thoughts on bringing back perma death

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: thoughts on bringing back perma death

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm

2d0x wrote:One could introduce a simple “veil” (such as a high-pitched fence). Or canopies.

It's an isometric game. Even a 3D game with an adjustable camera would see over and around things. How do you propose this works? It comes down to the same problem as darkness in caves--1) The server has to cull information sent to the client, and 2) a ton of data is sent via the mini-map, anyway.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:20 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
2d0x wrote:One could introduce a simple “veil” (such as a high-pitched fence). Or canopies.

It's an isometric game. Even a 3D game with an adjustable camera would see over and around things. How do you propose this works? It comes down to the same problem as darkness in caves--1) The server has to cull information sent to the client, and 2) a ton of data is sent via the mini-map, anyway.

Some kind of structure I guess has advantage over cave lighting of not being so dynamic. But yes, only way for implementing it involve some data culling.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby 2d0x » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:26 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

Suppose a canopy can be on the principle of a house house with an arbitrary size, having instead of a floor ordinary ground and where all the walls are the door?
Last edited by 2d0x on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:30 pm

2d0x wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

Suppose a canopy can be on the principle of a house, having instead of a floor ordinary ground?

How big do you imagine this thing to be?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby 2d0x » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:34 pm

At this stage, I simply suggested, without thinking about the implementation.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Burinn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:25 pm

2d0x wrote:At this stage, I simply suggested, without thinking about the implementation.

Probably the first time anyone has ever said this. Congratulations!
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby eliminoid » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Jorb, if you are going to remove the ability to teleport while knocked by characters with rage, I'd expect that you also make it so you cannot die from pvp wounds if you don't have the rage skill. Make it so you'll always have minimum of 1hhp in pvp (if you dont have rage).
Hi
eliminoid

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas