Game Development: Blazing Trellis

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blazing Trellis

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:38 am

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:
Thedrah wrote:hope for curio rework soon

To what effect?

Satiation for curios!

Punish players for studying same set of curios and encourage some variety.

shit idea instead of nerfing good curios in to shit curios buff shit curios so they become relevant.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:38 am

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:
Thedrah wrote:hope for curio rework soon

To what effect?

Satiation for curios!

Punish players for studying same set of curios and encourage some variety.

Oh yes, curios are the thing that needs nerfs. Not charisma and questing.
Mario_Demorez

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:47 am

wonder-ass wrote:shit idea instead of nerfing good curios in to shit curios buff shit curios so they become relevant.

That does not work.
There will always be some optimal set of curios that you will study, and nothing else, with the current system, rebalancing will never fix this.
Satiation-like system for curios would solve this problem.

With current system it makes little to no sense to add more curios to the game.

If you study same thing over and over you will get bored.
There should be "boredom" for each curio, that increases when you study that curio. The bigger the boredom, less are the gains from it (or longer study time?)
To decrease boredom you could do two things, either study different curios, which would decrease some amount of boredom from other curios. Or then you could just wait, boredom of curios would decrease over time if you dont study them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:50 am

shubla wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:shit idea instead of nerfing good curios in to shit curios buff shit curios so they become relevant.

That does not work.
There will always be some optimal set of curios that you will study, and nothing else, with the current system, rebalancing will never fix this.
Satiation-like system for curios would solve this problem.

With current system it makes little to no sense to add more curios to the game.

hows nerfing the good curios gonna fix this ?? there will always be an optimal route for people trying to maximize their gains.
wonder-ass

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:53 am

wonder-ass wrote:hows nerfing the good curios gonna fix this ?? there will always be an optimal route for people trying to maximize their gains.

Did you even read the idea?

Problem: There are many curios in the game, but people only study small set of them, because there is no sense in ever making/foraging the other ones, because they are worse.

Solution: My solution above.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Dakkan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 am

We already have variation from week to week in curios based on what people feel like making, and what we have saved up. I'm sure even smaller groups and hermits have more varied "goto" curios. Sure there are some that everyone prefers, but then there are others that probably see production in some villages but not others.

Absolutely pathetic curios need to be made relevant to at least some part of the world progression. There are some curios that I looked at during the beginning of the world and thought "I'd never study that!" And this hasn't changed at the end of the world for them.
Dakkan

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 am

shubla wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:hows nerfing the good curios gonna fix this ?? there will always be an optimal route for people trying to maximize their gains.

Did you even read the idea?

oke lets say your idea makes it so you can only do a set curio once a day ill have 2 sets of curios ill put in every other day to bypass the stupid variety debuff.
fixed aboslutly nothing, to make it relevant it would have to be a couple days which would make the already useless curio system even more useless.
wonder-ass

Postby algeralith » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:22 am

Honestly, all curiosities need to just be looked at. There are just so many trash ones, and only a handful of decent curios that people tend to stick with.
Nerfing is not always the solution, sometimes it might be best to just buff things.
And I think it'd be best for jorb to go ahead and buff a lot of other curiosities to be a lot more competitive.

I mean, for fucks sake, when was the last time any of your guys studied something like a Porcelain Doll.
And that thing is annoying to make.

People just stick with metal curiosities since spiraling improves their quality and they are easy to make.
I would not mind seeing an update that is purely meant to buff underused curiosities.
algeralith

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:33 am

I think instead of reworking curios they could just add another layer to them. Think Final Fantasy Ability Points. You wear shit that might not be so good because if you wear it for a long time you fill an experience bar that ultimately gives you a skill or something.

What if studying curios has another layer like this. Like say curios were somewhat split in to groups, and metal curios when studied gave a point in to some passive smithing efficacy type skill. Like maybe after studying a couple hundred metal curios you just finally "get it" you know. Like man I have made hundreds of fuckin things out of metal and pondered them and gazed at them for hours and I now officially truly understand how to be a better smith.

Maybe particularly shitty curios, large sized curios or strange and super rare ones have totally separate bars to fill. Maybe extremely good ones simply dont have one, or only offer points to extremely generic bars.

This whole idea can also be applied to clothing and armours that are mostly useless too.
Zentetsuken

Previous

Return to Announcements