Make docks not bashable by hand.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Make docks not bashable by hand.

Postby Bacaaah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

I think docks should be not bashable by hand because you use a lot of resources to build it and then anyone with a vandalism character can just come and destroy it easily. It would be different if we were able to pallisade around the dock but since we are not able to do that i think docks should only be bashable with the use of a catapult or ram.
Anyways, feel free to discuss about it and give other alternatives if you think my idea is bad.
Bacaaah

Re: Make docks not bashable by hand.

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Then you could use docks as an extension of your real walls.
And I dont think that it would be a good idea, they are not meant to be walls after all.
Last edited by shubla on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Aceb » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Bacaaah wrote:I think docks should be not bashable by hand because you use a lot of resources to build it and then anyone with a vandalism character can just come and destroy it easily. It would be different if we were able to pallisade around the dock but since we are not able to do that i think docks should only be bashable with the use of a catapult or ram.
Anyways, feel free to discuss about it and give other alternatives if you think my idea is bad.

Only with the use of sledgehammer. Reason up above.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:42 pm

stone docks with higher soak would be nice.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 pm

How much soak does a Dock currently have?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:58 pm

superior docks with more soak would be nice, but the problem is that soak is nigh meaningless right now with all the strong as hell characters in the world.

you could make docks like leantos. where bashing always leaves a scent claim or no claim. unless thats already the case?
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 pm

synaris wrote:superior docks with more soak would be nice, but the problem is that soak is nigh meaningless right now with all the strong as hell characters in the world.

you could make docks like leantos. where bashing always leaves a scent claim or no claim. unless thats already the case?

I do not think that the issue is that it would not leave a scent. But the fact that somebody can just bash your dock for fun when he passes by.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Aceb » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:43 pm

That's why I proposed sledgehammer. Barely anyone wields it. Well, unless, someone target You and want to mess with You but that is kind of different story.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby stya » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:17 pm

If you don't want it to act as an extension of walls, just make it impossible to build a 2nd dock in a certain radius (30-50tiles idk?), but make it not hand-bashable.

Sledgehammer thing does not fit in the soak system, if you str is high enough you should be able to break it sledge or not.
The dock is an important structure and it would be nice to be able to protect it somehow.
stya

Postby jordancoles » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 pm

shubla wrote:Then you could use docks as an extension of your real walls.
And I dont think that it would be a good idea, they are not meant to be walls after all.

Just don't allow for them to be built within 7-ish tiles of other docks
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas