To the person I ran into...

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

To the person I ran into...

Postby sparrowbee » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:36 pm

(Not sure if this is the right topic but here it goes.)

Hi! We ran into each other by chance. I was exploring underground and found what I thought was an abandoned base. There were no claims or walls. I looked around and was about to leave when you popped in.

You attacked me, knocked me out, and took all my stuff. You know I didn't take anything of yours. My inventory was full of cave forageables. The stuff I had was super nice - my quills, my 500+ pickaxe, my sword - but what I miss the most is my Master Key.

(And yes, now I know why I should never travel with my Master. Feel free to laugh anyway. I deserve it.)

I consider everything else that was taken to be my idiot tax. The master key is the only thing I'd really like back.

I'm sorry for trespassing. It really was just some awful luck on my part. Also, I admit that I did try to fight back eventually after you had overtaken me. I figured I could maybe knock you out and run away. I was super wrong about that though!

So, if we could arrange a time for me to get the key back from you that would be just great. Otherwise... Idk. I guess I'm an idiot looking for a village?
sparrowbee

Re: To the person I ran into...

Postby zebratul » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:23 pm

There is no justice in the cold Hearthlands.
zebratul

Postby lwdragon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:49 pm

There is always good to have spare master key somewhere near your heartfire so in case you loose it, you will always have another one.
And sometimes there is justice, try to post coords where its happend and maybe some good people gonna investigate and bring justice :)
lwdragon

Postby DatSheep » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Hopefully what lwdragon says may happen, or they will just return the key. RIP
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby azrid » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 pm

next time dont tresspass
azrid

Postby DatSheep » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:01 pm

azrid wrote:next time dont tresspass

sparrowbee wrote: I was exploring underground and found what I thought was an abandoned base. There were no claims or walls. I looked around and was about to leave when you popped in.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:28 am

If you had to use criminal acts to get across... maybe it was his. If you didn't... they were probably trespassing, too, maybe just logging in randomly to gank the claim owner.

For future reference, you can make a double gate system (one going in, one going out) so you don't need a master key, just one slave. People used to say it isn't secure since they might get your slave key, but with the visitor debuff, that worry is gone.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby sparrowbee » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:38 am

MagicManICT wrote:If you had to use criminal acts to get across... maybe it was his. If you didn't... they were probably trespassing, too, maybe just logging in randomly to gank the claim owner.

For future reference, you can make a double gate system (one going in, one going out) so you don't need a master key, just one slave. People used to say it isn't secure since they might get your slave key, but with the visitor debuff, that worry is gone.

Did not have to turn on criminal acts so I'm thinking it was the latter? It seemed like he was squatting on the base and got lucky when I popped in.

I do have a village claim up so I am hoping this will protect me even if he decides to pay me a visit (pls no). Renewed my personal bonds too. Luckily I had an alt holding onto the slave so I can still get in and out. Currently in the process of slowly and painfully demolishing my gates to put up new ones. I'll try out the double gate system if I get the chance.

azrid wrote:next time dont tresspass

I meant that I trespassed in the sense in that I really should not have been there at that moment. Not that I turned on criminal acts. I never do, actually, cause its not worth leaving the scents.

lwdragon wrote:There is always good to have spare master key somewhere near your heartfire so in case you loose it, you will always have another one.
And sometimes there is justice, try to post coords where its happend and maybe some good people gonna investigate and bring justice :)

(-92, 104), I think. There's an open mine hole. Scents will be at level 4. Again, just really hoping to get the master key. Though the stuff I was wearing was pretty nice I figured I would just have to get newer, nicer stuff from CF. Hooray for Hedgehugs!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. At the very least this is a lesson I won't forget!
sparrowbee

Postby azrid » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am

As a treasure hunter myself I know others like me who will attack competition.
I've had it happen to me. Hazards of the profession.
Usually you can tell if you need to run or not when you look at what they are wearing and the weapon being used.
Good tip for the future treasure hunting is that high melee combat is great for duels.
That day the better treasure hunter won.
azrid

Postby Dakkan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:06 pm

An alternate gate system is an airlock, with the outer gate having the typical lock to it, but always open, and the inner gate having no lock at all. This allows you to not need to carry any key at all. The outer gate gives visitor to anyone crossing it, and then all you need is perms to open the inner gate from either side.
Dakkan

Return to The Moot