turnip recipes

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

turnip recipes

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 am

what fuckery is this? we get turnips but they only serve as a substitute for other root veggies? we couldnt get one unique recipe? ill list several i want.

turnip salad

baked turnips

glazed turnips

turnip soup

and grilled turnips

come on, give us SOMETHING.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Re: turnip recipes

Postby D0fuz15 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:01 am

The soup just remind me we dont have any kind of soup, haven need soup!
Good idea!
D0fuz15

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:08 am

yeup. kittenkarate even dug up my 2 month old fish soup thread. i think the community is speaking rather loudly on the soup issue.

synaris

Postby DPblH » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 am

Turnip is very useful: you can plant it, you can harvest it, you can sit on it. Why do you need more?
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 am

DPblH wrote:Turnip is very useful: you can plant it, you can harvest it, you can sit on it. Why do you need more?

if that was a joke its not funny in the least. that makes it hard to tell if you're serious.

and i want more because its food. the crops we grow should be worth the time and effort to grow them. its like how people dont care to grow hemp since flax gives more cloth for less string. if turnips are just a substitute for beets, whats our reason to grow them?

synaris

Postby DPblH » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 am

synaris wrote:whats our reason to grow them?

Turnip is like birds: we just have it. Thats all.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby azrid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:03 pm

More useless foods that only 3 people cook?
I don't think you need to ask for useless foods or birds ever. They got you covered there.
azrid

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm

azrid wrote:More useless foods that only 3 people cook?
I don't think you need to ask for useless foods or birds ever. They got you covered there.

Meh... if someone enjoys it, I say it's not useless. Giving life and variety to the world is always a good thing. That people stick to the diet of a half dozen different food items says more about imbalance than anything else.

Variance in FEP variety. Why grow anything?

As far as the OP, name me one turnip dish that can't easily have another starchy tuber (such as beets, carrots, even onions) substituted in it. If anything, I'd say that special recipes should be few and far between reserved for those special food items or things that just scream uniquely to the lore of the game.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby cyrus9586 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Nips and Tatties! we just need the Tatties!
Former proud Owner of Hoo Cudda De Cheese Factory W9.
Mad God of New Sheoth W14
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
azrid wrote:More useless foods that only 3 people cook?

Meh... if someone enjoys it, I say it's not useless. Giving life and variety to the world is always a good thing. That people stick to the diet of a half dozen different food items says more about imbalance than anything else.

Variance in FEP variety. Why grow anything?

As far as the OP, name me one turnip dish that can't easily have another starchy tuber (such as beets, carrots, even onions) substituted in it. If anything, I'd say that special recipes should be few and far between reserved for those special food items or things that just scream uniquely to the lore of the game.

pickled turnips.

also i hate the current variety FEP system. im tired of having to write down what feps i get from food after gambling with ingredients. i want a few more recipes where the feps are set in stone. like honeybuns.

synaris

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas