Forum Game: Guess the Big Thing

General discussion and socializing.

Forum Game: Guess the Big Thing

Postby Granger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 am

As a little game to pass the time, I'll personally award one gametime token to the first one (in this topic) who somewhat correctly guesses what the
jorb wrote:we have also been working on that something more significant hinted at in the last couple of patches, however, we are nearing completion on that project.

actually is, another two tokens to the one with best (closest matching) description of what is to come (even when not being the first to describe it somewhat correctly).

Delivery will be at the community market, should noone nail it this will turn into a fishing event (= I'll drown them in gifts), to prevent shenanigans with editing posts after the fact I'll lock new posts as soon as I see them, entries are valid when made up to one hour prior the announcement that releases the 'thing' to the public.
One post only for each person, with only one guess (no 'this or that or...'), failing that or starting a discussion here is cause for instant disqualification.
Winners will be picked by me, der Rechtsweg ist ausgeschlossen.

Guess away, be inspired by the spoilers left by jorb in the pictures of the last announcements:
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: Forum Game: Guess the Big Thing

Postby TheOriginalFive » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 am

We're getting exotic pets!
TheOriginalFive

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:01 am

maybe it'd be best if you posted the pictures in the op so that others can quickly view them

My assumption now is that its playing on the Yggdrasil idea of having a sort of quasi realms area. We have seen a door, and what i perceived to be a oversized bone pile. So maybe we will be exploring other realms

Last edited by Granger on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Good point about the pictures, I added them.
AntiBlitz

Postby KitsuneG » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:06 am

New house and hat. Pretty sure!
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby Adder1234 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:11 am

I am confident that it is something to do with Yggdrasil, that much is pretty simple, but I'm not sure about the travelling to other worlds part. Maybe something to do with druids and maybe finally a purpose for dryads?

DISQUALIFIED
Last edited by Granger on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made another post
Adder1234

Postby pheonix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:12 am

Ima bet based on what they've said previously its seasons and modular housing ( being able to enter houses and just have the roof disappear sort of thing), and i still say that's a log stockpile from today.
jorb wrote:
Kaios wrote:dude it's been so long, if the "something more significant" you keep talking about doesn't make me cream my pants I think I am done with this game. I haven't even been playing the past few months, just waiting for this amazing update and continuing to be disappointed every time a new patch comes out.

Maybe you shouldn't use your first comment in a good while just to sing your usual gloom song, then? Misery loves company?

I can guarantee you that the thing we're working on won't live up to your high erotic standards.
pheonix

Postby shadowzen2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:17 am

I sincerely hope not, but I'd guess "practical" magic.
A system on top of the standard hearth-magic system that uses regents like candles and gems (specific ones), instead of experience points, to cast combat usable spells such as teleport gates or massive bulwarks of gnarled tree roots bursting from the ground to block pathing.

Uses psyche or a bunch of non-combat stats to wield properly, meaning battlefields are more than just for combat alts.

The spells in general hinder melee, which makes the heavily-nerfed archers relevant again. Maybe you can't cast magic while wearing metal armor, making the spellcasters weak to arrows.

Big enough a thing to spend a few months hinting at I would think.
Would change up combat and work around the lack of pvp stat-caps.
shadowzen2

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:38 am

I do also think it is going to have some connection to magic and lore, the mystery structure in this wks update picture also looks like a doorway to me. I think they will lead to different (small) areas where you can obtain items to be used for some form of magic. Possibly there will be related quests to gain entry and I daresay there will be elements of danger within, like some creature you will need to defeat to obtain said items.

It leads to a fairy realm with druids that give items, pretty flowers with healing properties, fairy rings, ponds with lilies and magical fish, animals that will befriend you and ofc rainbows & unicorns.

:)

DISQUALIFIED
Last edited by Granger on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made another post
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Potjeh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:23 pm

It doesn't look like rendering optimization :cry:
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby iamahh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:48 pm

my guess is something similar to Salem's exploration events... that is, when you're out there exploring there's a chance of stumble upon these random events, probably leading to some nice loot or unique items/creatures
iamahh

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar