JorbStream 180127, 21:00 UTC

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: JorbStream 180127, 21:00 UTC

Postby azrid » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 am

when you least expect it
azrid

Postby ElGato » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 am

loftar wrote:lol, we hold no illusions that our testing of the combat system even slightly resembles how it's used in practice. :)

Another combat test server then? :D It's been a while
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:48 am

ElGato wrote:
loftar wrote:lol, we hold no illusions that our testing of the combat system even slightly resembles how it's used in practice. :)

Well, to be fair, I don't think it worked out very well last time, since testing was far too abstract to be meaningful, plus not enough people really tested it. More likely, we'll just throw up whatever we have on the real server and let you at it. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 am

loftar wrote:
ElGato wrote:

Well, to be fair, I don't think it worked out very well last time, since testing was far too abstract to be meaningful, plus not enough people really tested it. More likely, we'll just throw up whatever we have on the real server and let you at it. :)

Valhalla is shitty to test on

Maneuvers aren't unlocked and gear quality is random/inconsistent
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 am

jordancoles wrote:Maneuvers aren't unlocked and gear quality is random/inconsistent

Should be able to test with all q10 gear, at least. Balancing, if the core of the system is good, can come based on what expected end game gear should be.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 am

MagicManICT wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Maneuvers aren't unlocked and gear quality is random/inconsistent

Should be able to test with all q10 gear, at least. Balancing, if the core of the system is good, can come based on what expected end game gear should be.

People are running around with q800+ b12s and steel plate bodies/legs right now. Armor matters a lot in combat so testing with q10 gear wouldn't help in the slightest.
We would need to be able to set our own gear qualities
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 am

Unless it's changed as a part of the combat updates, armor and weapon scaling can be factored in from test data. Like I said, it's not absolutely necessary to testing.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:17 am

MagicManICT wrote:Unless it's changed as a part of the combat updates, armor and weapon scaling can be factored in from test data. Like I said, it's not absolutely necessary to testing.

I'm going to predict that STR, weapon quality and CON, followed by armor class, will be the deciding factors in the directional combat system
If you're going 1:1 on every hit, the person with the most health and damage will win every time. If the person with more CON also has twice the AC, they'll be pretty godly.
We'll have to see how it plays out

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:17 am

snoopy91 wrote:When can we expect the stream for this month?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ElGato » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 am

loftar wrote:
ElGato wrote:

But, there were only like 100 people playing back then. Or at least it seemed like it with barely 40 people online at any time.
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Previous

Return to Announcements