thoughts on bringing back perma death

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

thoughts on bringing back perma death

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:50 am

the main reason so many big bois were running around is because of the fact they had bin koed many times before but got away through ko.
bringing back murder after ko will stop people from reaching insane stats significantly.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Re: thoughts on bringing back perma death

Postby RedKGB » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:02 am

I just discovered tonight by talking to some folks that you no longer need to die, that surprised me.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby maze » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:10 am

So many people don't like perma death.

rolling back to old new is not how we keep the players who didn't like the idea of death.
the fact we are bringing in tons of new players because of the new death mechanics is a good thing.

Tons of the old hardcore also agree, losing a character is pretty much the moment you quit the game and wait for a new world.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:15 am

character dying has no significant impact its when your factory gets destroyed in a raid thats when people quit. because you have now no way of catching back up.
w10 will repeat and we will see 20k stat fighters with too much hp to die again.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Jackwolf » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:16 am

as someone who has died to countless stupid things, including ants, i think it should be brought back. It's exciting. It's thrilling. It's a big red bleeping blaring warning sign for "DONT DO THE STUPID THING". I miss it.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby 2d0x » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 am

Immediately I will explain that I am exclusively PvE player. Personally, I do not want to die and fight in this game, but I welcome the death of players who wish to die. I have already proposed to return the permanent death for those characters who have ever attacked others.
wonder-ass wrote:character dying has no significant impact its when your factory gets destroyed in a raid thats when people quit. because you have now no way of catching back up.
w10 will repeat and we will see 20k stat fighters with too much hp to die again.

Perhaps, but in W11 food will be changed, if I am not mistaken. In addition, I doubt that W11 will be as long as the current W10.
Maybe it would make sense to introduce something like a killer's credo, where the character gets permanent death along with some bonuses and concessions.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:50 am

add a skill that makes your character stronger while taking away the ability to travel home on KO
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Redlaw » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:05 am

So the fact you can run while not in combat PvP mainly, has been a good and bad thing, mainly a good thing. Though if people are going to do this across seas in the new world, I would hope that is a restriction in some way as is. Given porting across the sea is meaning you left a knarr behind. Permadeath might be softer but more then just the risk of losing your character are at risk,ore and more so. I remember when deas ment you lose everything, respoawning no matter how far ment someone breathing down your neck, killing you for the laughs more so then o ya you did something dump, good you.

Just see how the new world runs a bit before you day no to being a soft, death still sucks. It sucks a lot, and just think if they came over a sea, you get free loot if not a boat you can sink after looting cause they did something stupid.

From what I have seen the pvp Sean have not changed much, just got even more deady, of you cant port (like they are on your base) your still screwed anyway. Softer yes but the hard core PvP is still the same. Not thinking gonna change it, its get more wild soft blows or not this upcoming world.
Redlaw

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:07 am

the game is much much much more exciting with permadeath, BUT the reality is ppl just quit when they die, they always do. i really liked the sliders tho! anyways with broken shit like archery permadeath would be terrible, or i guess the game is unplayable anyways with archery in its current state
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Redlaw » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:33 am

Only seen people complain about archery being broken since the lasd of the dead in the game could have its quality changed at a whim. As that is the only place I have heard its broken, cause who in there right mind would use it in PvP main world (it has sucked and likely will keep on doing so).

But PvP itself likely should mean no porting, and greater issues then just losing youe base when you die. Something like the whole world gets a notice someone died and can hunt down your base, no matter if its an alt or not, to rip you apart and set you on a pike, just to be KIND. But that s just an extreme. I mean why not make death suck more then it does right now?

really I was there when a whole kingdom got wrecked even with this rule, you cant port when there ripping your base apart. When they sneak in though your mines and kill you and ensure you die even if you could port. When a war almost starts over who can bury a loved players body type of issue. This rule was there and yet it did not change anything in the end.Main thing that will is siege rules cause if your stuck in your base, having an extra life wont matter, in fact your enemies will likely just screw with you more if you succeed in porting home to safty. Worst case the conflict that was away from your base, you got away from to safety, will doom you and anyone you have been nice to.

This part of H&H has not changed, just gotten sadder. Likely going to stay that way if not get worse. Death still sucks not going to change.
Redlaw

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas