Prelude: World 11

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Prelude: World 11

Postby jorb » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:01 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new...

YouTube Link to the trailer

In light of the present state of the Hearth, and of its further development, a kind providence has decreed it time for Haven & Hearth to enter a new beginning. The present World 10 will thus, on the 1st of February 2019, be consigned to the bit-bucket of history, and the Hearth remade anew.

For those of you who have never experienced a world reset before, the implication of this is that all variable data -- maps, characters, &c -- will be purged, and a new, clean, world generated in their steads. This post aims to inform you of the fact that we are going to make a world reset, and to provoke some discussion and feedback on some central topics relevant for the new world.

The primary reasons for a world reset are:
  • We intend to address long-standing imbalances in the present Food system, which have over time caused severe inflations in character values, but cannot do so with less than a clean wipe of all characters.
  • We intend to deploy a buildup of various, minor but invasive changes to core systems relating to things like qualities, credos, hearth magic, &c, which cannot be deployed to a running world without institutionalizing historical imbalances in it.
  • We intend to make significant changes to the siege system, due to perceived overcomplexity, which is prudent to do in conjunction with a world reset.
  • We intend to improve and iterate on the map generator.
  • World resets are fun.

We will, over the coming two weeks, be posting various threads asking for your input on topics relevant to us, and our own thoughts on systematic changes relevant for a world reset. Feel free to take your own initiatives in that regard in this or other threads. This thread will be updated with relevant links to such threads when and as we post them.

So far we have:
RFC: Hunting Exploits
RFC: Metal spiraling

World 10 is the longest actively developed world to ever have graced the Hearth, and while some might say it has overstayed its welcome, we nevertheless consider both its present state, and the present user numbers, somewhat of a testament to an increasing longevity of the game in general. This world has been a lot of fun, and we are very excited to bring you the next.

Various other notes:
  • We will honor your subscriptions by -- when we do the reset on the 1st of Februray -- resetting the server timer back to the first of January. All subscription time passed since the 1st of January will be rolled back.
  • Please remember to stash any subtokens, custom sketches, and dev capes you wish to keep for the new world. Hats are of course unaffected.

TLDR: WORLD 11, 2019-02-01

All things return to new beginnings.

Enjoy.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Prelude: World 11

Postby Ysh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Nice.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby ElGato » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Thanks
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby shubla » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 pm

oh my
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Burinn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:03 pm

W10 is dead, long live W11.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:03 pm

PogChamp
HasseKebab

Postby rhzk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:04 pm

Larp is coming! :D
rhzk

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 pm

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Exerosp » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Lit trailer.
Exerosp

Postby DatSheep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 pm

As mainly a hermit, I am sad to see this world end. I joined almost a year ago. As a member of several communities within hafen, I'm hyped for this and also cause my new hermit will be able to find tea and candleberries in the wild now! Ecksdee
Keep trucking Bois, and I'm looking forward to many new birds in W11.

Cheers
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Next

Return to Announcements