End of Year Development Request

General discussion and socializing.

End of Year Development Request

Postby AntiBlitz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:00 am

Is it possible as a sort of pseudo gift/request that we may participate in choosing a development for our final one? As in could Jorbtar provide us a list of ideas they had in mind and we as a group vote for what we would like to see as our sort of year end development gift.

This is obviously up to them truly, but the idea crossed my mind when it was brought up to have the players voices heard toward where some of the development should/could go.

To break it down, so people arent confused, and to make it simple to consume, so it isnt just a shouting match of people wanting a billion things thread. Jorbtar provides a list of a few ideas they had in mind for a small development patch as before, maybe like 3-4 things. Players then just +1 vote for only one idea and after a tally, at Jorbtar's command, they develop the idea how they see fit, as it is their game. Our only say in the final development would be just the theme for the last one.

So, yes? bad idea? go away?
AntiBlitz

Re: End of Year Development Request

Postby jorb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:20 am

We could perhaps do that sometime, but for next week I have some things planned.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:16 pm

jorb wrote:We could perhaps do that sometime, but for next week I have some things planned.

Option 1) deadly bees that randomly spawn inside houses and camp hearthfires
2) bedbugs that cause SUPER AIDS
3) a new critter and store hat

"Ok guys what do you want???"
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Just change it into new year request so it can be implemented in the first update of the next year.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Granger » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:29 pm

shubla wrote:Just change it into new year request so it can be implemented in the first update of the next year.

That would be something.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Finigini » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 am

Only downside to this is that it ruins the surprise somewhat if we are told what is planned.
Finigini

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Finigini wrote:Only downside to this is that it ruins the surprise somewhat if we are told what is planned.

nah the idea was that they would make it similar to the goofy ass titles he likes to make up. So, he could get as vague as he wanted if possible and it would just fuel massive speculation anyways. I would venture to say it would breed more theory crafting if the titles were alluring enough while also not telling.
AntiBlitz

Postby Finigini » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Yeah, just knowing the name of the planned update and voting on them would be fun. Should we implement "Yuletide Log Lads" or "Frozen Fortress Fishing"?
Finigini

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm

i wasnt sure if you were ever exactly privy to this idea or not, but could this still potentially be a thing? I hope it was explained well enough, its just as simple as saying like, guys, vote for one of these three things, top vote is what youll see next stream or, next month, etc. and the choices would be for examples sake;

Flaming maggots
Bucket dragons
Nymph lords

something akin to your typical style of naming development.

or something more direct like;

larpy shit
critters
big development cycle(you asked for it, sorry, no development for a week or two due to larger development idea)
AntiBlitz

Postby DPblH » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:19 am

jordancoles wrote:
jorb wrote:"Ok guys what do you want???"

Glue birds.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar