Store hats on stand

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Store hats on stand

Postby replikant8 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 am

Looks like a gamebreaking bug to me. Hats that disappear instantly after buying? Not cool.
Discord: Niklot#3126
replikant8

Re: Store hats on stand

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 am

Idk about gamebreaking, but will consider/look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby replikant8 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 am

I'm sure that would make some hermit guy who worked half a year for 1600gq quit the game honestly xD. Preeeetty gamebreaking for me.
Discord: Niklot#3126
replikant8

Postby markec121 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:25 am

I agree on this if hats can be placed on barters and you buy it and you have nothing after buying . its broken
markec121

Postby DRAGON » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 am

Jorb this is a unseenable mistake from you guys
DRAGON

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:36 am

We do not expliclity decide whether an item can or can't go on barter stands. All items can. It's just that hats can also be recalled, which is a separate mechanic that the stands know nothing about. It's arguably undesirable, but not much of a mistake.

Again: Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby spawningmink » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:38 am

give me my quills back
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Granger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:58 am

jorb wrote:We do not expliclity decide whether an item can or can't go on barter stands. All items can. It's just that hats can also be recalled, which is a separate mechanic that the stands know nothing about. It's arguably undesirable.

Please look at it quickly, as it is an exploit (that at least works on the uninitiated that don't know that currently shop hats on batter stands are a decorative but temporary form of thin air).

Preferably fix it in the way that buying an account bound item transfers ownership to the account of the character buying it.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:56 am

Granger wrote:Preferably fix it in the way that buying an account bound item transfers ownership to the account of the character buying it.

Not too fond of that. I think it's good if ownership transfers are as explicit as possible. If anything, it is arguable that it should be possible to acquire the shop hats in such a way that they aren't bound to an account at all, and thus can be handled in bulk. Perhaps a "renounce ownership".
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 am

Agree it should be obvious. Using stands should be a practical means of doing so without it turning into a scam. I think whatever means you guys decide on will be better than the current.

That said, "hat rental" might be a thing, too, if people can trust each other to not revoke the item before the lease is up.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Bugs