This Area Is Claimed - On My Own Claim

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

This Area Is Claimed - On My Own Claim

Postby NineWorlds » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:57 pm

As the title states I keep getting this error. Using Amber client.

The position where you last logged out is not available, because that location is claimed. Would you like to restart at your hearth fire instead?

I'm the only one who lives in my village.
Village claim is mine.
No items can be placed on top of my last POS. Since no one else has access to my gates but me.
I always log out in my windmil

I would like to say this would not be a big deal but I own two claims and my Vclaim is not where my HF is located. It's a place I'm fixing up for permanent residence and this has been happening almost every time I log in after some allotted time. I've already moved all my horses down to the vclaim so it is a pain walking back and forth because of the error.
NineWorlds

Re: This Area Is Claimed - On My Own Claim

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:49 am

It does indeed look like the only claims at your logout position are yours. This might be related to the change as of the last patch in terms of login permissions. I'll have a look at it, but I can't guarantee that I'll restart the server before the next patch because of it.

EDIT: It was indeed related to that. Will be fixed after the next server restart.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby NineWorlds » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:00 am

loftar wrote:It does indeed look like the only claims at your logout position are yours. This might be related to the change as of the last patch in terms of login permissions. I'll have a look at it, but I can't guarantee that I'll restart the server before the next patch because of it.

EDIT: It was indeed related to that. Will be fixed after the next server restart.

Sweet.

I knew there was something quite off.
Just had it happen again
certainly seems like it happens after a while of being offline. Logging out and then back in instantly doesn't seem to reproduce it.

Thanks, can't wait for the patch.
NineWorlds

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:40 pm

What happens, specifically, is that the ability to log back in was no longer implicitly granted by being lawspeaker since the last change, and you've put yourself in a group in the village that doesn't have Trespassing permissions. Not exactly saying that it's your own fault, but it's generally a good idea to make sure you have the proper village permissions even without being lawspeaker, in case you renounce it or anything.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby NineWorlds » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:22 am

loftar wrote:What happens, specifically, is that the ability to log back in was no longer implicitly granted by being lawspeaker since the last change, and you've put yourself in a group in the village that doesn't have Trespassing permissions. Not exactly saying that it's your own fault, but it's generally a good idea to make sure you have the proper village permissions even without being lawspeaker, in case you renounce it or anything.

will do, didn't know that.
NineWorlds

Return to Bugs