Glass Key

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Glass Key

Postby Iva » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 pm

I want to sell liftable objects and animals without using direct sales. For now it is pretty much possible if I have fenced area with locked gate inside claimed area, so I can place here an object I want to sell, allow trespassing, theft and rummaging, and then I can sell a key from this gate on a barter stand. After this transaction I will have to change the lock because buyer will have his key after previous purchase and will be able to open gate next time I will sell something else. This is not a problem at my own claim, but if I want to do this at public market, I will not be allowed to change the lock because no one give to me vandalism permissions. This problem can be solved by using consumable key which can't be used to make copies. It opens the gate only once and crumbles. A glass copy of key, made from one or two pieces of glass, may serve well for this purpose.

Sorry if this has already been proposed, forum search doesn't want to search "key".
Last edited by Iva on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iva

Re: Glass Key

Postby Luanes » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Nice idea! And it looks easy.
Luanes

Postby Flyrella » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Sounds really good!
Flyrella

Postby GamingRAM » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:34 pm

That's one approach with potential other uses I can get behind. (Imagine making a maze or loot-box style prize chests).

However, wouldn't allowing liftables to be sold from a barterstand be a better idea? Like from a garden-shed style of indoor cupboard?
(Also Deed to the Animal for animals?)
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Attas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Nice idea, totally support it.
Attas

Postby Granger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Could be fun and open interesting options, also should be easy to implement.

For the maze application a mechanism (made from sand/stones, cloth/leather, string, rope, blocks) that can be attached to a gate and will close it after a certain timespan when opened (limited charges before the mechanism needs to be reset) could be interesting for building mazes.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Keys with limited amount of uses would be interesting, they would add ability for the players to do lots of new things.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 am

Will consider!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby synaris » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 am

i agree with gaming about being able to sell liftables from barter stands BUT i support this idea too. after all, some people like to sell livestock.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Return to Critique & Ideas