Suggest minor QoL improvements here

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Suggest minor QoL improvements here

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 am

Let the OP take all the suggestions in this thread and edit the original post with them. Also..

I would like to have personal claim presence only increase when the owning character is actually on the claimed area. There could be a buffer to hold the LP gains happening with the character being off the claim (to not make it a disincentive to leaving it for quests and whatnot) till the character reenters it, but after a reasonable timeframe (like a day) any off-claim gains should be voided.

Would add immense QoL as the characters owning resource claims would have a reason to show up so (we don't have to siege L5 vaults to get to them, which we can't anyway as they basically only login to refill the study every some weeks) while at the same time not impact normal characters (as the LP gains happen the moment of login there should be enough time to transfer them to the claim).

Also, this is huge, I think this deserves its own thread.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby neeco » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:30 am

I would like to have personal claim presence only increase when the owning character is actually on the claimed area. There could be a buffer to hold the LP gains happening with the character being off the claim (to not make it a disincentive to leaving it for quests and whatnot) till the character reenters it, but after a reasonable timeframe (like a day) any off-claim gains should be voided.

Would add immense QoL as the characters owning resource claims would have a reason to show up so (we don't have to siege L5 vaults to get to them, which we can't anyway as they basically only login to refill the study every some weeks) while at the same time not impact normal characters (as the LP gains happen the moment of login there should be enough time to transfer them to the claim).

I think this basically just encourages having more accounts to serve as claim holders.

As someone who has a lot of claims for various things, safe houses, quest hubs, resource claims, I would be mildly inconvenienced at most. Make a new acc for each claim. Transfer bonds over. Give them a couple curios to study now and then. Log them once a month *cough* bots *cough*. Study desks don't have to be near the owner. Can have all study desks in my main plot/base for refills. Easy.
W9: Hermit
W10: LS of EoCity
W11: God King Emperor of the East [Retired]
W12: Wouldn't you like to know

jorb wrote:The running server is the test server.
neeco

Postby vatas » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 am

Attas wrote:When you're peeking through a door, minehole or stairs, the little floating eye should appear, just like roads and charter stones.

Hold Shift while clicking to enter. It used to be other way around (peek by default, shift to enter right away) but people were tired of having to double-click every time they wanted to use door, minehole, or stairs.

neeco wrote:
Ants wrote:Also, colored cabinets please?

I think this is going to happen at some point already. I forget the exact post, but i remember Jorbtar saying something about the possibility of everything becoming variable material once they have something else done. Vague, I know. Sorry. My memory is not perfect and I can't find the post currently.

IIRC Loftar said that if he can improve the efficiency of how client handles variable materials, more things will receive them as they would have less impact on performance.

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Let the OP take all the suggestions in this thread and edit the original post with them.

I'll look into it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Granger » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:14 am

neeco wrote:Study desks don't have to be near the owner. Can have all study desks in my main plot/base for refills. Easy.

Since when are study desk refillable by a character that's not the owner?
Last time I checked I could steal from one but not put new curios in there, but that's a while ago right after they have been introduced...

If so: This needs to go away, ASAP. Only one being able to queue new stuff to study should be the character owning the desk.

neeco wrote:Make a new acc for each claim. Transfer bonds over. Give them a couple curios to study now and then. Log them once a month *cough* bots *cough*.

And the XP for the curios comes from the realm coffers?
If so: Another thing that needs to be on the way out.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby shubla » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:27 am

button to instantly reset the world
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Granger wrote:
neeco wrote:Study desks don't have to be near the owner. Can have all study desks in my main plot/base for refills. Easy.

Since when are study desk refillable by a character that's not the owner?
Last time I checked I could steal from one but not put new curios in there, but that's a while ago right after they have been introduced...

They always have been, the owning character just has to be logged in. I completely agree that the owning character should have to be the one to load it.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby vatas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:16 am

Inspired by recent activity in Grand List of Simple Questions. Add snarky error message when you try to mine in a Burrow.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Reyajh » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:35 pm

neeco wrote:
Ants wrote:Also, colored cabinets please?

I think this is going to happen at some point already. I forget the exact post, but i remember Jorbtar saying something about the possibility of everything becoming variable material once they have something else done. Vague, I know. Sorry. My memory is not perfect and I can't find the post currently.

This post is what you were referring to...

loftar wrote:...3. Future work
...The main things I see once the new client is in use are the following: ...
[*]Instancing of variable materials: Most material varations are in textures only, and in theory such textures can be stuffed into array textures and then instanced, reducing draw call overhead for them by a lot. Probably, this will allow a much greater range of things to have variable materials, like wooden crates, barrels, herbalist tables, individual wall segments, &c&c. ...

Can't wait! Hopefully, it will allow for such variable material objects ><><

vatas wrote:Inspired by recent activity in Grand List of Simple Questions. Add snarky error message when you try to mine in a Burrow.

"These walls are nothing more than loose dirt... Not sure I want to try that here." :lol:
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby Massa » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:45 pm

delete slimes
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Over a year late, but updated OP.

vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas