Game Development: Post Rose

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Post Rose

Postby jorb » Tue May 29, 2018 1:06 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Made it so that crops no longer need to be harvested the second they finish in order achieve their minimum cycle time. Whenever you destroy or harvest a crop the time the crop harvested had spent in the last growth stage is saved per tile or trellis. That time, up to a point, will then be added to your next planting on that tile. Do note that if you do not replant within a certain period, the retained time will be lost. Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time.
  • Added "Postbox", container. You can hold an item and right click the box to insert the item, assuming it fits. You can also put a lock on the box. Suggested here.
  • Added "Rose Gold", precious alloy of gold, copper, and silver. Suggested here.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Added tooltip names and icons to equipment points, and a highlight effect indicating what slots a held item can go in. Suggested here.
  • Moved the ability to attack other players on claims where you have permissions from Trespassing to Vandalism permission. Discussed here.
  • Anyone with vandalism permissions on a claim may now forcibly declaim a Barter Stand on that claim through the stand's interface. Doing so is as such only a crime of trespassing, and destroys all giving and taking hands associated with the stand.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Changed the distribution of metal materials of the Metal Cabinet to what was actually intended. Sorry if I messed your designs up. Also made it so that you can put locks on it.
  • Fixed a bug by which studying Caveslime did not complete quests asking one to do precisely that. Also fixed a typo in the fluid being named "Caveslimes", rather than "Caveslime".
  • Tower and Poppy caps now consider cave tiles as their natural tiles, increasing their growth speed there. Suggested here.
  • Remade the lamb sausage slightly to have it influenced less by pig/boar meat. Suggested here.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $10, is the "Circus Director's Tophat".

Store Description wrote:Image$10 This suave tophat will assure any prospective audience that no clowns are running your circus!

All Gold & Silver subscribers have been awarded the Circus Director's Tophat, free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Post Rose

Postby Ants » Tue May 29, 2018 1:09 am

Rose gold is orange. Kinda looks like raw flesh, like goat wool.

Can't wait to make a flesh throne.
Last edited by Ants on Tue May 29, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Redlaw » Tue May 29, 2018 1:10 am

Looks rosely nice.
Redlaw

Postby VoodooDog » Tue May 29, 2018 1:11 am

pls lemme kill these swamp mosquito shits :(
VoodooDog

Postby Ants » Tue May 29, 2018 1:12 am

Trying to fill buckets from extraction presses crashes the game.
VoodooDog wrote:pls lemme kill these swamp mosquito shits :(

Yeah man we need a fly swatter or maybe some bug spray to make them gtfo.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Tilia » Tue May 29, 2018 1:14 am

Trying to chop wood crashes the game. Edit: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Could not find class haven.Equipory$SlotInfo in resource (ui/tt/equed(v3))
Last edited by Tilia on Tue May 29, 2018 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tilia

Postby loftar » Tue May 29, 2018 1:14 am

Ants wrote:Trying to fill buckets from extraction presses crashes the game.

Not for me. Custom client issue? I don't quite understand what I'd even have done that would require a client update to not crash.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:17 am

jorb wrote:Made it so that crops no longer need to be harvested the second they finish in order achieve their minimum cycle time. Whenever you destroy or harvest a crop the time the crop harvested had spent in the last growth stage is saved per tile or trellis. That time, up to a point, will then be added to your next planting on that tile. Do note that if you do not replant within a certain period, the retained time will be lost. Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem to do anything to stop bots from planting a crop every hour to maximize quality gain rolls. Though it definitely is a welcome change.
DDDsDD999

Postby loftar » Tue May 29, 2018 1:18 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem to do anything to stop bots from planting a crop every hour to maximize quality gain rolls. Though it definitely is a welcome change.

You tell me why it wouldn't work, but that's exactly what it was intended to make unnecessary. Since you don't lose anything from waiting a day or two with replanting, there should be no need to bot it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Reyajh » Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 am

"...Oh, I love my, rosey child.. She got the.." Interesting change to farming. Maybe now we humans may have half a chance :P
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Next

Return to Announcements