thoughts on bringing back perma death

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: thoughts on bringing back perma death

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:48 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
MightySheep wrote:perma death is a very big part of the appeal of this game to me tbh

people tell me its not really gone anywhere though so not sure what the issue is

If someone gets ko'd all combat relations are dropped. After 30 seconds the ko'd person can hearth back or, if not outlawed, log out. So you have to deal all their HHP damage by the time they get ko'd for them to die. Moves do a maximum % of the person's max HP. Cleave, for example, will do up to 60% of someone's Max HP as HHP damage.

That is simply untrue, a quick test in valhalla shows me that i can cleave my 10 con alt for 70% damage with a cutblade and a b12 with chop and only 25% with a metal axe same results with cleave. Concussion damage included.
HasseKebab

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:08 pm

HasseKebab wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:
MightySheep wrote:perma death is a very big part of the appeal of this game to me tbh

people tell me its not really gone anywhere though so not sure what the issue is

If someone gets ko'd all combat relations are dropped. After 30 seconds the ko'd person can hearth back or, if not outlawed, log out. So you have to deal all their HHP damage by the time they get ko'd for them to die. Moves do a maximum % of the person's max HP. Cleave, for example, will do up to 60% of someone's Max HP as HHP damage.

That is simply untrue, a quick test in valhalla shows me that i can cleave my 10 con alt for 70% damage with a cutblade and a b12 with chop and only 25% with a metal axe same results with cleave. Concussion damage included.

it is true though and he just didnt include concussion damage (BIGTHONK) XD
ive koed like 100+ alts and from what ive seen the min concussion is 5% of total hhp and max 20%, so in 1 cleave for all their health u can max do 80% which means you need to remove 20-35% of their hhp before you do a max damage cleave on them. if you wanna kill them at least, its impossible to do in 1v1 fights at least unless ur opponent is retarded and in group fights its hard to pull off too, and is usually caused by more luck than planning
ChildhoodObesity

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:13 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:it is true though and he just didnt include concussion damage (BIGTHONK) XD
ive koed like 100+ alts and from what ive seen the min concussion is 5% of total hhp and max 20%, so in 1 cleave for all their health u can max do 80% which means you need to remove 20-35% of their hhp before you do a max damage cleave on them. if you wanna kill them at least, its impossible to do in 1v1 fights at least unless ur opponent is retarded and in group fights its hard to pull off too, and is usually caused by more luck than planning

It is simply not true the damage is based on the weapon used and not the move go try it yourself. The alt is always left with the same amount of hhp in every scenario against chop, sting and cleave in my test.

Bonus fact: the damage is ranging between 70-50% regardless of attack used, weapon of choice was also the 2 hander sword.
Bonus Bonus fact: my last try was only dealing 55% damage including concussion with 5/5 cleave against 100% blue.
Last edited by HasseKebab on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HasseKebab

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:15 pm

I agree with mightysheep, perma-death was the game's main feature. I'm still dead set it needs to be back.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:51 pm

HasseKebab wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:it is true though and he just didnt include concussion damage (BIGTHONK) XD

It is simply not true the damage is based on the weapon used and not the move go try it yourself. The alt is always left with the same amount of hhp in every scenario against chop, sting and cleave in my test.

Bonus fact: the damage is ranging between 70-50% regardless of attack used, weapon of choice was also the 2 hander sword.
Bonus Bonus fact: my last try was only dealing 55% damage including concussion with 5/5 cleave against 100% blue.

well i mean i never said movee type mattered, as far as im aware all moves using a weapon are 60% or at least ravensbite and cleave which are the only 2 ive used in combat, and im pretty sure weapon type doesnt matter. its possible valhalla is bullshit but i mean, ive done enough tests in the reeal world and got a ton of kills that i know im right there heh....
ChildhoodObesity

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:09 pm

max health in valhalla is 3162 (WONDER WHAT 60% OF THAT IS.. HMMMM) ((1897)) and 17% concussion which is within the normal range

if you do less than their total health its just 60% of the total shp hit, so a 750 hit would be 450 etc

((((IM RIGHT))))

tested a cutblade (once) and it was 50% i mean lower number weapons hardly matter if youre looking to max the chance of a kill anyways
ChildhoodObesity

Postby HasseKebab » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:36 am

I was only arguing that it didnt matter which move you used.
HasseKebab

Postby banok » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:35 am

this is really the most confusing unexpected change for someone who was most active in w8+ when there wasnt even any inheritance.

like if its to make the game less punishing for nabbish innocents / pve retards, it would be one thing, but all pvp fights now are (mostly) non fatal now? :o

personally think that death should always be penalised, even if its just -20% stats, fear is gameplay. but crimes should perma stack death penalties up to -100%, and nidbanes are dumb.
banok

Postby Granger » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Simple solution: buying Rage disables KO for that character. These who want more dying can buy it, these who don't skip it like they already do...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Granger wrote:Simple solution: buying Rage disables KO for that character. These who want more dying can buy it, these who don't skip it like they already do...

thats what weve all bin asking for since the creation of teleport on ko lol.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas