Commune with nature broken?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Commune with nature broken?

Postby kris_hole » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:15 am

How is it even supposed to work now? i've used it 5 times in the area i'm now in on the game and not one of trees its given me has been even remotely "local", every single one has been at least a 15/20 minute walk with my horse from where my HF/where i stand to cast it is yet credo quests are giving me trees within spitting distance. What gives?
kris_hole

Re: Commune with nature broken?

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:21 am

It doesn't give "local" quests. It just gives a quest. The distance is, if I recall jorb's statement correctly, based on how many quests you've completed. If you have no nature spirits nearby, you're not going to get one near, anyway.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby kris_hole » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:21 am

in that case the tooltip needs changing then as that suggests otherwise

"You believe you could seek out some awoken part of the locality by communing with nature and reading her signs"

Also, there are a lot of quest trees/rocks much closer than the ones its giving as i've had them with credo quests. its just a bit shit that i can't generate xp for the realm i'm in because commune with nature is making me leave the realm for quests.
kris_hole

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:26 am

Not a bug. It's not a perfectly predictable process, and nor should it be.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:45 pm

I think you're making assumptions about what "locality" should be defined as.

Credo quests don't use the 'normal' quest rules from what I've gathered. They give you locations based on the needs of the credo, not based on your normal questing. Simple credos tend to use close spirits no matter how many other quests you've done; difficult credos can send you on a wild goose chase to complete even if you've done no other quests.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby kris_hole » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 pm

"part of the locality" does heavily suggest local area, and i would wager that the majority of people would interpretate it as such.

But yeah makes sense that its not a simple "here's a new quest at your doorstep" and I agree it would be easily abused if it was simple. I just think its really shit that i was at one location where every quest i had was actually local within a 2 minute horse ride of my settlement, i've moved to another area of the realm i'm in and now every quest i'm completing is essentially benefiting rival realms as i'm being forced to complete quests in other areas because commune with nature is just refusing to give me any quest givers within the realm i'm actually living in.

Yet my alt uses commune with nature and its literally gave me a quest tree on my doorstep. I completely understand that it'll be along the lines of "the more you've done the further you should go" but that been said, if you just move location to another part of the world it should at least give you one decent line to still benefit the realm you're in. Even if it does have to send me off to the arse end of nowhere, if it can do that and keep me within the realm I live in, it probably should. My understanding of realm autho is that its just gained by anybody completing quests within its borders?
kris_hole

Postby kris_hole » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:55 pm

honestly i rely on quests for experience and this has just made the game way less attractive to play now. before i left my last village i had 4 quest givers that would constantly give me quests in the local area all within a 4/5 minute walk of each other on a horse where as now I have to be prepared to hike for 30 minutes to every quest i get given. I understand why commune with nature shouldn't just be an arbitrary "here is a tree right next to you" but this is just ridiculous on my main. 2 more uses and one of them actually took me to a quest tree near my previous village on the other side of the realm, i gave up walking to the next one after getting stuck against a lake at the northern border of the world after walking for 25 minutes. There is nothing fun about walking for 30/40 minutes per quest in hopes of getting some xp or some hunger drain, not a single thing is fun about this and it just prevents you from being able to put any time in to anything else.

Ultimately, this means that if you've completed any real number of quests and you move to a new location you're pretty much fucked.
kris_hole

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DPblH » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 am

Moved several months ago for about 150+ minimaps and everything is ok. Do not use communne with nature, just drop all quests and wait. Worked fine for me, all new questgivers ale pretty local.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby kris_hole » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:01 pm

DPblH wrote:Moved several months ago for about 150+ minimaps and everything is ok. Do not use communne with nature, just drop all quests and wait. Worked fine for me, all new questgivers ale pretty local.

I'll give it a try, thanks
kris_hole

Next

Return to Bugs