Resource tool

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Resource tool

Postby DPblH » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:14 am

Greetings, hearthlings!

I want to release simple resource tool for Haven. Just run, select local or remote resource (for remote resource it should be like 'gfx/terobjs/cupboard') and edit everything you want (and can be edited).

You can easily change text, toolips, images, textures (for example), etc. You can also remove some layers from resources: annoying sounds (audio2), mesh animations like bees on beehives (manim), totally remove bees from beehives (mesh), remove texture rotation animation from fireplaces (texrot sublayer of mat2), remove skeleton animation of animals or dreamcatchers (skan). Save resource and place into your client, usually it is like '%CLIENT_FOLDER%/res/gfx/terobjs/cupboard.res'.
Note: for code layer you need java to be in you PATH.

You can also edit 3D models, but it is a bit tricky and have several restrictions. First of all, I cannot understand this BEST CODE I HAD SEEN EVER, and I'm also not good in 3D.

Here are restrictions:
  • resource must have exactly 1 mesh layer, even with the mesh layers with same id, I don't know how to load them back properly. Maybe some day loftar will explain how this magic works;
  • vbuf2 layer must have exactly 3 sublayers: nrm, pos, tex. I don't know how to properly export other sublayers into OBJ format, or they not supported by OBJ.

Editing 3D model:
  • open resource and go to vbuf2 layer
  • press 'Export to obj' button, model will be saved into 'obj' folder of this tool
  • if resource contains tex layer, go to tex layer and save resource texture
  • open Blender and import model from obj wavefront format
  • apply texture on model if any
  • change something
  • export into OGRE format (you must have export plugin for this)
  • save texture separately if any
  • open resource tool, press 'Import from XML' button and select OGRE XML changed model
  • go to tex layer and change texture if any
  • dont forget to save resource
Time to fix chicken helm!

Download tool (windows)
Source code
Tool written with C++ using Qt library. Download Qt for your platform and open project file from QtCreator. For console mode cd into project folder, run qmake then make. Make sure qmake and make in your PATH.

Enjoy!
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Re: Resource tool

Postby tirioll » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 am

Kudos to you, sir!
Getting started in the whole client wizardry, and just made a new button for my custom menu.
tirioll

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:38 am

Amazing tool, i use it for a long time already. Upvoted
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby kokoszek » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:39 am

Thanks bro, finally I can change house look :D
kokoszek

Postby kaizokuroof » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:31 am

Thanks for the tool man!
I had a retardedly huge signature and have gotten this embarrassing replacement to show for it.
kaizokuroof

Postby Flyrella » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Thank you very much!
although not every texture can be wrapped automatically xD
Flyrella

Postby Flyrella » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:36 am

could anyone please tell me how do I change the resource in Amber?
Flyrella

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Flyrella wrote:could anyone please tell me how do I change the resource in Amber?

At the very least you could just drag and drop files to hafen-res.jar or something, that might prevent the client from fetching the stuff from the server.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DPblH » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Flyrella wrote:although not every texture can be wrapped automatically xD

This is because such objects (houses, boats, etc) are using dynamic textures and don't contains any info about textures themselves. You can go to trees objects and find material with texture which apllied to objects ingame dynamically, extract and use it in another software.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby ribaeda » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:14 am

As I understand it, simple editing of resources is only suitable for objects with fixed textures. For example "tarkiln" you can easily modify the meshes from which it is created. But when I try to change objects that use textures of different resources, the client does not use them, downloading the default ones. I tried to change "trallis" just by removing mesh, and also simplifying their geometry in a blender (for performance), but the client does not want to use them.
Maybe you will show an example of modifying such resources (with not fixed textures), it would be great.
ribaeda

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower