Don't cancel that Nauker quest

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Don't cancel that Nauker quest

Postby CaddoPuma » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 pm

The quest giver, Nauker is now accessible to the public!

nauker.jpg
CaddoPuma

Re: Don't cancel that Nauker quest

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:18 am

Looks nice.
Cool screenshot.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby shubla » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:42 am

its a trap, dont go!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Dondy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 pm

The trap may be that Nauker will give you a quest that requires you to travel overland for two and a half days and only rewards you with 115 exp.
Dondy

Postby infectedking3 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:21 pm

only reason he's opening it for public is for that local resource quality increase

10/10 would abandon again to not benefit the waller of questgivers
infectedking3

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:07 am

infectedking3 wrote:only reason he's opening it for public is for that local resource quality increase

But by keeping it walled and secured isn't he doing the area a service by preventing the inadvertent destruction of a quest giver?

Isn't protecting a quest giver also a necessary evil to raise the surrounding areas quality sufficiently for foraging to be worthwhile?
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby qoonpooka » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:06 am

Depending upon the range of the effect, he may even have paved the zone where the quality is improved.
qoonpooka

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 am

qoonpooka wrote:Depending upon the range of the effect, he may even have paved the zone where the quality is improved.

Given the randomness of it... Sure, something got squashed (but maybe not), but maybe something else nearby is good and will only get better. However, given the number of players and the number of possible rewards, I don't think it'll matter in the long run unless the world runs 10 years with a steady stream of people wandering into that quest giver.

But you bring up a good point. Don't hide your nature spirits behind locked doors. You might be missing out on improving your own quality of materials.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby qoonpooka » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:49 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
qoonpooka wrote:Depending upon the range of the effect, he may even have paved the zone where the quality is improved.

Given the randomness of it... Sure, something got squashed (but maybe not), but maybe something else nearby is good and will only get better. However, given the number of players and the number of possible rewards, I don't think it'll matter in the long run unless the world runs 10 years with a steady stream of people wandering into that quest giver.

But you bring up a good point. Don't hide your nature spirits behind locked doors. You might be missing out on improving your own quality of materials.

I like this reward system because it creates community. Where I'm at there's a cluster of five questgivers in close proximity to each other, the space between them will eventually become a valuable commons.
qoonpooka

Postby CaddoPuma » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 am

infectedking3 wrote:only reason he's opening it for public is for that local resource quality increase

You give me too much credit. I don't even know to what Q increase you are referring. I've been wanting to do this since I joined this village we built the palisade, many months ago. The previous LS suggested I should just cut the tree down because building the access would be too much trouble. And it WAS a LOT of work. But I'd do it again because I believe in being a good neighbor. I find it quite telling about the manner of person you are that you would jump to such conclusions and publicly state them as if they were documented fact without ever having met me or even had a conversation with me about my motives for doing this...or about anything at all, actually.
CaddoPuma

Next

Return to The Moot