Some combat ideas for next world

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Some combat ideas for next world

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:41 pm

1. Nerfing the agility cooldown adventage

If I'm not wrong, max agi adventage gives like 40% faster cooldowns, imo it should be nerfed to like 20%, right now when someone has the maximum agility adventage over you its just impossible to defend from him, if you SPAM defences he can still raise you higher and higher by spamming attacks. An example : attacker with 1000 agility uses kito+flex+kito+flex+kito+flex against a defender with 500 agility that uses sidestep/zigzag. Eventually after a few "rounds" of moves the defender will have 50/40-ish opennings that will result in a very very strong hit AND there is no space for the defender to even try to fight back. If the amount was 20% and not 40%, it still would help the attacker but make it possible for the defender to do anything.

2. Nerfing speed-buffs

Watch this first : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAjeF_ylGbE

Right now when a let's say 4v4 fight happens, one side after losing 1 member will just take speedbuffs and run away, there is no way to catch up to them. I agree that people should be able to run away if they don't want to fight back, but it shouldn't happen 100% of the time.

FIX : Remove speedbuff stacking, reduce spawn-rate of speedbuffs, add a cooldown to picking them up (you can still pick them up while on the cooldown but it only makes them dissapear, so you can prevent attackers from catching up but you dont get another buff)

3. Nerfing bows

Right now bows in PVP are waaay too overpowered. It's literally possible to hit someone for 3000dmg in 2 seconds, and making a character with 3000hp just takes too much time for that to be possible. 1 second of aiming & left clicking a portrait can remove someone from combat completly until he heals. It's nice to have bows around but the damage should be greatly reduced.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Re: Some combat ideas for next world

Postby Burinn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:2. Nerfing speed-buffs

Right now when a let's say 4v4 fight happens, one side after losing 1 member will just take speedbuffs and run away, there is no way to catch up to them. I agree that people should be able to run away if they don't want to fight back, but it shouldn't happen 100% of the time.

FIX : Remove speedbuff stacking, reduce spawn-rate of speedbuffs, add a cooldown to picking them up (you can still pick them up while on the cooldown but it only makes them dissapear, so you can prevent attackers from catching up but you dont get another buff)

Do something about this.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:47 pm

maybe make an incentive to not run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Unless movement combat was the goal. Make it where stances only apply if you’re standing.
Mario_Demorez

Postby solexi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:1. Nerfing the agility cooldown adventage

If I'm not wrong, max agi adventage gives like 40% faster cooldowns, imo it should be nerfed to like 20%, right now when someone has the maximum agility adventage over you its just impossible to defend from him, if you SPAM defences he can still raise you higher and higher by spamming attacks. An example : attacker with 1000 agility uses kito+flex+kito+flex+kito+flex against a defender with 500 agility that uses sidestep/zigzag. Eventually after a few "rounds" of moves the defender will have 50/40-ish opennings that will result in a very very strong hit AND there is no space for the defender to even try to fight back. If the amount was 20% and not 40%, it still would help the attacker but make it possible for the defender to do anything.

2. Nerfing speed-buffs

3. Nerfing bows

Right now bows in PVP are waaay too overpowered. It's literally possible to hit someone for 3000dmg in 2 seconds, and making a character with 3000hp just takes too much time for that to be possible. 1 second of aiming & left clicking a portrait can remove someone from combat completly until he heals. It's nice to have bows around but the damage should be greatly reduced.

Must change for new world
cyrus9586 wrote:Who knows who you really just met. He acts like he is nice and gave you a BUNCH of q200 clothes! He can't be bad...Later that night "Your New Buddy" meets with his village and says he found some fresh newbies to mess with when they get bored and that he has a way in. Oh, you thought those clothes were gifts? Nah just "Loaners"
solexi

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote:maybe make an incentive to not run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Unless movement combat was the goal. Make it where stances only apply if you’re standing.

That existed and people still didn't stop moving. It is very obvious to anyone with a brain that people are going to move in the opposite direction of the enemy if they don't feel like they'd win a standing fight, no matter what combat system you implement.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:one side after losing 1 member will just take speedbuffs and run away, there is no way to catch up to them.

One potentially stupid idea I've considered is to make it so that the chances to see a speedbuff caps at, say, 50%, rather than 100% as is presently the case. That way, there's no guarantee that the escapees are first to all speedbuffs. Too much randomness in combat might suck, though.

Another idea I've considered at some point is to add an action ("dash", or something), which, actual values being tentative, of course, immediately consumes 20% stamina and gives a speedbuff similar to those gained from the wind in return. Feel free to opine.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:26 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:maybe make an incentive to not run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Unless movement combat was the goal. Make it where stances only apply if you’re standing.

That existed and people still didn't stop moving. It is very obvious to anyone with a brain that people are going to move in the opposite direction of the enemy if they don't feel like they'd win a standing fight, no matter what combat system you implement.

If you’re talking about in legscy where you didn’t have a defense if you got hit while moving that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m saying if you are using oak stance and someone is attacking you you don’t get to lower your highest opening. However movement combat is better than just standing still and playing cards.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Aceb » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:43 pm

loftar wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:one side after losing 1 member will just take speedbuffs and run away, there is no way to catch up to them.

One potentially stupid idea I've considered is to make it so that the chances to see a speedbuff caps at, say, 50%, rather than 100% as is presently the case. That way, there's no guarantee that the escapees are first to all speedbuffs. Too much randomness in combat might suck, though.

Another idea I've considered at some point is to add an action ("dash", or something), which, actual values being tentative, of course, immediately consumes 20% stamina and gives a speedbuff similar to those gained from the wind in return. Feel free to opine.

No hard feelings loftar, but I think Ozzy's idea is more fair and less random. Even if You don't reduce spawn-rate of those or eventually, speedbuff stacking only outside of battle.

Ozzy123 wrote:FIX : Remove speedbuff stacking, reduce spawn-rate of speedbuffs, add a cooldown to picking them up (you can still pick them up while on the cooldown but it only makes them dissapear, so you can prevent attackers from catching up but you dont get another buff)
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:14 pm

loftar wrote:

I think both of these ideas are okay but I don't see the point to put so much work in it, if they were less common and there was a cooldown for them most of the issue would be fixed, people would use them to get some distance from the attackers but not to just teleport away from their render distance and port back home.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby MightySheep » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 pm

I prefer the idea of speed buff as a more rare thing to make for good memories like "remember that time I got away cuz I got lucky and found 2 speed buffs" instead of speed buff everywhere
MightySheep

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas