of when it could happen is if you are executing run.sh through a desktop short-cut in your Window Manager (or have symlinked the file). In that case current working directory will be set to something else other than client's folder, but if that was the case client wouldn't start at all...
See if downloading a fresh copy of the zip, extracting to a new directory, then from the terminal cd to that dir, chmod +x run.sh, ./run.sh
works.

Fevix wrote:EDIT: I just recalled a small bug, also related to mining. Not sure if this is a vanilla thing or an Amber thing: If you right click while you have the mining selection box active, the selection box stays there permanantly.

Yeah that's an Amber thing. That green overlay is a leftover from before when area-mining was implemented in the client itself. Now it's done on the server-side and unfortunately there is no usable indicator telling when mining action have started/ended so I can't really make that overlay properly reflect the current status. Maybe it should be just removed, but it sort of nice to be able to see what you have selected.
romovs

Postby not_a_cat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Greetings, romovs
Can you please take look at "Search..." window (Shift+S)? It seems like its scrolling doesn't reset itself after the window is closed and reopened after.
More detailed explanation was posted here at russian forum.
not_a_cat

Postby romovs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Bandit7cdl wrote:Recently, i have been getting a msg when transfering curios into a cabinet using ALT+LMB/RMB. Msg is "You are already studying that". Only happens when i have one of those curios in my study box and clicking on more than enough items to fill a cabinet. Also, if there's an empty spot in my study....it automatically puts whatever i'm transfering into it.

Ah yes I've noticed that too. Will take a look.

not_a_cat wrote:Greetings, romovs
Can you please take look at "Search..." window (Shift+S)? It seems like its scrolling doesn't reset itself after the window is closed and reopened after.
More detailed explanation was posted here at russian forum.

Thanks will take a look.
romovs

Postby captainmorgan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:42 pm

romovs wrote:That's odd. The only situation I can think of when it could happen is if you are executing run.sh through a desktop short-cut in your Window Manager (or have symlinked the file). In that case current working directory will be set to something else other than client's folder, but if that was the case client wouldn't start at all...
See if downloading a fresh copy of the zip, extracting to a new directory, then from the terminal cd to that dir, chmod +x run.sh, ./run.sh
works.

Yeah it's working when I cd to the directory but running bash /path-to-hafen/run.sh without first cd-ing it doesn't work.
captainmorgan

Postby romovs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:55 pm

You need to change working directory. Something like
bash -c 'cd path_to_the_client_dir && exec ./run.sh'
or just do cd inside run.sh
whatever works better for your setup.
romovs

Postby captainmorgan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:16 pm

romovs wrote:You need to change working directory. Something like
bash -c 'cd path_to_the_client_dir && exec ./run.sh'
or just do cd inside run.sh
whatever works better for your setup.

Excellent, thanks I'll give it a go
captainmorgan

Postby blank » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:07 am

here you go romovs in the vid i can harvest the pepper manually but the button doesn't work.

blank

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower