Game Development: Leek Whistle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Leek Whistle

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:07 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added Leeks, new crop. A type of onion. Suggested here.
  • Added "Whistle", emote. Suggested here.
  • Added, "Pointed Cap" and...
  • Added "Straw Cape", both suggested here.
  • Added "Snakeskin Boots", suggested here.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • As hinted at here, we have made it so that you may now conquer Menhirs and Grotesque Idols from one Realm to another. While Menhirs and Grotesque Idols must still be built as Realm objects, they now otherwise function more akin to normal objects, in that you do not need to challenge them to destroy them, and in that they are protected by claims. Not sure if this actually changes much.
  • Natural Wonders in Villages now drain Village authority to the tune of 10k auth per day. Suggested here.
  • Hotkey:ed bucket icons now refresh when the buckets change their contents. Reported here. How did we ever play without this?

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a bug by which you could drop Coracles on your own Knarr to get it pretty well stuck. You can no longer drop coracles on other bounding boxes than your own, as an additional consequence of fixes required for this...
  • ... also made it so that dropping soil on claimed ground is now a crime of vandalism.
  • Cupboards now take a small amount of damage whenever they are put down anywhere where they could not be built, i.e. anywhere that isn't inside a house.
  • Fixed a bug by which you could duplicate moves in combat toolbelts.
  • Fixed a crash caused by typing specific thing in public chat, reported in PM.
  • Fixed a bug with a bonus in the lumberjack credo not being applied as intended, reported in PM.
  • Made it so that you cannot plow while mounted. Suggested here.
  • Fixed a bug by which you couldn't aggro from Knarrs properly.
  • Fixed a bug by which the top part of barter stands would sometimes display the wrong cloth material.
  • Fixed a bug by which pressing grapes in a vinegar full press would vaporize the grape juice into the void.
  • Fixed a bug by which you could apply sap taps to saplings.
  • You can now use carried barrels to draw from sap taps.
  • Fixed a bug by which the sap tap graphics weren't updated properly.
  • Made it so that you can build Sublime Porticos pretty much anywhere, suggested here.
  • Straw twine is now fishing line.
  • Added options to "Shoo" and "Pull" to animal leashes, as suggested here.
  • Wort, Batter and Rennet recipes should now display output amounts. Reported here.
  • Added small token rewards in LP for completing tutorial quests. Suggested here.
  • You may now travel with carts, and pull them across shallows. Inspired by this.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $10, is the "Mushroom Hat".

Store Description wrote:Image $10 You're sorry, but the princess is in another castle.

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the Mushroom Hat, free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Leek Whistle

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:08 am

Its a fukken leek.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby linkfanpc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:09 am

There's a leek in the boat!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby jordancoles » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:09 am

Pras
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Fallencido » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:14 am

nicest thing of timezones is that you guys are in the future with the updates since it is still march 14th in here lol
Fallencido

Postby Artemiswhb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:14 am

Cupboards now take a small amount of damage whenever they are put down anywhere where they could not be built, i.e. anywhere that isn't inside a house.

Does this mean they receive decay ticks? Or that they take damage when you drop them
Artemiswhb

Postby Redlaw » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 am

over all it looks like a nice update to me.
Redlaw

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 am

Artemiswhb wrote:
Cupboards now take a small amount of damage whenever they are put down anywhere where they could not be built, i.e. anywhere that isn't inside a house.

Does this mean they receive decay ticks? Or that they take damage when you drop them

Precisely what it says, namely that they take some damage when put down, i.e. when you drop them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sarge » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:17 am

jorb wrote:
Artemiswhb wrote:

Precisely what it says, namely that they take some damage when put down, i.e. when you drop them.

So you put them down and repair them and we're right back to where we were except pita added?
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Ninijutsu » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:18 am

jorb wrote:You may now travel with carts, and pull them across shallows. Inspired by this.

Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Next

Return to Announcements