Add Mistletoe

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Add Mistletoe

Postby DreadDawson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:19 pm

I was having a conversation with my wife this weekend and somehow we got onto the topic of mistletoe. She is an inquisitive person by nature and went into full research mode on it during our conversation. As it turns out mistletoe grows all over the world, and does some interesting things. Long story short, I believe that mistletoe should be added to the game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistletoe

Mistletoe:

Obtaining: Spawns on trees that have been stunted. Quality is hard capped by the quality of the tree, and soft capped by the percentage that the tree grew before stunting. Seeds can be put into tree pot after it matures, but before planted, to guarantee a stunting, but at a random percentage.

Use: Primarily used as a curio, secondary use to be made into a decoration that can be hung over doors and on pillars, final use as fodder for animals. Can be squashed to get 1-3 seeds which can be used as above.
DreadDawson

Re: Add Mistletoe

Postby jorb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Hey, pretty good writeup. I agree that it should be added!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby thesourceofsadness » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Viscum was an important plant for druids as far as i know, so mistletoes may be used is hearth magic in some way, i guess.

Great idea, anyway.
thesourceofsadness

Postby Blueberry » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:04 am

new emote 'kiss under mistletoe'
berry nice to see you
Blueberry

Postby Vassteel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm

i like the idea of more "Holiday" Flair. im pretty sure they would have had something to celebrate back then.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby spawningmink » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 pm

I want to be able to kiss Orca...or amanda under this
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby KitsuneG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 pm

In the past, people make birdglue from Mistletoe Fruits, its need to catch bird without harming it.

Maybe in-game if u drop this and when Magpie try to steal it, she cant move so you just pick her.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby DreadDawson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 pm

KitsuneG wrote:In the past, people make birdglue from Mistletoe Fruits, its need to catch bird without harming it.

Maybe in-game if u drop this and when Magpie try to steal it, she cant move so you just pick her.

That would be interesting but leads into a whole other discussion on "traps" for hunting.
DreadDawson

Return to Critique & Ideas