Game over

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Game over

Postby Randomtask21 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Killed by abusive Russians (some of the stuff they were saying was a disgrace - some real lowdown filth) after 7 days of playing. They toyed with me first, abusing me, destroying everything I had, then finally killed me. Was then warned that if I respawn I would get killed again. Safe to say this is game over.

Shame because I really enjoyed the unique aspects the game had to offer, original and well thought out. I was just starting to consider buying a full subscription as well. Nevermind - guess I'll be taking my millions to another game. After inheriting this money, I decided to do my level best to support game companies such as this, but when you have a playerbase choc-full of Russians, this cannot be done. I was an avid gamer long before I inherited this fortune and I will be long after it's spent.

I should have known when I noticed a large percentage of your player base was Russian, Stay away, I said to myself, Russians bend over backwards to make your game as least enjoyable as possible. I know this from my experience in many games of which the populate. I played anyway, against my better judgement, and was ultimately proven correct. Only myself to blame.

Thanks for the effort, Jorb, you really have the basis for a good game here.
Randomtask21

Re: Game over

Postby yozzik111 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 pm

...so the only thing this game lacks is just a ban for all rushki ips?

That's a weird nazi point. Despite you are frustrated and despite a lot of russian players are pretty "different".
It was a fair game moment and what happens here (your reaction) means you don't match the game style or game style don't match you.

Also if you can't defend or attack back, it doesn't mean you can play a victim.
Last edited by yozzik111 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby Randomtask21 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:06 pm

yozzik111 wrote:...so the only thing this game lacks is just a ban for all rushki ips?

That's a weird nazi point. Despite you are frustrated and despite a lot of russian players are pretty "different".
It was a fair game moment and what happens here (your reaction) means you don't match the game style or game style don't match you.

This is the how far society has sunk, when abusive behaviour, by 4 of them no less, is to be concluded as a fair gaming moment.

Do you have the slightest idea of meaning behind fair?
Randomtask21

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Hey,

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss ... however, this game is pvp and you know that when you start, ofc there will be hostile encounters and raids and from all nationalities, not just Russians. :)

I have 3 Russian neighbouring villages around my place and they are all friendly and helpful, it's unfair to tar a whole nation due to the antics of a small group. I suspect maybe you had just settled in the wrong place. A lot of villages will object if you settle too close for example or start interfering in their foraging areas or mine in their cave systems.

I think it's a bigger shame if you quit an amazing game just after one setback, most of us have been raided and/or killed at some point during our time here and many have lost a lot more than 7 days worth of playing time. We are still here.
I understand that right now it's both frustrating and upsetting but the game has so much to offer it really is worth returning to and trying again. :)

I would suggest moving away from where you had set up, you have nothing left to return to anyway by the sound of it and starting afresh, use what you have learned from this experience to make yourself more secure and hopefully find an area with better neighbours. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Randomtask21 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Hey,

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss ... however, this game is pvp and you know that when you start, ofc there will be hostile encounters and raids and from all nationalities, not just Russians. :)

I have 3 Russian neighbouring villages around my place and they are all friendly and helpful, it's unfair to tar a whole nation due to the antics of a small group. I suspect maybe you had just settled in the wrong place. A lot of villages will object if you settle too close for example or start interfering in their foraging areas or mine in their cave systems.

I think it's a bigger shame if you quit an amazing game just after one setback, most of us have been raided and/or killed at some point during our time here and many have lost a lot more than 7 days worth of playing time. We are still here.
I understand that right now it's both frustrating and upsetting but the game has so much to offer it really is worth returning to and trying again. :)

I would suggest moving away from where you had set up, you have nothing left to return to anyway by the sound of it and starting afresh, use what you have learned from this experience to make yourself more secure and hopefully find an area with better neighbours. :)

I'd met them before and they were fine, it was only when I displayed my UK flag that all the abuse started. No, I was warned that I would be killed again if I respawn, clearly these guys do not like English people.

I'm not frustrated or upset, I simply do not suffer those emotions over a game (yes really). I've experienced similar abuse in Rust, Ark, DAYZ etc anyway, it's nothing new. The problem is Russians are largely at fault, you say it's unfair to tar them all with the same brush, I say they have earned it. I'm not alone in feelng this way, there is a gargantuan number of people who feel the same way about Russian gamers. Very few wish to openly admit it. I have no issue expressing my feelings,

I'm multi-millionaire and I do as I please. Genuinely considering making the owner an offer to run my own server(again, yes really)
Last edited by Randomtask21 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomtask21

Postby viznew » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:35 pm

if interested i can put a becon somewhere safe so you can re start in a good place with helpfull people close by

but dang you really hate russians lol idk now, thats off putting to the nicer people in the area but offer still there

(most the russians i met in game are nice only a few out of many were hostile)
Last edited by viznew on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
viznew

Postby pheonix » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:36 pm

This game doesnt hold ya hand and kiss ya bum snowflake, If ya cant handle being smashed as a newbie and losing ya stuff then you wouldnt have lasted anyways.
pheonix

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Randomtask21 wrote:
I'm multi-millionaire and I do as I please.

:lol: :P

I'm English btw. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby stya » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 pm

You just experienced something that most of us had to experience, this is part of the game. I got killed my first time when I was afk in my fields back in w7, I did not know anything about the game and had no walls, protection or anything.

Just learn from what happened, be more cautious, step up and start again. This is an "semi-old" world, you can get back in game fast by trading/joining already established people.

If you stay long enough to see a world rebirth, you will see that early world is much more brutal :D
stya

Postby Randomtask21 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm

viznew wrote:if interested i can put a becon somewhere safe so you can re start in a good place with helpfull people close by

but dang you really hate russians lol idk now, thats off putting to the nicer people in the area but offer still there

(most the russians i met in game are nice only a few out of many were hostile)

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

I'm considering buying my own server of that is possible. I like the game and from what I've read from the devs, they seem keen and genuinely wish to improve the game - I'm all for that kind of development.

If the owners are interested, just let me know. This is a sincere offer.
Randomtask21

Next

Return to The Moot