Game Development: Locked Bollock

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Locked Bollock

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added locks for houses. You may now install locks on houses. Suggested here, here, and here.
  • Added two/three new lock types: Wooden Lock, and Steel Lock, and transitioned previous lock resources to the new type Metal Lock.
  • Added Lockpicking. Locks on houses and containers, but not on Knarrs or gates, can now be picked. If you encounter a locked door or container, you may attempt to pick it with a new action icon "Pick Lock", under the Adventure Menu, available with "Locks & Bolts". When you pick a lock, the geometric mean of your Dex, Int, and Stealth values are compared against the installed lock's quality, modified by a unique factor per lock type, to determine a picking time. The time required to pick a lock ranges from a low of more or less zero time, to a high of 24 RL hours. Beyond that you can't pick the lock at all. Once the timer expires, the lock is picked, and you may enter/open. The lock remains picked until someone with a proper key uses the door or container in question again.
  • There are security implications to this lock implementation that I'm sure we're not aware of, due to the peculiarities of your base designs, so I advice you to install the proper locks you want set. As a precaution we made it so that you can never install a lock if it would be a crime to do so. I hope that introducing this doesn't cause any huge problems for anyone.
  • Introduced animal castration. Male domestic animals can now be castrated. When you castrate animals you receive a "Bollock" of the relevant type, which can be roasted or used in meat recipes. Suggested here.
  • Added Fox Skeleton

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Knarr cargo holds should now be easier to access despite Knarr drift, and Knarrs shouldn't drift quite as far.
  • Can now aggro through Slimes.
  • Raw Goat meat can no longer be eaten. Copied code error.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $10, is the "Plumber's Plunger", and it's even animated!

Store Description wrote:Image$10 If you ever felt like you had something nasty lodged firmly between your shoulders, the Plumber's Plunger might be just the solution for your ails.

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the Plumber's Plunger, free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Due to the vagaries of life there will be no patch next week. Aiming for the week thereafter.
  • The main dev focus is the client rendering rewrite, and patches will be small until that has been completed.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Locked Bollock

Postby Hose » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:44 am

Issa Update.
Hose

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 am

Now people can theif if they can muhahaha, no one has the skills I bet.... unless there prue PvPs. so watch out they got in mteal locks or not muahahhahahaha. Kingdoms might fall to the might lock pick (which should be an item now).
Redlaw

Postby Daaneesh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:51 am

You'll add something as pointless as castrating animals but not potatoes? xD
Daaneesh

Postby kitamuort » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:00 am

I castrated an horse and now I can't interact with him anymore
kitamuort

Postby pheonix » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:03 am

Larger keyrings next then please?
pheonix

Postby medulla14 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:04 am

kitamuort wrote:I castrated an horse and now I can't interact with him anymore

If I was a horse, I would not want anything to do with you after something like that lol
medulla14

Postby Dakkan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 am

After you deal with the horse issue, the store hasn't updated for the new hat yet either.

Edit: Thar we go.
Last edited by Dakkan on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dakkan

Postby loftar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 am

That's so weird. I was sure I explicitly tested that. Should be fixed now, anyway.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 am

Justice!
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Next

Return to Announcements