A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

General discussion and socializing.

A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

Postby Aceb » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:40 pm

I always wanted to wander Haven world after certain period, to see how world evolved in different places (or not) and it's ruins. I dedicated myself to "A quest for a hats". My main goal was to travel the world in all directions and while doing that, collect 25 hats, with some rules and limitations. Was originally going to do it previous world but, the end of it caught me offguard to be honest. Even if someone doesn't like the idea or this topic as whole, I don't care. It is always something I wanted to do for myself and for fun. Let's get further into this topic.

Rules & Limitations:
    I can only craft one hat myself
    I can only trade one time for a hat
    I can't take more than 1 hat from any place, regardless of players or hats in my reach
    Once I picked up a hat, I can't drop it nor even put it back for a second
    I can't hide under a claim nor protect my hats in this territory, unless someone allows me to spend time under their claim
    I have to make at least one circle around the world
    Can't use my contacts, which means a temporary nick-name, nor reveal myself to anyone*
    I'll try to document my journey and present it in form of post for each day
    If I die or collect 25 hats, this is over.
    After collecting first hat, I can't use go back to hearthfire.
    Only default client and it's wrongs and rights.

Now, before I started, I considered to small change like maybe 2 full chests or whole wagon, but wagon would be pretty quickly stolen and moving chests from A to B, would be way too tedious and really just a torment. As of time of posting this, the journey is already over. Each day I will try to post at least one day of my journey. I have over of 2000 pics to select from.
I decided to take a name of Madao-san and start my journey. For anyone who knows me and could feel lied to, sorry, but I wanted to be it as much as fair as possible. Also, personally, I think the world current world and last one was most suitable for this. Might have do something similar or legacy or not. Dunno yet, but for longer time I won't do nothing similar.

* Amanda was excluded from this, at it happened already during my journey and was not on purpouse
Last edited by Aceb on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Re: A quest for a hats - A journey throught the old world!

Postby Aceb » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Before I could know I can hide those quests stuff, was too late so, sorrieh for not very "immersive" screenshots".
Day 1
There was darkness. There was nothing. Suddenly, the light struck me. I have no soul, I have no body. I am just, but a wisp of nothingness. Unknown voice tells me to go forward, to find a reason, to find a purpouse. Pushed by this, I glide forward. I so, a pieces of mud gathers around me, I am ask to go right and then a flash, a body, a life, a pool. Magical waters, fullfill me with purpouse, with character, with primal knowledge. Then, a wizard pulls me off, how do I know He's a wizard? How do I know, He's a man. It doesn't matter.
He asked me for my name. Secondary train of thoughts touch my new, forged soul. It did not last long, until I heard me speak of my own name. Before I could say anything more, a strong wave of air, pushed me forward. The sweet smell of fresh grass and green pines, left my nostrils, to be replaced by a horrific smell of meat. I found myself on top of a fire, I was being connected with this very fire as one. The pain, the scream, was it me or was it a wizard? Suddenly darkness happen once again, then I could feel a stench. A stench of my very existence in this already old world.

Blindly running, blindly chasing, bindly catching, getting used to pain of life, took a few minutes. Before I could notice, In my lost state, I passed a various of places, abandoned, ruins or just plain simple farms. Then I stopped, turned around, watch & learned what's around. What can I use, what can I do. There was a plenty of things to help me, to make me feel happy or comfortable. It was a signal, to start, to begin, to simply... do.

Hunger hit me, those carrots... how did I know it's called carrots? It did not matter the next second. I was busy digging them out and shoving them right into my mouth. Natural instinct was working it's way. After I felt content, I set forward in search of place, where I can stop, act and call home for those few hours. Where I could study and contemplate ruins around me and gain knowledge. Wasn't long before I passed a ruins with a hole. It was perfect to start with. To my surprise... there was a wild horse inside! So at least, I had a friend, to begin with...
The place where my journey beings... was a part of kingdom called DIS...
Last edited by Aceb on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby TheOriginalFive » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:05 am

I hope you had fun doing this mad-hat journey.
TheOriginalFive

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:48 am

TheOriginalFive wrote:I hope you had fun doing this mad-hat journey.

And, looking forward to hearing about it. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Aceb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:02 pm

Day 2
Do You know how one feel, after spending a night, naked in a forgotten small minehole? With a horse as only friend? I do, but more strangly, the horse was missing next day. I don't wanna feel that again. I went to check all surrounding farms and ol'houses in search for some rags. Being unlucky, I couldn't find a single piece of clothing. But in my dreams, I could sew myself clothes and so, I had the knowledge how to do that. I gathered some nearby left hemp, bring machinery from different ruins and crafted myself some clothes. Still feeling somewhat green, I decided that my head, cannot stay naked. With this, I grabbed some old flour, combined with my skills and made a beatiful, Chef cap. It was my first hat towards the glory of my journey. Packed some carrots for the road, I brought myself to my small cave a table, a chair and decided to rest for a second, before heading out for my adventure.
After exiting that hole, I decided to head first in direction, that nature will told me to. It did it pretty well and fast, by pushing three snakes in my direction. I've headed north, where I was accompanied by Mr. Momo for quite a bit.
First seemingly alived place was a village named <<BERSERKERS>>. Despite crossing that place three times during my journey, I couldn't find a single person alive inside. Might be fate, might be luck, who knows? I couldn't investigate the place as much as I would to, as it was closed and usually, a dangerous wild live running around, stopping me succesfully from it.
Not so far from this place, I've crossed another kingdom territory, called "Hedgehugs", first, unnamed village, greeted me with only ugly stench of long lasted corpses. I wanted to yell and vomit, get away as possible from this place, but then again... Do You see my friend, that corpse of yet fresh bear, pretty close? Hunger always does it job, am I right...? In meantime a small chick has poked my feet. I decided to take it with me and call it "Chip."
Found a nearby den and make it my first checkpoint to rest in. It wasn't long before I cooked "my" bear and devoured it. After all, I had power of all cooks in my magnificent chef cap and it would be a waste, not to use it. Did I mention I was lucky to gild it twice...? 1% chance, unbelievable. I got myself a bit cozy there, but when times was up, I left a runestone and continued my quest.
Trying to find a way throught nearby river, I found a place, where live haven't stop! Living horses, sheeps, cows and even... could it be... Yes, a person! What a miracle, this world is not that empty as my heart was at the very beginning! I had to wait a little before I was noticed, but, that moment I noticed the person have responded to me. After a small talk, I aquired my second hat, a "feather band"! Thank You big time, Nyaka, for being the first person I stumbled in my journey.
Remembering my time with the first horse I met, I knew how to make a friend from another! Even if only temporary, it is enough. There's places to see and by myself, it might be not enough to do everything on foot!

Again, the smell of death was spreading from Menshenfresserhoffen village. This smell was so strong, I felt dizzy. I couldn't breathe. It allowed a nearly venomous critter to sn-ake up on me, bit me and run off into the distance, before I could stomp it with my horse. I did not notice much of pain or anything like this, but oh, I can't know the future, before it happens...
That however, cannot stop me!

Last edited by Aceb on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby tehnox » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:32 pm

I meet you yesterday! Whole wagon of chests for beaver hat, what a prank :lol:
tehnox

Postby Aceb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 pm

tehnox wrote:I meet you yesterday! Whole wagon of chests for beaver hat, what a prank :lol:

Well, I think beaver hat is one of the best ones so, for You big surprisment for me, I wanted to repay You somewhat the same way =)

edit: someone have stolen the food trought I took for my horse when I log off now long after that =(
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Day 3
One would think that those small critters ain't dangerous. But only a few, had the "pleasure" of being bitten by those. Weakened, I've crawled to first den I found and felt immediatly asleep. However, every so often, I was yelling, scratching my skin, throwing myself at walls of this hole, just to try to ease the pain, forget about it even for a second... After such hell night, I woke up at the morning, completely soaked in my own sweat. There was no trace of any snake acid inside my blood. I've completely resisted it. All my nerves and body intact. It was time to move on, to get some fresh air and hats!
Then, after passing several farm places, I've found quite an interesting settlement. From one side it was below high ground, but from the water side, it was completely... Unique. Haven't seen something like this and I liked how it was made. I've even managed to speak to the owner of the place, a nice man indeed.

And thus, another hat was added to my collection. The boar tusk helmet! One could argue if an armor should count but... It goes on head, it's a hat. Simple as that, as simple as that man.
The next very place I managed to stumble upon, was a village of Sol. A village in my humble opinion cute. I spend a while contemplating it's inside and outside, especially the resting area around breathing tree, spitting out heartwood leaves... Athought, it's citizen were neither talkactive or moving around when I was passing by.

Ever wondered why I care so much about ruins, filled with pavement or not? Let your imagination kick in for a moment. See this green square inside basalt pave? There was standing once a house, yellow brick representing borders or walk path, the arrow target, abandoned long time ago, but still, have it marks of the pasts, even, as it is now, still inside it. Every small place has it's history, as every created artifact has. But as your item can't tell You it's story, this ruins here, can.
The village of Tiny town, where at least someone talked to me, not like in Sol village. Alas, I couldn't aquire a hat here, but at least, got complimented on my feather band from Nyaka's! That's atleast something, as for me, as maybe, even for Nyaka herself, I hope. You might not believe me, but they had their eyes on the land they built. The ground here... everywhere You look, is a beatiful place! As long as not touched by the hand of man... or woman!
Foxland, I quite suspect something unusuall from a place named like this. I wasn't disappointed. Those... pyramids? Ziggurats? Whatever. Looks so cool! And guess who I met after I had to leave this magnificent land...
From time to time, too often for my likings, I found areas like this... It's a very rape of nature itself, done by a man. I heard rumors of lumberjacks and their tasks but this... This ain't looking like one of their jobs, in fact, even before, places like weren't unusuall, but rather, a common beings to exists. I always felt guilty of stuff like this, sometimes, I took the wood and used it. We are the very darkness of each world. But even in that darkness, there's a light.
The skull wasn't very promising...
Especially on the land of bluehogs, I could find a lot of places like this... I mean, I like to have double doors to my house but this... is ugly to me. However, enraged by the previous entire forests being cut down, I had to punch nature myself into it's face. And thus, my first very animal was hunt down. Time to eat folks! Chip left a runestone in my name.
Next place was an abandoned village of The Stormforge. By design, I enjoyed it's view and let my imagination works it's magic, by seeing phantoms of what people could live and do here. Suddenly for a few seconds, filling the place with live, even if only in my mind. Not far much, I've hit the dragons land. Out of fear, I couldn't pass even further beyond, so I just stopped and let Chip to play with it's friend.
At the end of the day, I found two places I'll remember, nothing special, but not every day You find a box on a islet, filled with hemp stuff and a pipe. However have done that... You're a cool person! Second one was a den, filled with tailor machinery. Thanks to it, I could use up all wool I've collected so far. It was one of bigger dens I've seen on top of that.
Last edited by Aceb on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Day 4
And so I wake in the morning and I step outside, And I take a deep breath and get real mad,
And I scream from the top of my lungs, Why they waste so much space?!

Previous day, I saw a couple of villages, claiming for themself a lot of forests spaces, with have no use or rather, I do not see what kind of use it would have... Surely it is not to protect the nature. Enough rambling of my own nature. Warrior's remedy village. This place redemed, hehe, it to myself by having such cool mountain with charter stone on top of it. I hope someone in the future would make me such grave like this! Only those random hearthfires makes it looks uglier.

Ever wondered about your hearthlife? It's meaning? I do, from time to time. Some people during my travels, were complaining how it is a boredom life. I always ask them why is it, thier view, like that? Usually, the answer is like, once You make your home the way You want it, there's nothing else to do, just increasing numbers. Is it really like it? No, I'll always refuse that view of reality. There are people, who want to experience some adventures, friendships and creativity of people! As long as those people are there, for that long it is worth living for.
Here lies Amice... Rest in peace, Amice.
Hemp lands, Flax lands, Wheat lands... but... but pumpking land is a new experience for me to see! It represents so much more hardwork to do than just harvest & replant...

Again, "this" place... During my travels, I found a lot of places like this, randomly scattered mostly around hedgehugs lands. Is it what safepali looks like? I can at least admit, they are a very clean people, but so many of those... Well. At least there's not so much nature wasted around this camps.

[i]What it does mean to win the game? Can You really win here? One man can rule a piece of land. A one person might try to rule a kingdom, but without a strong group, it won't be possible. Strong group still can be defeat by much stronger group or by smaller groups combined together. I am sure, all together, that to rule entire world, is impossible. For a moment, it might be possible to achieve but, will You be allowed to maintain things in such manner for a long? My conclusion is always one... Sometimes it is just enough to play the game, not every game must be won. Not every game is possible to win. Experience. Experience tranquility.

All this phi-philosophy can make one hungry for sure! Seen too many graves, nicely made. Got carried away with too many serious thoughts! Time for a small break, right Chip?

Oh my, this is exactly what I am talking about! Looks at this magnificent place! Arkham horror! I almost regret not being able to get inside, but sure as heck, the man who built it up, had his imagination going the right way! I'm satisfacted but still, I carve for more...! So outsdanding that I forgot to fill my bucket with fresh water.

Really I wish I could have spend more time around Asylum, but being not able to get inside was making it pointless. Maybe in the future, I'll come back to this place to view it once more. It is really nice! Maybe hey, someone, one day, someone will make a tourist atraction and later cash people for being let in? Hmm... that's actually a cool idea, isn't it?

The abandoned village of Solace, I was quite lucky finding this place. It gave me an opportunity to change my rags into fresh, new clothes I could make out of wool, that was lying around in large quantities, use some bones to craft a wild man jewelry and some food and tea to refresh myself with. When time came, to scavenge houses, I got shocked... A strong, male horse inside small cabin! At first, I did not know if I should be either mad, that someone left this horse to die horrible death of starvation here or to feel lucky to have a horse of my own now! The horse name was KillBill, quite characteristic if I would dare to say. Also, I found a hat! First obtained even it is just another boar tusk helmet! When I was about to quit, I found another survivor from this village. Go forth my pink friend. Be free and became a beatiful walrus or whatever You dream is, pinkie.

Hey Mr. Momo! It's third time we meet each other! Nice to see You, again!

One of last stops this day, is a village called Aerondale, belonging to Lord Cmoon. Here, I met Cmoon and His beatiful friend, living in a very nice and tidy village. Here's the 3rd hat I aquired, a druid helmet. Delicious hat, indeed, had no hopes to actually get this one! I wanted to give KillBill in return to them, but they had no need of neither keeping or saving this poor horse. Not so far, I found a white horse, which was let out from Aerondale. A friend exchange but still I had to put KillBill into eternal rest. I've traveling with it on my hands, before I found suitable place for it's grave. No, to a popular phrase of "Are You gonna eat that?", I did not.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Aceb » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 pm

Day 5

Dragons, what are those mystical creatures, no one knows. All we know, is that when we reach a no-man zone, dragons rules the land far beyond. What strength those poses? Does our green buddies stand as a match for them or would just like us, just being a free food on the reach? We will never know. All what we know, is... Here be dragons! That means I'm still pretty often hitting north wall. My den has been safe from travelers and explorers, as my Not so wild but Wild Horse from Aerondale was still in here, with me.
It was almost like in real life! Real life? What? Isn't this a real life...? Well... those at least left a small gap for waterflow, so it's not blocked. Else, I wonder how the flooding of heartlands looks like... Of course, this vision is completely pain-free as no living creature was involved im my vision. Maybe.

Unfortunately for me, a bigger misfortune for my friend, it was no longer able to walk. As same as with KillBill, I found a quite, nice place to burry it. Rest well my white friend, my the soil be good for You. As sad as it is, Chip decided to disappear from my hand as well. Just magically disappeared... Why Chip, why...? Lizards, Beetles, those can live in my pocket for thousands of year but You... my fellow, little yellow best friend had to poof and whoosh...

Sometimes, people are stubborn enough to remove even ruins of what a village used to be. I don't like this. Fortunately for me, there's sometimes lefties to see and explore... underground! As far as it is for now, those are perfect places to imagine everything the same way as I do with ruins above. Exception is that, instead of tailors, bakers and hunters, I can see miners, blacksmith and hermits. Especially those last ones, as they live or leave behind the most beatiful undeground settlements. Is that the price of not caring about being the best? That You look nicer along with your home? Perhaps... Perhaps... Oh wait, is that a boar tusk helmet?!
People use to say to me that beggars can't be choosers but from the other hand, isn't it easier for them to feel like kings? A person who have nothing, will see a value in everything useful that come in hand. Especially cupboards full of food! On top of that, Laurel leaves looks nice on someone's head, right? Thank You little buddy, for showing me a way to 6th hat!
Yes, I was mean enough to steal another chick and call it Chip. Also, I think pit clays are nicest natural resources that exist on hearthland. Everytime I come to other stuff, it just literally attacks me with mean words!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar