"Well mined" bug

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

"Well mined" bug

Postby Tammer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:07 am

The tooltip "Well mined" is being applied to too many ores. When I mine with a character that hasn't even started quarryman, I get the "Well mined" text on the ore. Now that my main is far enough into the miner credo, I see that the ore he mines does smelt faster, but it has the same "Well mined" text instead of something new.
Tammer

Re: "Well mined" bug

Postby Forest » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Yep, bugged tooltip.
Forest

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

So... basically everyone gets well-mined all the time, or what? Will look at it, but wouldn't mind some precision of the behavior.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Adder1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am

I had this happen to me once, as well. I can't say for sure what triggered it, the only thing that was odd was that I was mining under a mine support that wasn't constructed by myself. But I can't see what that would have to do with anything. I'll see if I can trigger it again.
Adder1234

Postby Tammer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:46 pm

As far as I can tell, everyone gets well mined all the time.

(I tested with a fresh alt with just mining skill and a character with deep artifice but not quarryman. I tested under mine supports and not supported. I tried with a pickaxe that has memories of pain and one that does not. Everything says well mined.)

The actual ore doesn't smelt any faster. It does smelt faster when mined by the character who has unlocked the relevant bonus from miner credo. It seems it is just the text that is wrong.
Tammer

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Indeed you are right. Will be fixed after next restart.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Return to Bugs