thoughts on bringing back perma death

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: thoughts on bringing back perma death

Postby Nek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:00 pm

Granger wrote:Simple solution: buying Rage disables KO for that character. These who want more dying can buy it, these who don't skip it like they already do...

Why isn't this already a thing? The only ''''''''''''''''''''exploitable''''''''''''''''''''''' thing I can think of regarding this is somebody could build their character as a fighter, avoid picking up Rage, and then just relying on other people aggroing them. That way they can still technically kill people while having the safety that people who don't buy Rage get, but surely there's a solution to this and even if not who gives a fuck thats such a niche thing that I wouldn't really care, if it means bringing back death again I'd take it.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

Postby jorb » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Granger wrote:Simple solution: buying Rage disables KO for that character. These who want more dying can buy it, these who don't skip it like they already do...

Off the cuff, and without too much thought, I really like this idea. Will certainly consider.

Anyone can feel free to throw arguments against it if they have them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:21 pm

jorb wrote:

Off the cuff, and without too much thought, I really like this idea. Will certainly consider.

well i guess the draw back would be fighters not getting rage and letting others aggro them WITH rage to kill them.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:31 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
jorb wrote:

well i guess the draw back would be fighters not getting rage and letting others aggro them WITH rage to kill them.

If you don't have rage and you ko someone, it should also KO like it is now. The only scenario you wouldn't get rage as a fighter would be for creating openings in fights and not doing finishing cleaves on the people who aggro you.
DDDsDD999

Postby Vesena » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:32 pm

If you don't buy Rage, you'll need an alt to turn every Mandrake you see into a Dark Effigy.
Vesena

Postby HasseKebab » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:43 pm

jorb wrote:

Instead of Rage doing that how about you just add back the murder skill for say 100k lp which allows the player to murder other players with the murder skill and vice versa but cannot murder or be murdered by rage characters.

To give this skill an actual benefit it could give you 10%-20% more ua/mc/str/agi/con buff for as long as the character is alive.

Otherwise we'll just have the problem where people wont get rage since they wouldnt actually benefit anything from getting it since if they get aggro'd they have the upside of being able to still save their characters upon ko.
HasseKebab

Postby jorb » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:00 pm

HasseKebab wrote:where people wont get rage since they wouldnt actually benefit anything from getting it since if they get aggro'd they have the upside of being able to still save their characters upon ko.

The obvious benefit to getting the skill being that you would be able to attack others.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Massa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:02 pm

jorb wrote:
HasseKebab wrote:where people wont get rage since they wouldnt actually benefit anything from getting it since if they get aggro'd they have the upside of being able to still save their characters upon ko.

The obvious benefit to getting the skill being that you would be able to attack others.

yes but you're weighing a grain of sand against what is essentially a dumptruck full of mountains if, if i read right, tye purchase of rage disables the ability to be KO'd and instead just defaults to murder at 0 shp?
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby CSPAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Honestly, it's not a bad idea. It allows a more hardcore player base to coexist with those that aren't interested in such intensive play. A balance.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Massa wrote:
jorb wrote:

yes but you're weighing a grain of sand against what is essentially a dumptruck full of mountains if, if i read right, tye purchase of rage disables the ability to be KO'd and instead just defaults to murder at 0 shp?

no it means you dont teleport home instead we are able to aggro you again while you are ko on the ground and murder you.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas