Game Development: Bandy Rudolf

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Bandy Rudolf

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added the ability to "Bandy" with other players. If you bandy with someone you open a shared inventory with that character, to which both of you can dump, and from which both of you can take, items. If either of you walk away the window will close. If the window closes for any reason, all items in it will scatter. Suggested here.
  • Added "Reindeer", creature. Will make these possible to domesticate at some point.
  • Added "Irrlantern", lantern made from Irrlights. Can't be put out, but burns for about 2RL weeks. Suggested here.
  • Added one new experience.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Made it so that you now, when travelling down a mineshaft, crime check against both the claim above ground and against potential claims below ground, this in order to prevent situations where you, due to a visitor debuff, can travel down a mineshaft, but not back up again. Also made it so that you get a "free" trespass, akin to how charter stones have always worked, whenever traveling onto a claim through a mineshaft, cave entrances/exits, or by road.
  • The quest pointer now changes both graphically and in terms of tooltip to indicate that a quest giver is underground, as soon as you get close enough that you would otherwise have seen the quest giver. Implicitly suggested by a million bug reports, and here.
  • Changed the mine support removal rules so that, whenever a mine support is removed, all tiles under it are checked for unstable mine tiles. If there are unstable tiles within range, which are now, with the removal of the mine support, unsupported, the removal will cause a cave in. This means that you can now tear down mine supports without cave ins, if you still have proper support around it. Suggested here.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Tame horses should have less inclinations to attack archers on their own accord when provoked by arrows. Suggested here.
  • Fixed a bug with sketches being applied weirdly when applied to the internal doors of great halls. Reported in PM.
  • Increased internal size of Wicker Picker by one row and one column. Not sure that actually makes it useful, but lacking ideas for how to actually and properly balance it against traveler's sacks.
  • Einherjer aspect now gives 25% ancestor bonus, rather than 20%.
  • Fresh foxhide is now called Fresh, rather than Raw. Reported here.
  • Fixed a bug by which barrel excess could be destroyed when transferring seeds. Reported here.
  • Fixed a bug by which full strawbaskets had dropped an animation. Reported here and here.
  • Increased decay timer on easter eggs.
  • Made it so that Battle Standards can, samurai style, be worn in the cape or backpack slots.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $10, is the "Tinfoil Hat".

Store Description wrote:Image$10 A state of the art, multilayered, tinfoil hat, to keep the transmissions from the Black Planet, and the Orbital Mind Control Laser, soundly out.

All Gold & Silver subscribers have been awarded the Tinfoil Hat, free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Bandy Rudolf

Postby Onep » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:38 am

NOICE
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby trinh » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:38 am

Weee! More fun!
trinh

Postby Ants » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:43 am

Please let us shear and milk reindeer. And make rudolph's nose a curiosity you can get from butchering them.
https://www.hollandwool.nl/en/fibers/ha ... endierhaar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reindeer_cheese
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Tilia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 am

Oooo Reindeer games me likey.
Tilia

Postby Redlaw » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 am

Looks good over all. Woot new lantern type lol.
Redlaw

Postby azrid » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 am

thats not a 2handed sword
azrid

Postby Granger » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 am

jorb wrote:Changed the mine support removal rules so that, whenever a mine support is removed, all tiles under it are checked for unstable mine tiles. If there are unstable tiles within range, which are now, with the removal of the mine support, unsupported, the removal will cause a cave in. This means that you can now tear down mine supports without cave ins, if you still have proper support around it. Suggested here.

Finally. Thank you.

Some shekels incoming as a reward.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Arbor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:18 am

around 200 hp easy too kill
Meat givs Per and dex

[img]https://gyazo.com/a7e8936daead0d1455946173bc881026
[/img]
Last edited by Arbor on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arbor

Postby » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:23 am

I already used the new Bandy feature to give medicine to a new villager who needs to get perms from the village lawspeaker. It was so seamless and easy to give the item I forgot he still needed permissions and that it would have been a hassle not long before.
Last edited by on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Announcements