Suggest minor QoL improvements here

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Suggest minor QoL improvements here

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:51 am

]Alternative to making thread to every little thing that comes to people's minds. Do make a thread though if your idea affects game balance or interacts with other things more than just changing UI for the better.

Sprites/inventory icons that would help see things without having to hover over/click them:
-Leather Purse should have separate sprites for being empty and containing something. this is currently the case; difference is slight but clear. Not sure if it has always been and didn't notice.

-Cave Dust should have two separate sprites, one for stacks containing .1-.49 and another for stacks containing .50 kilograms.

-Cave Slime should have two separate sprites, one for stacks containing .1-.49 and another for stacks containing .50 liters.

Ants wrote:Add a text prompt before you consume a game time token asking "Are you sure you want to use this token?" to prevent people from misclicking and accidentally using tokens when they mean to put them in their hearthfire.

Vesena wrote:Add a timer to taking possession of study desks.

Attas wrote:When you're peeking through a door, minehole or stairs, the little floating eye should appear, just like roads and charter stones.
Last edited by vatas on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Suggest minor QoL improvements here

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Add a timer to the empty button on granaries.
DDDsDD999

Postby Reyajh » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Whatever suggestion is considered for the empty button on granaries, please extend it to barrels and w/e else as well.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby Ants » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:23 am

Let us see the quality of what's inside barrels.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby vatas » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:14 am

Reyajh wrote:Whatever suggestion is considered for the empty button on granaries, please extend it to barrels and w/e else as well.

I think barrels already have hourglass when emptying. Once managed to click it instead of "craft all" when making butter and didn't realize what I did until it was too late. Only lost 15 liters so it wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe add some sort of "cancel" button since right now only way to abort the process is to move your character which can be easier said than done if you've surrounded yourself with objects and/or minor panic of losing all your seeds sets in.

Ants wrote:Let us see the quality of what's inside barrels.

+1
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Reyajh » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am

vatas wrote:
Reyajh wrote:Whatever suggestion is considered for the empty button on granaries, please extend it to barrels and w/e else as well.

I think barrels already have hourglass when emptying. Once managed to click it instead of "craft all" when making butter and didn't realize what I did until it was too late. Only lost 15 liters so it wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe add some sort of "cancel" button since right now only way to abort the process is to move your character which can be easier said than done if you've surrounded yourself with objects and/or minor panic of losing all your seeds sets in.

Exactly, and there isn't enough time given, which is why I have previously suggested in another thread, a confirmation screen. I believe others have as well... Or even have it just dump them on the ground, but then of course now, with everything being remembered by the server and possibly showing up again in a later dig, I think the confirmation screen is best.

Ants wrote:Let us see the quality of what's inside barrels.

+1, as well :)
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby Ants » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:24 am

Mushroom stockpiles. We need mushroom stockpiles. It's a pain in the butt to harvest a bunch of potted mushrooms and have to put them in cabinets.

And can we get some recipes that use miscellaneous nuts? I'd like to be able to cook with withercorn. And kvann is useless, it would be nice to be able to use kvann for something.
Last edited by Ants on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ants

Postby Lyrroth » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:27 am

Ants wrote:Mushroom stockpiles. We need mushroom stockpiles. It's a pain in the butt to harvest a bunch of potted mushrooms and have to put them in cabinets.

infinite stockpiles for whole garden!
Lyrroth

Postby Ants » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:40 am

A button to automatically put all seeds of a certain type in a barrel or granary would be useful.
Lyrroth wrote:
Ants wrote:Mushroom stockpiles. We need mushroom stockpiles. It's a pain in the butt to harvest a bunch of potted mushrooms and have to put them in cabinets.

infinite stockpiles for whole garden!

I mean, 99% of crops can already be stockpiled. Mushroom stockpiles just seem like an obvious thing to add. :D
Ants

Postby Vesena » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Add a timer to taking possession of study desks.
Vesena

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas