[request] TLDR of world 10

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

[request] TLDR of world 10

Postby banok » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 am

Greatful to anyone who fancies taking a stab an a brief summary of politics and happenings in world 10 for people who missed it, before it becomes mere memory. Preferably unbiased :)
banok

Re: [request] TLDR of world 10

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 am

my point of view including majorish events involving big realms and not random fights:

Hedgehugs raid and destroy all dis buffs and dis plots with the help of FNI, NK, AD.

AD do a minor raid on CF breaking some stands and stuff along with koing noobs and bashing roads.

Hedgehugs raid AD with the help of FNI and NK (MAID CAFE/AKIHABARA, Akihabara realm completely roasted) because of the CF related stuff and being enemies in general

Hedgehugs and FNI/NK alliance split up

Hedgehugs raid NK with the help of AD (aurora completely roasted resulting in NK later becoming almost nonexistent)

Some failed siege attempts on other big villages happened but nothing remotely close to big.

My village Bone Zone got sieged by AD because I didn't log in to check it xd resulting in 8 buffs getting destroyed, but the village was later easily rebuilt.

Hedgehugs raid Quiet Storm (roasting all buffs and forcing them to completely abandon the village)

I think these are the only things worth mentioning, there was lots of fights and long periods of inactivity as well.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:21 am

Someone complained that Quiet Storm was successfully sieged because Devs changed a critical mechanic mid-siege, is there any truth in that?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 am

vatas wrote:Someone complained that Quiet Storm was successfully sieged because Devs changed a critical mechanic mid-siege, is there any truth in that?

No idea what that's about.
DDDsDD999

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 am

vatas wrote:Someone complained that Quiet Storm was successfully sieged because Devs changed a critical mechanic mid-siege, is there any truth in that?

That's untrue.
The only mechanics change, ranger bows having the ability to fire through gates, benefited the defenders.

Just wanna say, QS made some pretty big mistakes during the siege...
1) major fighters deciding to leave Nidbaneable scents at the slightest bait;
2) Their main archer trying to yolo in solo, and getting KOed 3(4?) times for no reason;
3) VERY POORLY abusing shield mechanics (we only needed to get through 60k + 60k or something? I forget. Instead of 60k + 60k + 60k + 40k +40k +40k +40k +20k +20k +20k +20k + 60k + original regenerated 60k + new Pclaim);
4) Letting us siege during our off peak for in excess of 10 hours on 100 stated alts, when their 15k+ stated characters sat at the wall shittalking instead of walking out and breaking both catas, and the undried safe pali uncontested;
5) Not attacking nidbane tunnels at all;
6) Nidbaning our vandal alts consistently, instead of our biggest titans that they definitely had scents for;
7) Not revoking the right where applicable;
8) Not even attempting to toggle vandal perms.

It was literally blunder, after blunder, after blunder... But it still took us like 2 days to get in. I'm so glad those siege mechanics are going away...
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kaios » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:06 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:my point of view including majorish events involving big realms and not random fights:

Hedgehugs raid and destroy all dis buffs and dis plots with the help of FNI, NK, AD.

AD do a minor raid on CF breaking some stands and stuff along with koing noobs and bashing roads.

Hedgehugs raid AD with the help of FNI and NK (MAID CAFE/AKIHABARA, Akihabara realm completely roasted) because of the CF related stuff and being enemies in general

Hedgehugs and FNI/NK alliance split up

Hedgehugs raid NK with the help of AD (aurora completely roasted resulting in NK later becoming almost nonexistent)

Some failed siege attempts on other big villages happened but nothing remotely close to big.

My village Bone Zone got sieged by AD because I didn't log in to check it xd resulting in 8 buffs getting destroyed, but the village was later easily rebuilt.

Hedgehugs raid Quiet Storm (roasting all buffs and forcing them to completely abandon the village)

I think these are the only things worth mentioning, there was lots of fights and long periods of inactivity as well.

politics in this game is so weird you're all helping each other one time and raiding each other the next
Kaios

Postby Burinn » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Kaios wrote:
politics in this game is so weird you're all helping each other one time and raiding each other the next

Pragmatism baby.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Kaios wrote:politics in this game is so weird you're all helping each other one time and raiding each other the next

It's just a faster time scale than usual. One minute, France and Britain are fierce enemies, but then Germany starts rattling sabers, and France and Britain are best buddies.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MightySheep » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am

I was only around for the kingdom forming part and the start of big war. There were storm in NW (noobs), akihabara in north, some secluded pve faction NE, fire & ice central, hedgehogs SE, DIS in SW.

Akihabara, Fire & Ice and Hedgehugs teamed up to fight DIS. This was start of 30v30 battles which were like 1fps for me and killed my motivation to play so I stopped.

Our village all quit to boredom in about a month so we werent much help for maid cafe (Akihabara) when they got killed. From the sound of it, most of the cases of kingdoms being wiped out were the usual tryhards cleaning up inactives with an extremely dumb convoluted siege system.

I can attest to the fact that Kingdom of Storm never come out of their walls. I could sit solo in their front door with low stat and they all just look over the wall like :? :? :? :? doing nothing. Not sure what there deal was, didnt make sense for them to form a solo kingdom.
MightySheep

Postby Pupsi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:35 pm

MightySheep wrote:.

After we leave, Akihabara become AD/Svetas friends. None of these people who was playing in a period of big fights was effected. (at least thats what i know)
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
Pupsi

Next

Return to The Moot