Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Nerf hunting more pls
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:47 pm

jacksonblu wrote:
jorb wrote: Catapults and battering rams dry, initially in 24 hours, and then in 8 hours after repairs.

I don't know if this is the best option. It feels like this just favors defenders too much. Patrol bots that destroy catapults and rams will be rampant, and no attacker can be reasonably expected to have to defend a catapult for 24 straight hours.

Ah, your claim will warn you on log in if it has seen a siege machine. You shouldn't need patrol bots. Updating OP.

I think it would be more fair if you could only destroy a catapult or ram if it was dried, meaning that defenders would still have 24 hours of warning, while attackers would have a much more reasonable period for which they have to protect the siege weapons.

Perhaps a good idea! Could at least consider making it indestructible for the first 12, 14, x, hours, or something. Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 pm

Also the tree-growth randomizing thing does not seem like a good idea.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Mafious » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 pm

also post a MS paint sketch or something of the rough shape of the world map.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 pm

jorb wrote:
jacksonblu wrote:
jorb wrote: Catapults and battering rams dry, initially in 24 hours, and then in 8 hours after repairs.

I don't know if this is the best option. It feels like this just favors defenders too much. Patrol bots that destroy catapults and rams will be rampant, and no attacker can be reasonably expected to have to defend a catapult for 24 straight hours.

Ah, your claim will warn you on log in if it has seen a siege machine. You shouldn't need patrol bots. Updating OP.

I think it would be more fair if you could only destroy a catapult or ram if it was dried, meaning that defenders would still have 24 hours of warning, while attackers would have a much more reasonable period for which they have to protect the siege weapons.

Perhaps a good idea! Could at least consider making it indestructible for the first 12, 14, x, hours, or something. Will consider.

I would be afraid of people spamming rams / catas since those are indestructible for first hours. I would rather push the "12 hours" period onto second half, where You actually to be prepared and both sides must put some effort into this.

Wild Chickens now have quality.

A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:54 pm

jorb wrote:

That HAS to be a thing actually, with these changes sieging would be literally impossible. Catapults will deal what, 1800dmg per hour? Imagine sieging a village with 4 layers of brickwall that has 10000HP when you can't even protect your catapult in any way.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby DauntlessGolem » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 pm

Is the death bonus from credos the quest minimum being set back to 10, or is it the fact that you can keep completed credos after death?
Agame wrote:Gorgeous, practical, common-sense idea. They will talk about bots and will not implement it because it is brilliant.

+1, not that it will matter anyway.

jorb wrote:@ OP: Terrible idea. Just run a bot doing that.
DauntlessGolem

Postby maze » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 pm

With the changed to rage.
is it still possible to defend your base? activate/attack people on your claim even if you don't have rage.

jacksonblu wrote:

I don't know if this is the best option. It feels like this just favors defenders too much. Patrol bots that destroy catapults and rams will be rampant, and no attacker can be reasonably expected to have to defend a catapult for 24 straight hours. I think it would be more fair if you could only destroy a catapult or ram if it was dried, meaning that defenders would still have 24 hours of warning, while attackers would have a much more reasonable period for which they have to protect the siege weapons.

No thanks.
1)if some gaint alliance attacks a mini nub. you're fked. that would be 30-50 people at some nub house. zerg faction would have 1000x the power
2)attacks getting to choose the time to attack? fk that. i don't want to be defending my base at 4am becuase some no life wanted to drop a catapult at 4am to attack.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby waga » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:00 am

My first thought were "seems good , lot of stuff have been improved".
Trees speed determined by location and no potter wheel for potter clay seems super sketchy though.
waga

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements